over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Age Vs Muscle Growth

Johnny Ringo

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
As I approach the Big 52 SOON, I'm curious as to the opinions of the older lifters/Trainers as to at what age or point can you still add quality muscle?

I'd say you're good to go for a little longer.**broken link removed**

For me it's a matter of regaining mass I once had. I will never carry the muscle had at 34-38. Thats ok though. You can add muscle with all the right
aspects covered for a long time. I'll be 51 in a few months.
Keep striving. Thanks T

58 and still make noticable improvements! I like moderate weights for high reps now and wish I trained this way sooner. I look better than when I trained heavy weight for lower reps!!

59 in less than 2 weeks here...

…for me its about retaining as much muscle as I can from what I built in my younger days. Maintaining good conditioning is really important for me now. Realistically, I don't think I'll be adding much more muscle at my age, but I do think I can hang on to a lot of what I have built over the years with smart, consistent training and the right diet. Because of some worn joints, I do train lighter these days but still keep the intensity high. Frankly, at this point in my life, its harder for me to carry the same muscle I had years ago, but I don't want to weigh #240 anymore. Makes me tired to think about it. lol

This is from 2 years ago

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 2,572
You should ask Q, he's almost 50!!

Tks for all the input.. I agree with most that lighter and carrying less weight is better... Brick.. You are That.. Damn Hard as brick... Great Pic..

Ms Q i gotta give it the Big Man.. Looking some of the best I've seen him.. Both of ya.. Must be the Good Loving!!

soon to be 56

for me I blossomed late in life. Late fourties more mass and stronger the my twenties and thirties. I think replacing the test you lose as you get older, no reason you can't maintain size.

52 soon myself(WOW I have been on PM for 5 years)

I just don't want to walk around all bulked up anymore. I am actually trying to lean down. I have been running(as much as my old knees can take), biking, swimming, and I am even doing the Insanity Workout these days. I just want more than anything to be lean and fit. No extra fat at all. Without having to kill myself training or dieting.:jumping-::jumping-:

I'm 48, and have no plans to stop improving at any time in the future. It's harder to build the size I had 15 years ago, but my conditioning, muscle maturity, and aesthetics have improved. I have the same intensity and close to the same strength as years past.

Geez. Not to be confused with geezer. I am 49.

Whenever I add Tren to my pharmacopeia after a couple of weeks my wife asks if I am upping my dose. She has no idea about the different, ummm, supplements. BTW - no more Tren for me, but that's a different thread.

JR - it's a slippery question to answer. It doesn't matter your age, it's more your # of years of gear use IMHO. After X number of gear years you are going to see diminishing returns. And after X number of age years after I dunno, 40?, the ability to add quality also diminishes, of course.

But just like any age (sorry all you size monsters) it all depends on how many chemicals you are willing to pump into your body and how much of a glutton you want to be.

I honestly believe I could gain 20 lbs of good muscle between now and Christmas if I was willing to take high doses of Tren,dbol, Slin, ect.

How bad do you want it JR? Tired of Q kicking sand in your face Beach Boy?

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 705
  • medium_photoshop-fails-13.jpg
    medium_photoshop-fails-13.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,082
Last edited:
I'd say you're good to go for a little longer.**broken link removed**

Is it just me or does Zane's penis look smaller? I wish it was a better photo.

Is it just me or does Zane's penis look smaller? I wish it was a better photo.

Hmmm, good question sir. I think you may be correct in your findings. I'll call Ross and tell him to give Zane some pointers on "getting ready" for photo shoots which contain wang revealing.

I think you can still add muscle well into your senior years, strength is the real problem, as we age our muscles incur more and more calcium leakage and its believed this inhibits nerve fucntion and how hard the muscles can contract agains a particular weight.
There is a novel experimental drug in the works as of early this year, but scientist also have proven the easiest way to maintain or at least fight the degredation is to continue to lift heavy weights, heavy relative to the individual that is.

Honestly I see many older gentlemen at the gym with great physiques. It gives me hope. However, I have noticed that they don't have the strength that we do. I would assume that it's mostly likely due to cartilage and tendon issues, they just can't go heavy anymore. Hell I don't have the crazy strength I had in my 20s now that I'm in my 30s...

Much Appreciated info and experiances. ESP Coaches penile observation of Zane. Damn. U just can't slip nothing past that kid:eek: I feel like most the ability to improve is still there. Maybe not the mass size or strength from days past but like most share they have adapted a smaller leaner healthier look to where they are in life/age. Living just minutes from the beach seeing how most males look at any age is my motivation to stay fit and doing what I love to do. Nothing but a Peanut!

For me, I believe I could continue to add good muscle (45 now) for years, BUT, injuries prohibit training hard enough in chest and quads. But of the muscle groups I can still hit hard, I see continued improvement, better than even in my early 30's. Not sure if its the chems or the now higher volume / higher rep training. just wish I could go back and undo the injuries ......

Great Thread JR

And not just for us old timers.

It got me reminiscing. Man, I've been at this a long time. Competed in my 1st show in 1979. Speedo and everything' holy smokes, that was a long time ago.

I feel like I still have one bullet left in me before throwing in the towel.
I've been a MW for the last 20ish years, never was able to move up to the light heavies. So, if you go by that, I haven't really put on a lot of mass throughout the years, but I look better, in a bbing way.

I'd say my strength gains peaked in my early-mid 30's. I held on to them until about 42 or so, slow gradual downhill slope ever since. I've been able to keep the mass I had, but it has a different look to it now.

What has really made a nice difference is a combination of weights, chains and bands. Especially some reverse band work. Not always, but rotated in and out. I think it actually intensifies the exercise significantly.
Plus I think it's super important to stay lean at all times. I think it's less stressful on our bodies and even though it's harder to get in contest shape, it's definetly possible.

Anyways, we'll always be bodybuilders. Maybe not competing, but staying strong, fit and healthy does a body good!

Peace Everyone,

MT

check out the 50-59 yr old competitors at the master nats this year. i was amazed how they looked.

Staff online

• Bio
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar