over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alcohol: How often do you drink?

How often do you drink alcohol?

• Total voters
I usually drink 1-2 night a week. Last December it turned into every day, 4-6 drinks (only 2 big cups :)) Christmas was my last drink and I downloaded the "sober time" app. It counts your time sober. I did not drink on NYE, first time in 20 years. I went 30 days. The goal was to reestablish a new, healthier relationship with my booze and I have now done that. Since then, I`ll go 30 days then drink every other day for a week and then another 30 days.

I encourage people to get the free app. When you look and see you can`t go more than 2 days without a drink it is eye opening. You can tell yourself "oh its red wine its healthy" or "oh its only 2 beers". Fact is you have become dependent on a substance not natural to the body. I am dependent on my TRT, but my body needs that.

I do when ever I want. Never on weekdays though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'd imagine I'm in good company here, but I'm an alcoholic / addict and none of the answers in the poll really sum up my habits. Twice been to rehab. Stayed sober/clean for 6 years at one point. I have done three bodybuilding shows. Each was preceded by a fairly long period of abstinence. I relapsed on drugs and alcohol after each of them. When I'm in a good training regiment, I don't drink, period. When I begin drinking-- training / the whole lifestyle gets tossed out the window and I'm drunk or hungover 24/7. Currently sober again, thank god. No judgement to those who do drink or use other substances. I personally can't manage it. I will say this, from some experience coaching others in powerlifting and bodybuilding. There's no simple equation, but alcohol and drug use will quickly begin cutting into your ability to reach your goals at the gym. I also tend to notice those who drink have more difficulty maintaining a strict diet. I think having a drink or two every weekend isn't going to cause any issues for most... but I feel like you have to scale your expectations with how much / often you drink etc...

I was having a glass or two most nights before bed, but with my heart failure it caused me to start having ventricular tachycardia. Bad enough that I had to go to the hospital ER and be defibrillated to get back in normal sinus rhythm. Looks like my alcohol days are over.

This is a good demonstration of how alcohol is bad for the heart. Even with a normal healthy heart, drinking increases your resting heart rate and can cause PVCs and other abnormalities. Of course the more you drink the worse it gets.

This really sucks for me because we are taking a family trip to Italy this summer and I wont be able to have wine there.

If you are curious about how alcohol affects your heart rate, take your rate before you drink and record that. Then after you are done drinking, take your heart rate again a few times the next few hours after you are done drinking. You might even feel a few beats that are not regular, like you skipped a beat.

Last edited:
I was having a glass or two most nights before bed, but with my heart failure it caused me to start having ventricular tachycardia. Bad enough that I had to go to the hospital ER and be defibrillated to get back in normal sinus rhythm. Looks like my alcohol days are over.

This is a good demonstration of how alcohol is bad for the heart. Even with a normal healthy heart, drinking increases your resting heart rate and can cause PVCs and other abnormalities. Of course the more you drink the worse it gets.

This really sucks for me because we are taking a family trip to Italy this summer and I wont be able to have wine there.

If you are curious about how alcohol affects your heart rate, take your rate before you drink and record that. Then after you are done drinking, take your heart rate again a few times the next few hours after you are done drinking. You might even feel a few beats that are not regular, like you skipped a beat.

That sucks man, sorry to hear.

I agree that people don't realize how bad alcohol is. Wasted calories, bad for the liver, a cause of cancer, a cause of cardiomyopathy, etc.

Everybody's quick to point their finger at others' vices but nobody realizes the biggest vice in our country - the one most finger pointers enjoy - is one of the most deadly.

To be honest on my first 2 cycles I party'd it up and drank a lot, estrogen control was a bitch but on my bloods both my liver enzymes and all that came out perfect only thing that kind of got butchered was my H1bAC levels... I believe thats what it is called. Insulin sensitivity goes to shit, so now its all FUCK ALCOHOL unless on a vacation or something, then its a go, but ill be running super low dose trt then.

back when i was in my early 20s i would cycle and drink as much as anyone else i was with.

i'm 33 now and in the past 5 years or so ive dated girls that don't drink or who are out of the party scene, i drink maybe once a month now and i can't even tell you the last time i was actually drunk, i like really hoppy IPA's and i go to local breweries and will drink 1-2 10%+ ABV beers and i'm good. i don't see reasons to drink or be drunk anymore, but i'm also not living the single life, partying, trying to meet someone, etc - that was the only reason i ever drank before.

Mostly cabernet or pinot 2 glasses a night 5 nights a week after dinner while answering emails.

I have a nice collection of wine and I like to try new ones out. If i am trying to cut down on calories i dont drink.

Just got back from Nashville.
3 Days at the Ultimate Block Party....
Time to Detox !!!

Sadly I got drunk for a solid 10+ years, not realizing how much of a problem it was. When I eventually got into training it helped me cut back. It took a few years and a DUI to start gaining more control. 4 years ago is when I really started cutting it down. I’m proud to say I was drunk maybe 1 time the entirety of 2018. My will is strong enough now that I can have a few here and there without making it a weekly habit. I don’t like the way it changes people when they have too much. I’ve seen and been in too many bad situations that were fueled by alcohol. Sometimes it’s just small things people say and do. Sometimes it’s much worse. I’m uncomfortable being around people who are that intoxicated. Same goes for other harder substances, I don’t touch them or like being around people who use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not interested in alcohol. Although, to be honest, I have a slightly different kind of addiction. I mean sports betting. This kind of applies to gambling, right? But I like it and I already managed to win quite a lot of money. It is not difficult, the main thing here is to find a reliable bookmaker. For example, I use this bookmaker http://betyetu.info.ke. In my opinion this is a good option, moreover, it is beneficial.
Everyone of your post is twisted into how you love gambling. I'll be sure to click on all the links you post.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

For the past 18 months I've struggled with some intense social anxiety so whenever I have to go to a work party, a family event, or whenever I hook up with my FWB, I always get a buzz on to take the edge off. Which means usually a couple nights a week.

For the past 18 months I've struggled with some intense social anxiety so whenever I have to go to a work party, a family event, or whenever I hook up with my FWB, I always get a buzz on to take the edge off. Which means usually a couple nights a week.
Yeah that's me also

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I drink dry red wine every day on or off. In fact, I cut down to about a half a glass of wine per day pre-contest. Sometimes less.:eek::eek::eek:

I know, I know. Alcohol and bodybuilding don't mix. But I have wine rack that holds 48 bottles. And it's right there and always stocked. It's the devil that makes me do it. I'm doomed.:(

Yup. And mine is full of Super Tuscans and Grange's, so yup.. the devil makes me do it :star-:ars:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131