over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Albany Georgia

method2madness

Registered
I'm moving to the Albany Georgia area in the next few weeks and I'm looking for a good hardcore place to train. It's not a major metropolitan area like Atlanta or Savannah But I'm hoping some of you guys might know some places. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I'm moving to the Albany Georgia area in the next few weeks and I'm looking for a good hardcore place to train. It's not a major metropolitan area like Atlanta or Savannah But I'm hoping some of you guys might know some places. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Albany, GA blows! Did you lose a bet or something? LoL

I live in Atl and couldn’t imagine living in Albany but I know you have a great opportunity there.

Tony’s gym used to be a good hardcore gym, but I don’t know if it’s still around or if it’s gone the mainstream fitness route.

Lol man that’s the boonies. I went to a wedding there years ago because my boy married a girl who grew up there. No joke they got married on a plantation. The post game was at the one bar in town called the High Moon or some shit. Good luck dude…

Lol man that’s the boonies. I went to a wedding there years ago because my boy married a girl who grew up there. No joke they got married on a plantation. The post game was at the one bar in town called the High Moon or some shit. Good luck dude…
Id rather live there than the big city of Atlanta! More my speed, and the cost of living is affordable. Sounds like a nice place to me.

Id rather live there than the big city of Atlanta! More my speed, and the cost of living is affordable. Sounds like a nice place to me.
Ehhh yeah I’d rather be somewhere in between. This was ten years ago but there was legit nothing going on there. I don’t know what it’s like these days.

Ehhh yeah I’d rather be somewhere in between. This was ten years ago but there was legit nothing going on there. I don’t know what it’s like these days.
I'm a suburb guy too, but if faced between living in a big city or the country, I'd take the country.

I've trained at Tony's many times (it's called Tony's Fitness Group on Google maps) a few years back now (6 yr ago or so) and it was the place to train from what I understood. (There was one other gym that I went to a couple other times, but haven't a clue as to that one and Tony's was the main place in town, really.)

Could be things have changed, of course, but that's wear I'd head if I were passing through.

-S

Been here for two weeks and loving it! Tony's is Awesome! Easily in the top ten gyms I've trained at in the past 33 years.

Been here for two weeks and loving it! Tony's is Awesome! Easily in the top ten gyms I've trained at in the past 33 years.

Good to hear you are loving it. Best of luck.

Tony’s is your top bet in Albany. Not sure if it’s still open after COVID, but American Bodyworks used to be down there as well.

I have been in GA all my life and around Canton area now. The larger gyms like One Life fitness, Esportia/La Fitness, and Lifetime are slowly working their way out into the outside cities. But sometimes you can’t beat a a local old school gym like Tony’s.

Tony's is a good place. Couple good competitors have come from there. I believe Pete Williams trained there and he won GA State a few years back.

Yeah, it's definitely old school and non corporate. Tony himself is a good guy and some high quality competitors have come from there. THe place has such a variety of equipment that I'm like a kid in a candy store! The teaching job is going real well to, some of the kids have found my competition pictures online and started calling me Mr. Olympia:)(y) I'll take it.

Yeah, it's definitely old school and non corporate. Tony himself is a good guy and some high quality competitors have come from there. THe place has such a variety of equipment that I'm like a kid in a candy store! The teaching job is going real well to, some of the kids have found my competition pictures online and started calling me Mr. Olympia:)(y) I'll take it.
I hope you were able to get credit for most of your years of teaching so that youre on the same level of the step increase scale. I know a lot of schools only let you count so many years. Its great that it is going well for you.

I got credit for all 17 years, but the pay is much lower down here. I don't think it will be a problem what with cost of living as a whole being so much less expensive. And we bought a house down here with cash from the sale of our place in jersey, so no mortgage. We'll see how it plays out. Take care brother and keep that heart pumping for the wife and kids!

@method2madness Congratulations on your new job and move. I grew up in a small rural town just outside of ATL, but I graduated from Georgia Southern University in Stateboro, GA. I'm living in Chattanooga TN... there are times I miss living in South GA. Savannah, Hilton Head, Brunswick are awesome! We've been hoping to stay with friends in St Mary's so we can visit Jekyll Island. I love Chattanooga, but I miss living so close to the coast.

@method2madness Congratulations on your new job and move. I grew up in a small rural town just outside of ATL, but I graduated from Georgia Southern University in Stateboro, GA. I'm living in Chattanooga TN... there are times I miss living in South GA. Savannah, Hilton Head, Brunswick are awesome! We've been hoping to stay with friends in St Mary's so we can visit Jekyll Island. I love Chattanooga, but I miss living so close to the coast.
How is the cost of living in Chattanooga? It probably isnt too bad?

How is the cost of living in Chattanooga? It probably isnt too bad?

It's pretty low especially if you compare it to Atlanta or Nashville. I saw an article that ATL has the highest rent in the South and rent growth is the highest in the Nation. Houses and rent are really crazy right now no matter where you live. Chattanooga is a sellers market if you have a house for sale; not good for buyers. TN has no income taxes, so it's been in the top 10 states people are moving too. We have the fastest internet in the Nation, so there have been a lot of tech companies move here and tech start ups. Because of I75 and I24 (to Nashville), we've a bunch of logistic and transportation start-ups which means the job market is booming and wages are going up.

In 2005, I was looking for a job to move out of the small town I was living in and I knew I didn't want to move back to ATL. I was thinking about something on the coast, Savannah, Florida, Gulf Coast, etc, but I started dating my husband. He lived in Chattanooga and start showing me around and I love it. Lots of things to do and the Tennessee River is beautiful. I decided to move here. It makes me nervous that so many people are moving here. I don't want be in traffic like ATL. I don't even like going there any more. Thankfully, my family live outside of ATL. IMO, the only downside is that it's too far from the ocean. It's hard for us to take a week off for a beach vacation.

ATL is much more expensive that Chattanooga or Huntsville. I sold my house and I'm living in a one bedroom apt that is nice but I am now paying $1700 a month.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear