over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Age in Bodybuilding

why do people have to assume the only reason were happy is when we see muscles..lol..I didnt lift a weight till I was 40 yrs old at 290lbs of fat at 5"7" im 44 now and 250 back up from 190 with abs..I feel great and I train like a pro because I enjoy it very much..I dont do it for any other reason than the enjoyment of seeing progress and feeling better..I raced bikes and cars my whole life as well as having my business since 16yrs old and this is the least amount of money I have ever spent on a hobby and the most fulfilling i'm planning on being another old guy on stage this summer..I weigh all my food and hit every meal on time because I love to do it..it is the easiest thing I have ever done because its up to you to do it...i dont have to worry about a team member making a mistake and ruining my weeknd..sorry for the rant but i keep reading all this negative crap about dont make your life bodybuilding but if it is a passion and you love it make it your life!:)

why do people have to assume the only reason were happy is when we see muscles..lol..I didnt lift a weight till I was 40 yrs old at 290lbs of fat at 5"7" im 44 now and 250 back up from 190 with abs..I feel great and I train like a pro because I enjoy it very much..I dont do it for any other reason than the enjoyment of seeing progress and feeling better..I raced bikes and cars my whole life as well as having my business since 16yrs old and this is the least amount of money I have ever spent on a hobby and the most fulfilling i'm planning on being another old guy on stage this summer..I weigh all my food and hit every meal on time because I love to do it..it is the easiest thing I have ever done because its up to you to do it...i dont have to worry about a team member making a mistake and ruining my weeknd..sorry for the rant but i keep reading all this negative crap about dont make your life bodybuilding but if it is a passion and you love it make it your life!:)

by all means, if you enjoy it that much, then do it, I think the point is that if it starts becoming a negative, causing problems in relationships, work, in your self esteem, ie if your day is ruined by a bad workout or because you cheated on diet and didnt plan it, then it is becoming a negative. Compared to many of the other things I see grown men doing as hobbies and pouring their life into, bodybuilding is not a bad thing at all, unless the drug aspect is taken to extremes. Think about it, how many guys spend all weekend on the golf course constantly, which is not as healthy as lifting and fitness, or doing home projects/yard work, where their whole life and value is based on a material possession. Not that we shouldnt take care of our homes, but if I had to choose between my house or pretty much any other material thing and my body and health, I am going to choose my health every time. Now, this is also assuming that we are being healthy, which prbably means no super high dosed long cycles, moderation is key.

I understand you, I dont compete, but I love pushing my body in training hard, and the discipline of dieting, I believe that hard work and discipline carry over into other areas of my life. For me it is a positive and I am anal about making it to the gym and eating right, it is a priority for me, however I do try to keep it in the right order, work is above it, family is above it, and dont want to start anything, but for me, above all is service to my Lord. If working out gets in the way of any of those, when I am forced to choose between any of those and bodybuilding and I choose bodybuilding, I have a problem, but as long as those things are taken care of, then it time to blast away at the gym and eat healthy.

Bodybuilding can be a good and positive thing that can be healthy but ... the bodybuilding that the large majority of people in the sport do is completely different. When it consumes you and DEFINES you, that is where you run into problems. Nevermind the drugs, I am talking about the impact it has on you, as a person, and loved ones around you.

Phil, I love your perspective on the sport and on bodybuilding and keeping it in perspective BUT ... I am very curious if this was something you believed before you had health issues or did you come to this after having those issues?

Skip

I personally feel like anyone that is walking around larger than normal would have some other DANGEROUS vice is it wasnt bodybuilding...lol..I get a hard time from friends that drink every night for my aas use that have a 300 plus pound gut and that can be just as hard on a relationship..I have friends that golf and watch sports on tv while they drink and I see their beautiful wives at the gym with other dudes and that can be hard on a relationship..lol..just sayin....well im on my way to the flex pro to hang out with all my peers that have made this sport their life!..

Bodybuilding is a marathon, not a sprint.

Here are the ages of some of the top contenders at the NPC Nationals last year:

1st place Bantamweight: Richard Siegelman - 46 years old (earned pro card)

2nd place Bantamweight: George Gibson - 51 years old

1st place Lightweight: Leonard Pacheco - 41 years old (earned pro card)

3rd place Welterweight: Jesse Sabater - 46 years old

1st place Middleweight: Roger Ferrer - 41 years old (earned pro card)

2nd place Middleweight: Stoil Stoilove - 45 years old

It's never too late to be the person you want to be.

sad.

very sad statement.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member