over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Air Force Quick-Ship/Bodybuilding Friendly Jobs Pt.2

goloco

Registered
Swore in yesterday, the 17th for Air Force Active duty. Listed Fire Protection, contracting, NDI, broadcast journalist, Logistics plans as my 5 desired jobs on my contract(my recruiter suggested contracting, ndi, logistic plans). The following day (today) was my first day DEP meeting, just found out about quick ship option. My concern is listing the worst jobs as exceptions not to take. As stated in a forum months before, I’m looking for bodybuilding friendly jobs. The first job I thought about putting on the exception list was Security Forces….

Any input/advice is greatly appreciated!

Enthusiastically,
Soon to be, Airman 1st Class Gonzalez

Attachments

• QuickSHip.jpg
    QuickSHip.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 700
Pretty sure contracting in the AF is the typical office job unless you deploy. I do it for the Army as a Government employee and I'm able to get all my meals at my desk everyday.

I also heard that job, has a pretty fucking high income on the civilian side. Thats why I put it as my #2

Pretty sure contracting in the AF is the typical office job unless you deploy. I do it for the Army as a Government employee and I'm able to get all my meals at my desk everyday.

Also, I dont care at all about being deployed, Air Force has the best quality of life and I can adapt fairly well to environments, having a big smile on my face minute to minute, day to day:D

go contracting you can make bank when you get out...

dont take the easy road go be a bad ass and do EOD, !!!TACP!!! or be a engineer CE dont get stuck behind a desk thats gay!!!! go earn your pay test ur self you will hate your self for not trying

I work in contracting, although I am on the civilian side in the DoD. Have a fridge in my office, can eat all my meals, have locks on my desk drawers and keep protein powder, nut butters, almonds, EAA powder, a food scale...just about everything I may need if I am in a pinch.

With contracts, you'll have to take classes to get DAWIA certified and know the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DFARS and branch specific regulation. Although there are periods where the stress level can get high, for the most part you can control it and it depends on where you work and how your supervisor works with you and the rest of the organization.

If you have any contracting specific questions, feel free to PM me.

I can totally respect that viewpoint.

What is engineer CE? civil engineering?

But I dont want to leave the choice up to someone else (the government) what they define as hardcore/liberating. I dont have a passion for killing people or destroying things. But if it has to be done, Im guna do what I have to fucking do.

What I feel is liberating/hardcore is pushing my physique to the limit with strict dieting and balls to the wall training. I also would like get onto the military's world class athlete program, there are a few sports I have in mind. Its always better to aim high and miss, rather than aim too low and hit.

go contracting you can make bank when you get out...

dont take the easy road go be a bad ass and do EOD, !!!TACP!!! or be a engineer CE dont get stuck behind a desk thats gay!!!! go earn your pay test ur self you will hate your self for not trying

Wow! I dont think I have any questions. Thanks, it sounds good enough for me to just go after it, haha. Now I just know how much more fortunate Ill be if I land that job in the AF.

I work in contracting, although I am on the civilian side in the DoD. Have a fridge in my office, can eat all my meals, have locks on my desk drawers and keep protein powder, nut butters, almonds, EAA powder, a food scale...just about everything I may need if I am in a pinch.

With contracts, you'll have to take classes to get DAWIA certified and know the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DFARS and branch specific regulation. Although there are periods where the stress level can get high, for the most part you can control it and it depends on where you work and how your supervisor works with you and the rest of the organization.

Wow! I dont think I have any questions. Thanks, it sounds good enough for me to just go after it, haha. Now I just know how much more fortunate Ill be if I land that job in the AF.

Yeah, good luck and if you do get it, hit me up. I got into this position right after college and have done quite well with it. If you have decent business acumen, are attentive to detail and people skills, you'll do great. Hell, they are paying for my masters (and the AF likely will as well if you go the contracting route) so I can't complain.

The AF is a great way of life. To fit your needs of bodybuilding you would want a desk job, so the jobs you have listed will do fine. CES (Civil Engineering Squadron) takes care of the base for all types of maintenance and construction, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, etc. I would probably stay away from Security Forces, long days/nights, under manned, always deployed etc. The good thing about our military branches is that you are serving your country and the benefits you receive while in and after if you retire. Just my 2 cents. :)

Army is much better;) you dont get pampered as much as the pretty air force folk BUT we are the only ones that gaurentee 100% of our jobs before you enlist.... so at least you will know what ya do unlike the majority of jobs in the AF

Perfectly stated!

I can totally respect that viewpoint.

What is engineer CE? civil engineering?

But I dont want to leave the choice up to someone else (the government) what they define as hardcore/liberating. I dont have a passion for killing people or destroying things. But if it has to be done, Im guna do what I have to fucking do.

What I feel is liberating/hardcore is pushing my physique to the limit with strict dieting and balls to the wall training. I also would like get onto the military's world class athlete program, there are a few sports I have in mind. Its always better to aim high and miss, rather than aim too low and hit.

