over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Age and years of training (honestly)

I am 27 been traing for 11 years on and off . i am not as into lifting as much as i use to be. But i have my 3-4 months a year that i mange to do some steady lifting. right now i am 5'8 at 288 ponds. not sure of my bodfat but it is pretty high right now i could easily stand to lose 20-30 pounds. :eek:

I'm 45 and have been lifting since I was 13. I compete in Masters Olympic lifting meets but am entertaining the idea of entering a BB show for Masters. I like all aspects of the iron game and have incorporated them in training (ie, bodybuilding, powerlifting, and olympic lifting). I like being strong and looking somewhat like I lift weights. I'm 5'10 and weigh 210-215, around 10%BF, pumped arms around 18", legs around 28". I have Strength and Health magazines from the 50's (my dad lifted too). So I learned a lot by reading.

originally posted by gravityfighter
still love the look on the peoples face when they ask me how long I've been working out...I tell them over 25yrs, and you get this blank stare, I guess they think you just join a gym and in 3months you put on 100 lbs of muscle

No shit! I get that reaction too! People just give this look of disbelief that I have lifted for 29 years. I was just asked that by a guy waiting in line. He said "what does it take to get a body like that?" I think you are absolutely correct gravityfighter, they all think that you can do it in three or four months.

Ok, since you asked...

I'm in my mid-forties, been lifting seriously since 1976, so 27 years.

Started lifting to get stronger for karate, and went from 132 to 155 the first year knowing absolutely nothing, on a diet of burgers and scotch (no kidding!). Added another 10-12 lbs over the next year or so then stalled out (still on that great burgers and scotch diet!). Added 10 mgs d-bol a day for six weeks in 1982, and shot from 165 to 185.

Competed as a powerlifter in the 220 lb class in 1983 and 1984 - best lifts on paper were 575 squat, 385 bench (no shirts back then!), and 575 dead. Have done 600, 400, and 600, but meet conditions are more strict. Never was a great strength athlete and switched to BB in 1985. Won my first show, overall NPC title, in 1985, competed again in 1986, 1987, 1989, and a natural show in 1996 (what a mistake!). Always competed as a lightheavy, never placed out of the top 4 in my class.

Returned to college in 1989, worked as a personal trainer, taught anatomy, physiology, and biology at undergrad and grad level, published 2 biomed research papers in 1993, currently in an M.D. program.

Currently 225 at 5' 7", about 10% bodyfat, clean, and considering the NPC Master's Nationals next year. I've learned a lot from being on this board, and hope to learn more! The moderators, members, and pros have been very generous with their time, and I'd like to thank you all!

Dad

CaBdyBldr said:

No shit! I get that reaction too! People just give this look of disbelief that I have lifted for 29 years. I was just asked that by a guy waiting in line. He said "what does it take to get a body like that?" I think you are absolutely correct gravityfighter, they all think that you can do it in three or four months.

God damn I got the same question from the checkout girl at Giant Food last week! Actually I think it was worded exactly the same way, thats a funny coincidence. Very flattering, made my day.

I worked out sporadically in the late 60's as part of our high school football program however I did not get serious about
bodybuilding until 1973. Now at age 51 I still love training and may compete again next year in a masters level event which I have not done since 1999. I still think bodybuilding is the greatest.
Vintagemuscle

vintagemuscle said:
Now at age 51 I still love training and may compete again next year in a masters level event which I have not done since 1999.
Look Mike - Someone that's older than me! (sorry chuck999 :) )

xcel

Age 35 (soon to be 36). Been training since age 17 (18 years) and competing since 1992 (13 years).

Damn, now I feel old..............:)

LOL, there are alot of us old fuckers on here.

PB

Just turned 40 on Monday. Started training when I was 16, reading the old 'muscular development' magazines for workout advise. LOL
Did both powerlifting and bodybuilding over the years, took about 3 yrs off from lifting during my mid 20's to do martial arts, then have been back into bodybuilding since.

KR

Paul Bunyan said:

PB
You know, I hope we are still at it 20...30 years from now....Man I wonder how much a cycle will cost when I'm 70?:D

Paul Bunyan said:

PB

Yep another one here! Big A will testify. ;)
I've been training for 16 years. Gradually went from 57kg @ 19% to 78kg @ 15% average bf, down to 10 or 11 for comps. These days I hang around 75kg god knows what bf prob back to 19 on a bad day.
Competed in about 20 comps mostly local, regional, state. Won a national title and a couple of states. These days I mostly judge and oil up some friends back stage. :D

Last edited:
Jungle Girl said:
These days I mostly judge and oil up some friends back stage. :D
Hey JJ - you're not old :confused: You can oil my back any day :D

xcel

Jungle Girl said:

Yep another one here! Big A will testify. ;)

All I see is a spunky babe every time! ;) :cool:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner