over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aggressive Bulking

If there was intermediate-range headroom left a 50-something could still make <that> progress but the upper levels (depending on height, but say 225lbs stage weights and up) would be tough to progress at that age

I can see if your trying to make new gains. Taking your body to where it has never been. But bulky trying to put on size u had a one time and held onto for years. Now you are just trying to get back some of what you have lost for whatever reason seems possible. I was down to 176 3 years ago. No I’ll never hit my all time high but I feel I have made steady progress over the years putting it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about it too much. For a competitor like yourself it's the final product that is most important. Just don't allow yourself to get too sloppy. I always try to stay relatively lean when I am bulking but to put on real size you are going to have to put on some fat/water. Although are you using anything to help keep your waist tight or improve digestion? Any GDA's, digestive enzymes, fermented foods, fibre, glutamine, vacuums/breathing exercises etc? I think incorporating some of those would only benefit people especially when they are eating around the clock.

Elvia,

Why do you recommend Glutamine? I thought it was pretty much a waste, unless you need to strengthen the immune system?

I've used it so many times in the past and never saw anything....maybe fuller muscles

44. 240
20mg cyp per day
12.5mg MK
5g creatine
to old to bulk.........after 40 the focus should be quality, longevity, conditioning, health.
muscle that is built over time is easy to maintain on minimal hormonal support and calories.
guys competing at the masters nationals level have already built there mass and can grow into shows via muscle memory and staying lean

When was the last time you honestly went higher than what you are saying? Be honest. If that's what you have been able to maintain....you have a gift from God, and are one lucky dude. I would love to have those wheels.

Thick and shredded....look great brother!

I could do all the drugs in the world and train like I had a shotgun to my head and I still wouldn't have those monsters....even with a perfect diet, etc.

You are a lucky dude

When was the last time you honestly went higher than what you are saying? Be honest. If that's what you have been able to maintain....you have a gift from God, and are one lucky dude. I would love to have those wheels.

Thick and shredded....look great brother!

I could do all the drugs in the world and train like I had a shotgun to my head and I still wouldn't have those monsters....even with a perfect diet, etc.

You are a lucky dude

for the past 4 years.....8 weeks of 300mg cyp w/200mg npp per week w/ 3iu of GH per day. I built all my size when I was younger with higher doseages. after turning 40 pushing size ie. bulking is not very well thought out. priorities have to change. I feel sorry for guys that get stuck in this mindset as it never ends well. thank you for the compliment

for the past 4 years.....8 weeks of 300mg cyp w/200mg npp per week w/ 3iu of GH per day. I built all my size when I was younger with higher doseages. after turning 40 pushing size ie. bulking is not very well thought out. priorities have to change. I feel sorry for guys that get stuck in this mindset as it never ends well. thank you for the compliment

How high did you push the dosages when younger chasing the size? And how was your diet back then chasing it also?

How high did you push the dosages when younger chasing the size? And how was your diet back then chasing it also?

my biggest cycle was 1200mg test, 300mg deca, 600mg eq. it took me over 20 years to work up to that dose. i was very low dose in the beginning (6-7 years) simply for lack of availability and price (think early 90's). I didn't run GH until my late 30's which made a huge boost and actually was able to lower overall dosages. MK works as good for me as GH now so why spend the extra money. Diet was nothing different. the key for me has been consistency, consistency going back to my teenage years as I am 44 now. consistent nutrition, consistent hard training. we all fall off occasionally but what makes us successful is how fast we get back up. no special drug, no magic combination. the basics year after year after year.

my biggest cycle was 1200mg test, 300mg deca, 600mg eq. it took me over 20 years to work up to that dose. i was very low dose in the beginning (6-7 years) simply for lack of availability and price (think early 90's). I didn't run GH until my late 30's which made a huge boost and actually was able to lower overall dosages. MK works as good for me as GH now so why spend the extra money. Diet was nothing different. the key for me has been consistency, consistency going back to my teenage years as I am 44 now. consistent nutrition, consistent hard training. we all fall off occasionally but what makes us successful is how fast we get back up. no special drug, no magic combination. the basics year after year after year.

This is the secret answer everyone's looking for but nobody wants to hear. Train hard and eat right for 20+ years and I don't care what your genetics are or what you take, you're going to look pretty damn good.

I'm 45, almost 46. I think AAS can be perfectly healthy if done correctly. I'm on 700mg of test currently, low dose lisinopril along with daily cardio to keep bp low. I started the cycle on 500mg test/200mg npp (both Monster Labs), and 25mg dbol. Great results but BP climbed a little too high, much better on 700 test. Ancillaries are just 25mg aromasin daily. On this dose, at 45, I'm within 5% of my biggest in my 30s on 2g total.

Also note, I consider this cycle to be pretty heavy for my age, but I am extremely healthy and using much less than I have in the past. I get blood work every 3 months, ultrasounds of all the organs every year, heart scans, etc.

PS I also run 2-3iu of GH normally, but like everyone else, I'm out of bacteriostatic water lol...

