over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alcohol Wipe RECALL - BACTERIA RIDDEN

homonunculus

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
News story: FDA knew of problems at plant that made tainted wipes - Health - Infectious diseases - msnbc.com

FDA RECALL : **broken link removed**

---------------------

Recall -- Firm Press Release

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

Triad Group Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Lots of Alcohol Prep Pads, Alcohol Swabs, and Alcohol Swabsticks Due to Potential Microbial Contamination

Eric Haertle, COO
262-538-2900

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - January 5, 2011 - Hartland, Wisconsin, Triad Group, a manufacturer of over-the-counter products has initiated a voluntary product recall involving ALL LOTS of ALCOHOL PREP PADS, ALCOHOL SWABS, and ALCOHOL SWABSTICKS manufactured by Triad Group but which are private labeled for many accounts to the consumer level. This recall involves those products marked as STERILE as well as non-sterile products. This recall has been initiated due to concerns from a customer about potential contamination of the products with an objectionable organism, namely Bacillus cereus. We are, out of an abundance of caution, recalling these lots to ensure that we are not the source of these contamination issues.

Use of contaminated Alcohol Prep Pads, Alcohol Swabs or Alcohol Swabsticks could lead to life-threatening infections, especially in at risk populations, including immune suppressed and surgical patients. To date we have received one report of a non-life-threatening skin infection.

Alcohol Prep Pads, Alcohol Swabs and Alcohol Swabsticks are used to disinfect prior to an injection. They were distributed nationwide to retail pharmacies and are packaged in individual packets and sold in retail pharmacies in a box of 100 packets. The affected Alcohol Prep Pads, Alcohol Swabs and Alcohol Swabsticks can be identified by either “Triad Group,” listed as the manufacturer, or the products are manufactured for a third party and use the names listed below in their packaging:
Cardinal Health
PSS Select
VersaPro
Boca/ Ultilet
Moore Medical
Walgreens
CVS
Conzellin

These products were distributed in the United States, Canada and Europe.

Specific customers distributing the product and selling it at the wholesale, hospital and retail pharmacy level have been notified by certified mail with instructions on how to return the product. If a consumer has any of these types of products in their possession listing “Triad Group” as the manufacturer, they should not use the product and should return it to the place it was purchased for a full refund or call Triad Group Customer Service Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Central Time: 262.538.2900.

DO NOT RETURN THE PRODUCT ON YOUR OWN, simply call the Triad Group Customer Service listed below and we will issue you a return authorization number and make all return arrangements.

Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.

* Online:**broken link removed**
* Regular Mail: use postage-paid, pre-addressed Form FDA 3500 available at: **broken link removed** Mail to address on the pre-addressed form.
* Fax: 1-800-FDA-0178

This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration.

###

RSS Feed for FDA Recalls Information11 [what's this?12]
Links on this page:

1. /default.htm
2. /Safety/default.htm
3. /Safety/Recalls/default.htm
4. /Safety/Recalls/default.htm
5. /Safety/Recalls/ArchiveRecalls/default.htm
6. /Safety/Recalls/EnforcementReports/default.htm
7. /Safety/Recalls/IndustryGuidance/default.htm
8. /Safety/Recalls/MajorProductRecalls/default.htm
9. http://www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm
10. Download Forms
11. /AboutFDA/ContactFDA/StayInformed/RSSFeeds/Recalls/rss.xml
12. /AboutFDA/ContactFDA/StayInformed/RSSFeeds/default.htm

Page Last Updated: 01/06/2011

-------------------------------

-Scott

some of those swabs are ones I had already used lol. The cashier told me it seems you recently purchased xxxxxx swabs, those have been recalled you can bring them back for a full refund. I look at her and was like, I already used them all up! lol/:mad:

some of those swabs are ones I had already used lol. The cashier told me it seems you recently purchased xxxxxx swabs, those have been recalled you can bring them back for a full refund. I look at her and was like, I already used them all up! lol/:mad:

that sux but sounds like you didn't get an infection, I just checked the brand of mine to make sure I'm in the clear and am :D

Thanks a lot for the heads up.This is some screwed up stuff, you can get an infection with the article you use to prevent infections,lol. Oh well this whole world is infectious. Blessings. Minister.

ah fuck the ones from GPZ are from the Triad group...

ah fuck the ones from GPZ are from the Triad group...

AH shit i use the walgreens ones...

I just got the GPZ pads on monday, its "member's mark"

thanks for the info, ive already used over half of my box from cvs :eek:

guess ill be throwing the rest away

thanks for the info, ive already used over half of my box from cvs :eek:

guess ill be throwing the rest away

ive used a bunch of the bad ones too...no problems but i just ordered ones from a different supplier

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear