over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aldactone + Women

Chipper Jones78

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Hi Folks;

I'll post this in the female section as well, although I am hoping for guys to provide feedback as well.

How bad/safe is it for my wife to take Aldactone for about two weeks straight @ only 25mg a day??

This is not for comepettion reasons or anything remotley close to that. She trains with me and eats well and all that other good stuff. She is in good shape and quite fit.

We will be going to DR in about 8 weeks and every time we go away, she starts to retain water from the heat and you can really notice it on her after the 2nd day + throw in the salt of the food there = retaining water.

We went to Sandals Antigau last year for 2 weeks, she was in the best shape, she gained about 7-8 lbs in two weeks. She was getting little moon face like on a cycle :eek:

Anyhow, thoughts?

She used danlion as well, really does not do much.

aldactone is pretty safe. It is not really a diuretic in the strict sense....
It blunts the production of ADH, and also blocks androgen receptors. Sometime doc prescribe it for women to slow facial hair growth... Not a strong compound…
As long as she consuming plenty of water she'll be fine.

My wife had a plastic surgeon prescribe it to her to control acne. If used long term it has anti androgen effects. So it did very well in reducing her acne, but it also puts her sex drive in the toilet. I get pissed now when she takes it because I know in a few weeks she will have zero desire. She was taking 25mg 2x a day.

Also if your woman works out and has any desire to grow muscle I think this compound is a waste. I have heard of some women using it in a cycle to reduce androgen effects but even when my wife was on var 10mg a day it removed her sex drive. And her sex drive was high and awesome on var.

If you are only using it a short period of time then it does a good job at removing water.

aldactone is pretty safe. It is not really a diuretic in the strict sense....
It blunts the production of ADH, and also blocks androgen receptors. Sometime doc prescribe it for women to slow facial hair growth... Not a strong compound…
As long as she consuming plenty of water she'll be fine.

Thanks for your response, KH.

Chip

My wife had a plastic surgeon prescribe it to her to control acne. If used long term it has anti androgen effects. So it did very well in reducing her acne, but it also puts her sex drive in the toilet. I get pissed now when she takes it because I know in a few weeks she will have zero desire. She was taking 25mg 2x a day.

Also if your woman works out and has any desire to grow muscle I think this compound is a waste. I have heard of some women using it in a cycle to reduce androgen effects but even when my wife was on var 10mg a day it removed her sex drive. And her sex drive was high and awesome on var.

If you are only using it a short period of time then it does a good job at removing water.

Really, at a dose of 10mg of var, the aldactone through her sex drive in the toliet? wow. Yes, she does train and is on 2.5 mg var + clen.

Yes, she would only be using it for for 2 weeks, the 1st week we get there and the week back. She literally gains 4-7 pounds in one week while even eating clean.

Thanks for your feedback

Like i said if it is only a couple weeks i think you will be ok. Last time my wife started it she didnt tell me and we went from best sex ever 4-5 times a week to she didnt even care to have it any more. I asked her if she started the aldactone again and she said yes about three weeks ago. It did wonders for her acne. She got bad acne from var.

Appearently, she wanted clear skin more than sex!! I hate not being first!!

I would use it at the end of the trip to clear thing up quicker. We both just used some at the end of our vacation. We got bloated as hell just eating a few days worth of normal population food. We took 25mg 2x a day for a couple days and we were both back to normal.

Last edited:
Chipper, I hear you on the vacation bloat problem. It happens to and the wife as well. Also, the aldac will indeed reduce libido.

When the wife and I are on vacation I always make sure we have lasix for this reason. 10-29mg/day goes along way to help with this. Make sure you drink plenty of water and maybe add some potassium/bananas etc.
the lasix will keep you dry and tight so you continue looking good on the beach. Keep it in there until you clean upo the diet and sweat out the garbage. Just be smart about it...

Chipper, I hear you on the vacation bloat problem. It happens to and the wife as well. Also, the aldac will indeed reduce libido.

When the wife and I are on vacation I always make sure we have lasix for this reason. 10-29mg/day goes along way to help with this. Make sure you drink plenty of water and maybe add some potassium/bananas etc.
the lasix will keep you dry and tight so you continue looking good on the beach. Keep it in there until you clean upo the diet and sweat out the garbage. Just be smart about it...[/QUOTE]

I hear on this KH - I was considering a very small amount of lasix, for both of us, my concern here, where you say "be smart about it" we going to have some drinks, not going to lie.

shots, beer, wine so forth. It vacation after all, right :D

Not a good idea for me to have lasix + alcohol

Thanks for your response.

Thanks man.

Last edited:

the lasix will keep you dry and tight so you continue looking good on the beach. Keep it in there until you clean upo the diet and sweat out the garbage. Just be smart about it...[/QUOTE]

I hear on this KH - I was considering a very small amount of lasix, for both of us, my concern here, where you say "be smart about it" we going to have some drinks, not going to lie.

shots, beer, wine so forth. It vacation after all, right :D

Not a good idea for me to have lasix + alcohol

Thanks for your response.

Thanks man.

LOL, I hear ya, and same here. We tend to drink more then our share on vacation and I have never ran into problems, no cramping or anything. We also bring our supps; vits/minerals etc. In fact I usually bring a suitcase full of bottled water. Its good for bringing back what we purchase... To be safe, include a few bottles of pedia-lite for electrolytes.
I am not saying its smart, but it can be done, just be aware that your electolytes can get messed up if you don't watch it. Especially if youre like us and like sweating in the sun on the beach in hot weather. I need a vacation..!
Hope you have a great time...

LOL, I hear ya, and same here. We tend to drink more then our share on vacation and I have never ran into problems, no cramping or anything. We also bring our supps; vits/minerals etc. In fact I usually bring a suitcase full of bottled water. Its good for bringing back what we purchase... To be safe, include a few bottles of pedia-lite for electrolytes.
I am not saying its smart, but it can be done, just be aware that your electolytes can get messed up if you don't watch it. Especially if youre like us and like sweating in the sun on the beach in hot weather. I need a vacation..!
Hope you have a great time...

Thanks for getting back to me and real good advice above right here.

Thanks pal

Chip

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear