over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Age Vs Muscle Growth

Cool thread my brutha. I think Coach is right to some extent about the length of time on gear and diminishing returns. I dabbled at 20years old for a few months, but didn't get on a program until I was almost 30 and had built a very solid natural base.. I also didn't start competing til I was almost 40. I agree with others about the strength issue as I'm not quite as strong as I was 10 years ago. Another thing, I have slowly but surely integrated different substances into my arsenal. 2 years ago I started growth and just a few months ago I added slin. Now I'm just beginning with peps..I have 3 years left on my growing plan and at 45 I want to compete at the Masters Nat'ls and then start backing off of everything and slim down to about 250lbs. Watcha think JR?

Holding a solid 250 on 200 test every 5 days. Muscle memory and a few yrs of gh seemes to be paying off. 44yrs old yesterday and better than ever.{ at least looking like it ]
Tried looking like Queefer but couldnt put on that last 50lbs despite his terrable genetics.lol

Holding a solid 250 on 200 test every 5 days. Muscle memory and a few yrs of gh seemes to be paying off. 44yrs old yesterday and better than ever.{ at least looking like it ]
Tried looking like Queefer but couldnt put on that last 50lbs despite his terrable genetics.lol

You forgot to mention my "goofy" frame.

I think that as long as the hormone level is their to promore muscle growth i dont see why you would stop growing , granted im sure that at some point the doseage increase would yield smaller and smaller results (deminishing return) and this would lead to health issue.

I plan to sty on at least a HRT dose of test and 2iu HGH till im realy old , like 55:D (just kidding)

You can keep improving as long has your joints are in good condition and you train appropriately, i will be 52 in January, i am trying to gain 10lbs by my birthday if all goes well i will be bigger and leaner than i ever been, I'm aware that an injury can happen at anytime and i back off at any sign of pain, it makes it harder as pain is what i use to reach for to make gains, now it's a balancing act...food is a whole different story and that's were the problems begin...quality first, quantity second.

You can keep improving as long has your joints are in good condition and you train appropriately, i will be 52 in January, i am trying to gain 10lbs by my birthday if all goes well i will be bigger and leaner than i ever been, I'm aware that an injury can happen at anytime and i back off at any sign of pain, it makes it harder as pain is what i use to reach for to make gains, now it's a balancing act...food is a whole different story and that's were the problems begin...quality first, quantity second.

i like your attitude, good luck

I don't know about adding muscle mass beyond a certain level - regardless of age. Unless, of course, you up the dose. I don't know about body comp either: I'd imagine that it gets harder and harder to maintain lean mass, there's a tendency to some fat gain, I think.

At least, I'll use that as my excuse for being a lard-ass strongman, 5'10", 280lbs, 20% BF. Give or take.

I'm TRT only, a couple months away from 51.

Beginning of July, my incline log press was 270 for a single, and that took 13 seconds of struggling to lock it out. Monday, I did 270 for an easy triple, and I got a single with 290 a couple weeks ago. I'll break 300 soon enough.

So, as far as strength goes: no reason you can't enjoy gains well into your 50's. They're going to be tempered by your training age, and if you've been training 20+ years, then sure - you're not going to see many 10% increases - but you can continue to progress.

Given some of my health issues, I think it's safe to say that if I can do it, you'll have no problem.

Lee Labrada's looking great again (after being small for a number of years) at 52.

**broken link removed**

Lee Labrada's looking great again (after being small for a number of years) at 52.

**broken link removed**

Jesus! How current is that pic?

**broken link removed**

And he only takes his own products, no gear.

Q, you said you aren't as strong as you were 10 years ago. For me it's because I no longer have the motivation to push the heavy weights like I did when I wore a younger man's clothes. (Love that line). I first began singles when I was 17 (305 with a great big bounce and an arch a truck could drive under:)). Now 32 years later they have lost all of their charm. Can you relate, with lower # math of course.

And my heavy is y'alls first warm up set.

Last edited:
Impressive pic to say the least. Coach you nailed it on yur post. :D

I'll also add when you get up there with a few years on you, I think you look noticeably younger with a less bulky, tighter build. You start thinking about that shit in your late 50's. I don't know how many times people say they thought I was 58 when I am actually almost 59 :D Makes me feel damn good. :p

I've definitely had to change my training approach with age. I can't go heavy all the time, no matter how much I'd love to.

I'm now breaking the year down into seasons: Dec - Mar is heavy powerlifting work. Then a short 4-6 week bodybuilding routine. Then strongman season is upon me, and through October, it's all about heavy implements, timed events, and pushing as hard as I can. End of season through December is back to bodybuilding.

As I age, I find it's not so about forcing my body to get stronger, but more about coaxing it to display it's strength.

Oh, and I should mention a friend: he's 65, maintains about 8% bodyfat, does some bodybuilding, some olympic lifting, some strongman. But since he retired, he has turned his attention to mountain climbing, and as he puts it "All my time in the gym is geared to supporting two things: being a better lover for my wife, and being a better climber. Those are the two things that really matter."

And he only takes his own products, no gear.

Q, you said you aren't as strong as you were 10 years ago. For me it's because I no longer have the motivation to push the heavy weights like I did when I wore a younger man's clothes. (Love that line). I first began singles when I was 17 (305 with a great big bounce and an arch a truck could drive under:)). Now 32 years later they have lost all of their charm. Can you relate, with lower # math of course.

And my heavy is y'alls first warm up set.

Lee has been taking the Humanofort since 2005, Humanofort helps stem cells proliferation (International Journal of Stem Cells Vol.3,No1, 2010) and that is very important to slow down aging.

I will be 50 this year.
I put myself through college running gyms and have been in one ever since.

I am 5'10" at 210 with abs. I have been as heavy as 240.
I can still bulk if I want to but find my body prefers the lighter weight.

My training these days consists of working what doesn't hurt and not hurting what I work.:)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member