YUP CE second to none! i was CE loved it everybody looked like punks next to people in a ce squadron! I had a fat ass ribbon rack 3 rows and 2 on top in only 4 years.. i looked at people that been in for 10-20 yrs with like 2 rows and wonder what the hell they did

TRUST ME you will love that shit its fun i was like you and wanted a chill job but thank god that didn't happen once you do some dope ass shit you will be in love with the adrenaline!!! i never thought it but id rather be at war with my buds then anything else feels like home to me

Last edited:
If you are considering the military for a career you need to seriously rethink choosing a service and occupation which seems optimal for bodybuilding right now. A lot of those pogue jobs have no upward mobility once you make E5 and believe me, you do not want to spend years living in the barracks waiting for E6 or feeling pressured to marry to get BAH.

I am Army EOD. I made E6 in four years. I make ~$1200 more/mo due to special pays relative to other soldiers my rank. I know EOD guys in the AF who I went to school with who still haven't made E6.

Higher rank and money give you a tremendous advantage when it comes to bodybuilding. I have been allowed to do PT on my own for years and these days I typically take two hour lunches and hit the gym. When it is time for my meals I get out my food and eat. No one says shit because I am a team leader and as long as my guys are squared away it is not a problem. Try doing that as a supply or logistics clerk with an XO breathing down your neck and making you do most of his work in addition to your regular duties.

Also, not all poques are shitbags, but most shitbags are pogues. Non-combat MOS's are filled with lazy fucks who just want to collect their paycheck and do as little work as possible. These are the guys you will be working with. I have worked with special forces and even the super cool guys from other outfits and while most of them are just built like normal athletic dudes, the ones who wanted to be jacked were fucking jacked. If you have the motivation, no job in the military is really going to stop from reaching your goals.

Also, the DoD budget cuts and sequestration are no joke. Thinking that all of these non-combat positions and their civilian counterparts will still be around - or paying well - 5 years from now may not be the safest assumption.

Just my two cents, best of luck whatever you decide.

If you are considering the military for a career you need to seriously rethink choosing a service and occupation which seems optimal for bodybuilding right now. A lot of those pogue jobs have no upward mobility once you make E5 and believe me, you do not want to spend years living in the barracks waiting for E6 or feeling pressured to marry to get BAH.

I am Army EOD. I made E6 in four years. I make ~$1200 more/mo due to special pays relative to other soldiers my rank. I know EOD guys in the AF who I went to school with who still haven't made E6.

Higher rank and money give you a tremendous advantage when it comes to bodybuilding. I have been allowed to do PT on my own for years and these days I typically take two hour lunches and hit the gym. When it is time for my meals I get out my food and eat. No one says shit because I am a team leader and as long as my guys are squared away it is not a problem. Try doing that as a supply or logistics clerk with an XO breathing down your neck and making you do most of his work in addition to your regular duties.

Also, not all poques are shitbags, but most shitbags are pogues. Non-combat MOS's are filled with lazy fucks who just want to collect their paycheck and do as little work as possible. These are the guys you will be working with. I have worked with special forces and even the super cool guys from other outfits and while most of them are just built like normal athletic dudes, the ones who wanted to be jacked were fucking jacked. If you have the motivation, no job in the military is really going to stop from reaching your goals.

Also, the DoD budget cuts and sequestration are no joke. Thinking that all of these non-combat positions and their civilian counterparts will still be around - or paying well - 5 years from now may not be the safest assumption.

Just my two cents, best of luck whatever you decide.

So true brother! My buddy joined 10 years back(one of the reasons I enlisted) and he chose Water Purification. He wanted the easiest chill job so he could train and eat his food.... he about shot himself he hated the people so much. He reenlisted and changed his job to infantry and loves it to this day. He about 5'11 and ripped 210 year around and trains everyday and gets his meals:)

Thanks for all the input/advice guys!

Have just been processing all the info/advice Ive been receiving these couple of days. Im still pretty sold on doing this quick-ship list.
I think Ive just about completed my exception list of jobs I dont want:

services
security forces
ALL Mechanical aptitude jobs
surgical service
pest management

I should be shipping out this Tuesday, I turned in the sheet with those job exceptions I listed.

Recruiter was shocked that it only took 2 weeks for me to book a job. Supposedly, other people have been waiting months...

I booked knowledge operations management which would have me shipout in January. He advised me to stick with it based on my preferential lifestyle, but Im still adamant on staying on the quick-ship option.

Basically quick-ship, allows me to be an alternate for someone who was not ready, refused or ineligible to shipout at their scheduled time. Originally, I was an alternate for ALL of the 64 recruiter locations within our recruiting Squadron, but now since I booked a job for January, I can only be an alternate for 6 recruiter locations.

NOTE: Based on HOW I described my juvenile record charge, I do not have top security clearance and am ineligible for Security Forces; and unfortunately EOD, which I became interested in doing.

Thanks again everybody for your advice/input!

What is Ops Management?, is this part of CE? EOD, that has like a 90% washout rate.

Knowledge Ops is under Administrative field/ desk job...

**broken link removed**

Im not too worry about a washout rate for anything I REALLY want to do.

Better to fail at something I want to do, than living miserable regretting something I should have AT LEAST tried to take a risk for, ya know

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws