over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Age Old Debate: Nandrolone + Finasteride = More Androgenic

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
This came up in an NPP thread and I thought it deserved its own thread. It may feel like a rehash to some, but many believe Deca+propecia being worse for hair than test alone is a complete myth. I am not so sure.

I´m on Dutasteride at the moment and was contemplating trying out some NPP, what are the reasons you can´t run nandrolones with an anti androgen?

It's a debated point. I've seen posts where people explained it was a myth, but I believe they were incorrect. An example of that would be here:

Dispelling the deca + finasteride myth

But when you look at hard science, you will see that the combination of nandrolone+finasteride (or duta) is incredibly ANDROGENIC, moreso than test.

https://www.ergo-log.com/nandrolonefinasteride.html

ment2.gif

The truth, from other sources I deem more credible, is that the combination of the two drugs actually results in an increase in its androgenic profile. When you take out the 5AR conversion (finasteride), the nandrolone wont metabolize to DHN and converts (or remains??) a more powerful structure similar to DHT. Without the 5ar action, it is metabolized to DHN which is thought to be mild. As you can see from the chart I posted the combination of Nandrolone + Fin was MORE androgenic than Test + Fin or even MENT. People put out bad info on this a lot but this is the conclusion I have come to. You cant really deny that result above no matter what guru is talking.

The misconception is that since nandrolone tends to have a lower androgenic profile, its easier on hair. That is true but unmetabolized nandrolone is a very strong binder and activator of androgen receptors - stronger than testosterone and on a level close to DHT. You can look that up if you want, but its true. When people talk about the A:A Profile of Deca, they are talking about metabolized. This is the issue; hypothetically finasteride blocks the 5AR action/conversion with nandrolone resulting in circulating hormone that has more affinity to the AR then metabolized nandrolone - being WORSE at the AR site (i.e. hair follicles). In theory, this is why you would get the result seen above in the chart and link. I am not a chemist but this is how I am understanding it.

I'd love for someone wiser than me to explain nandrolone+finasteride being more androgenic is a fallacy but the study above is what it is. Every post I have seen so far on it that tries to explain that is incorrect. It may NOT be a myth after all.

Another question is will this same thing happen with Tren which is also the 19Nor group. Does tren metabolize to DHN? If so, then in theory, yes it could. I feel like someone should address all this for the community. If it has been someplace, please direct me. Its been debated for so long and there are opinions on both sides but that data above seem conclusive.

We got so many retarded "bros" in this scene that we got "arm chair gurus" bustin myths that arent fucking myths....???

Last edited:
Some things I don't get. If we assume the total DHT in ng/dl is around 20-40% of injected test E in mg/week, in which the ratio of dht:test goes down the higher the dose( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/core/l...o zoom&p=PMC3&id=2913038_zeg0081074820001.jpg)

then nandrolone might be similar depending on the affinity to the enzyme. If nandrolone is much more androgenic without 5a reductase activity, then can we assume the hormone itself is highly androgenic? Increasing the dose would lead to a decreasing DHN:nandrolone ratio and would lead to more androgenic sides if nandrolone is more androgenic than we thought.

One thing I'm unclear of is if the conversion happens mostly in select tissues such as hair, skin, and prostate or if it also occurs in the blood.

"Finasteride helps with testosterone and derrivatives like methyltest and halo. It hurts (makes more androgenic) nandrolone and some of its derrivatives like ethylestrenol and nilevar. Tren is a nandrolone based drug, but doesn't seem to be affected by 5-alpha reductase to any appreciable degree. At the very least, it definitely won't help with hair loss here."

William Llewellyn - Jan 2015, meso

Good post G.I. Bro! Well the results of the study are unequivocal so despite wanting to try it badly, adios NPP for me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws