over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alcohol metabolisim , fat loss ect

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Does anyone have any good information or reference links I can use to explain how the body processes alcohol and how it can be detrimental to fat loss.
The company my wife works for has asked her to do a little weekly addition to their news letter in reference to health and nutrition.
We are just trying to find a way to dumb it down and make it an easy to understand as possible.

Well basically, ETOH is almost impossible to be stored as fat. BUT...it uses the Krebs cycle and it be chosen first as it’s toxic.

Sooo...all that Taco Bell and Waffle House will be stored until all ETOH is burned off.

If you had the willpower, you could drink spirits with diet soda and stick to just protein and stay lean.

But who the hell wants to do that? I need tacos with my beer

The only negative I see is
1. Its a poison and puts stress on the liver, not good if your already a roid junky 😆
2. It gets preference in metabolism which depending on calories can lead to extra fat storage. (Possibly)

Completely anecdotal.... ZERO SCIENCE. But, I drink quite a bit of alcohol (beer). And I am pretty lean year round. I try to limit carbs (in a general sense), and I do not eat sweets. My theory is, you have to pick your poison. My choice is alcohol. But since I do that, that means no snickers, donuts, pasta, bread, soda etc. That being said, I do think that alcohol is not processed the same as normal carbs, fat etc. I honestly think I could get pretty shredded and still drink quite a bit. Why? I have no idea...like I said this is not based on science. But, I have gotten very lean without reducing my alcohol intake. Is it good for me? HELL NO. Please don't think I am saying this is a good thing. I liken it smoking or drug use...def not GOOD for you. But as far as body composition, somehow (despite the calories) is not overly detrimental. NOTE: I do not consume drinks like margaritas, pina coladas, mai tais etc. Just a beer guy basically...and some wine on occasion. So no sugary mixers.

Now looking back on your question. The answer is NO, I don't have any links. Just wanted to share from my perspective.

Completely anecdotal.... ZERO SCIENCE. But, I drink quite a bit of alcohol (beer). And I am pretty lean year round. I try to limit carbs (in a general sense), and I do not eat sweets. My theory is, you have to pick your poison. My choice is alcohol. But since I do that, that means no snickers, donuts, pasta, bread, soda etc. That being said, I do think that alcohol is not processed the same as normal carbs, fat etc. I honestly think I could get pretty shredded and still drink quite a bit. Why? I have no idea...like I said this is not based on science. But, I have gotten very lean without reducing my alcohol intake. Is it good for me? HELL NO. Please don't think I am saying this is a good thing. I liken it smoking or drug use...def not GOOD for you. But as far as body composition, somehow (despite the calories) is not overly detrimental. NOTE: I do not consume drinks like margaritas, pina coladas, mai tais etc. Just a beer guy basically...and some wine on occasion. So no sugary mixers.

Now looking back on your question. The answer is NO, I don't have any links. Just wanted to share from my perspective.

Same way... Were exceptions to the norm.

Alan Aragon did a good write up on it on t-nation a few years ago

I always look stage ready after A Good night of Consumption!
Dries you Out and has less Calories than if i was Eating!
Drank 18 beers a day from 30-40 and Weighed 202 pds..
Now I'm 252

i drink 10x distilled vodka with a zero cal diet sprite but like the previous poster said, i limit carbs and no junk foods and i stay lean all year round. Its not for everyone though

Like some of the other posters mentioned- I can get away with drinking *a few* (key words there) rye and diet cokes a week.

I dont go making a habit out of it but I can get away with it here and there.

i drink 10x distilled vodka with a zero cal diet sprite but like the previous poster said, i limit carbs and no junk foods and i stay lean all year round. Its not for everyone though
How many times a week? Even in low amounts of alcohol in moderation, I notice slight estrogenic effects . Could be delusional though, lol. I stick to my diet and cardio year round and my preferred is gin so idk

I kill have a 750 of tequila nightly and stay lean but I drink it on the rocks, and couple it with a super clean diet.

One thing that helps me is to bring a chicken breast and veggies when I go out. When I hit that point where your tipsy for a while, then start to get a little sleepy, that’s when I get fucking hungry. If I have a big ass hunk of meat in my car to eat, I can fend off Taco Bell. Then go to BED!

if I don’t, all hell breaks loose and I’ll eat a chicken quesadilla, a 5 layer burrito, a cheesy Gordita crunch and those cinnamon twists. Lol 2,000 calories of shit

Depends how much stress and depression are related to your drinking!

For instance, I recently acquired a new boss at work that is flat out dangerous and my anxiety is pegged! I don't need to work but I love my job so I stick around.

But, I have been drinking around 6 glasses of scotch a night since the beginning of January and have skipped a few workouts per week...also have been living on the edge of panic attacks.

I have lost quiet a bit of fat over this bullshit....so, it can actually help body composition if you handle anxiety as poorly as I have lol

Drinking alcohol serves zero benefit people that think a glass of wine has benefits are beyond stupid because grapes have resveratrol a glass doesn’t provide anywhere near the amount you’d need

and majority that do drink hide the fact they are Alcoholics that glas of wine will turn into 1-2 bottles a night

Coffee is what’s productive and allows you to have energy and alertness to be productive unlike alcohol

both being addictive
One provides many benefits
The other provides zero benefits.

I know an alcoholic that is probably around 10% bodyfat or a bit less all year long. He lifts some, but is mostly a runner. He runs more than an hour each day if I remember right. His drink of choice is vodka. He just made sure that his total daily calories were low enough to stay lean. He looked great and seemed physically fit. You'd never guess he drank so much.

I know an alcoholic that is probably around 10% bodyfat or a bit less all year long. He lifts some, but is mostly a runner. He runs more than an hour each day if I remember right. His drink of choice is vodka. He just made sure that his total daily calories were low enough to stay lean. He looked great and seemed physically fit. You'd never guess he drank so much.
Vodka has about of low a calorie count per shot as you can get. So it is a better choice for staying leaner but probably not a good choice for most people to stay lean.

One thing that helps me is to bring a chicken breast and veggies when I go out. When I hit that point where your tipsy for a while, then start to get a little sleepy, that’s when I get fucking hungry. If I have a big ass hunk of meat in my car to eat, I can fend off Taco Bell. Then go to BED!

if I don’t, all hell breaks loose and I’ll eat a chicken quesadilla, a 5 layer burrito, a cheesy Gordita crunch and those cinnamon twists. Lol 2,000 calories of shit
Trying to get enough protein while drunk/high at a fast food or regular restaurant is just asking for trouble

"Let me get 10 tacos, a nacho supreme, a mountain dew baja blast.."

"Let me get 5 cheeseburgers, a 20 piece nugget, a curly fry, and a milkshake"

Etc

😂

I kill have a 750 of tequila nightly and stay lean but I drink it on the rocks, and couple it with a super clean diet.
Every day, for any kind of intoxicating substance, no matter how healthy, is too much in my opinion

Just for your own quality of life, mental health, well being, psychology, etc

I think you'll enjoy yourself more if you limit that

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member