Last edited:
44. 240
20mg cyp per day
12.5mg MK
5g creatine
to old to bulk.........after 40 the focus should be quality, longevity, conditioning, health.
muscle that is built over time is easy to maintain on minimal hormonal support and calories.
guys competing at the masters nationals level have already built there mass and can grow into shows via muscle memory and staying lean

Nice set of wheels my man, love how you said it. That is what I have witnessed over year m year on the board. All the top guys are getting up there in age and seem to blow up into shows n they all look good as shit with that muscle this maturity. I really didn’t realize how old most of the guys up on the big stage were this year. unless you started really late, for instance got on trt at 35 and fell in love with the gym after. fuck it try it and see if you blow up, if you don’t you will know really soon.

Old Man special:A little bit test,gh, and slim if experienced.

44. 240
20mg cyp per day
12.5mg MK
5g creatine

Your legs look great. not sure if the upper half look just a good, I am sure it does. I will be 52 next month, I run around 245 lbs (use to go at 275) my upper body still looks good, its the legs that didn't hold up as well due to several injuries, I would kill to have those legs now. Like you, my size was build in my twenties and thirties, lower doses but big weights put the size on, no GH until I was 43 yo. I still cycle and probably work out harder than ever now and I look good, just the results are not what they were when younger which sucks.

nobody thinks that aggressive bulking past 40 is not a very good idea or no one wants to step up and say it?

I do-for me anyway- others are free to do as they choose. Closer to 50 than 40. Although, I started training in my teens, got serious at 19 in college and started the hard stuff 4 years later.
I didn't start heavy cycling until my 30's and GH was never in there till mid 30's-insulin was in there too.

I miss those days of over 300 lbs...but not really enough to use anything over 200 mg a week sub-q.

Every bit of 265-270 on those baby doses and feel better than ever with that level of hormones.

I eat maybe 4-5 times a day...7 if you count work out drink and egg white and protein cookie afterwards.

For me anyway there is no way in hell I am making HUGE gains at this age at over 25 years plus of training.

So you guys are saying don't try to gain muscle after the age of 40? Or don't "bulk" while attempting to build muscle over the age of 40? Great legs or bad legs your entitled to your opinion and I respect that. But I'm going to continue to gain muscle and grow the best I can grow. That's what this is all about for me. If I thought I was just going into the gym to maintain over and over I would loose my drive to train. I don't have the muscle memory to get where I need to be on stage. I'm getting panels pulled and take care as to what I do and cardio.

Trying to grow post 40 years old is fine...I don't think it would be WISE for us to do so "aggressively" anymore.

Instead crank up calorie intake on training days about 30% over maintenance ... train a little heavier and more basic than normal with a different split than usual ... and crank test up from HRT level to include an extra 50% or so (200 to 300 or maybe 400 lets say) plus a mild anabolic (say NPP or EQ at 200-300 also). Pickup a couple lbs in a few months and then drop the anabolic....a few weeks later drop test back to 220-250 and hold... repeat a couple times a year. And keep blood work looking good. Healthy and injury free. Simple and effective. Blast/cruise. Commonplace now.

I don't feel like jumping up to 1g test plus other AAS and 5,000+ calories a day would be healthy or as easy to tolerate at say 43 years old anymore... 20 years ago, hell yeah all in! :rolleyes:

So you guys are saying don't try to gain muscle after the age of 40? Or don't "bulk" while attempting to build muscle over the age of 40? Great legs or bad legs your entitled to your opinion and I respect that. But I'm going to continue to gain muscle and grow the best I can grow. That's what this is all about for me. If I thought I was just going into the gym to maintain over and over I would loose my drive to train. I don't have the muscle memory to get where I need to be on stage. I'm getting panels pulled and take care as to what I do and cardio.

I don't think anyone is saying you can not improve.

IMHO, if you are doing it right and staying on top of blood work....fuck it. I think a lot of people use age as a crutch. What you are using isn’t anything too aggressive. If you were running several grams of test with a gram of Tren and anadrol....that would be another story.

It’s your life. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Everyone has their opinions.

LMAO at your comments at 40. That is young and I was in my prime at that age. I used to run 3 miles in 20 minutes 4 to 5 times a week and weight train heavy at 5 to 6 times a week. I considered my best shape at that age. Now, get past 50 and that is a whole another story. If you want to have a productive healthy life at around 60, you will need to change your priorities. ;)

LMAO at your comments at 40. That is young and I was in my prime at that age. I used to run 3 miles in 20 minutes 4 to 5 times a week and weight train heavy at 5 to 6 times a week. I considered my best shape at that age. Now, get past 50 and that is a whole another story. If you want to have a productive healthy life at around 60, you will need to change your priorities. ;)

fuck yeah, 40 is a number. means nothing. if u lived healthy up to that age yr gonna be in better shape than some fool livin fast and turning 30.
me, i didnt even start gear til i was 40, went from. sorry. i was 39. went from 185 to 235 by 44. stayed around 220 from 42 to 46, then said fuck it, i like biking and hiking and not having knee tendonitis and eating 3800 cals a day.
now 210 is fine, keep my test level avg mid-high 600 range and stay 25 lb heavier than my former set point.

have you made any significant gains in stage weight in say 5 years? Someone with your experience in the gym and with PED's i just dont think there is any way to make new gains.
I am 40 and DEF not gonna EVER reach the size i had at prime when i was 30 yr old. impossible. Kevin Lovrone couldnt do it:lightbulb:
-F2S

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave