over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

alex a back from nationals

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Hello Everyone! I will not dissapear from GetBig or the sport of bodybuilding!

I had a hell of a ride to nationals but made huge errors in the end which resulted in me looking like a mess on stage, I have recovered mentally, will learn a huge lesson and move on and forward.

Let me Explain! Some of my errors please

I made Many key errors.. Here they are When I posted my pics. 2.5 weeks out, I weighed 163lbs. I should have continued to make the adjustments in my diet necessary to walk on stage in 2.5 weeks as a welterweight looking like this.

I had made up my mind at that point I would continue to work my diet along to make it down to 154lbs to compete in a successfull weight class for me in the past, the lightweight class. This was a huge mistake. I struggled hard to make weight. I got down to 153lbs on Thursday by cutting my food out leading up to the show the last days and cut water back so much that I did not know how to properly get my weight back up. This was a big mistake, but I learned.

Key Error #2 I fucked up my tan. Or someone else did. Well, i was the talk of the show! I looked like a black man. I truly did. Actually I was darker than most black guys and it ruined me. The curtain was black behind me and on stage i blended in with the curtain, my face was painted black. I was a wreck. I was not paying attention to who was coloring me and didnt even realize this.....SOunds crazy! Shit, it was the last thing on my fucking mind! My color, i didnt even think of it to be honest.

I got so much shit that one of the judges actually said, he didnt even judge me! he said, other judges too. All they saw on stage was some weird dark colored guy! Unbelivable. I looked like hell. That along with way too much oil

The combination of too much oil, too much color made me look way smooth and couldnt see nothing on me. Unless you were standing up close to me.

Key Error #3 I let the stress get to me. My wife is the one who usually hands this for me, she calms me down, does my color etc. And tells me to eat!

I just kept losing weight it seemed like being alone in my room and in Texas, far from home, it sucked

More stress.. The hotel was gouging the shit out of everyone! $20 dollar per day parking, $160 per day + $25 per day in taxes and no fridge or microwave in the room after calling twice and them saying there was one, this was stressfull! as hell! Plus this hotel just charged the shit out of you for everything, that shouldnt stress me, but the food situation did!

And along with me not getting my weight situation in order. I was screwed. I tried to recover but...shit! It was too late.

Attachments

• IMG_4091backlat.jpg
    IMG_4091backlat.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_4147.jpg
    IMG_4147.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_4110mm.jpg
    IMG_4110mm.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_4139backbicep.jpg
    IMG_4139backbicep.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 476
This thread is going to turn positive soon!

I will go into all the positive soon. So many positives. So many cool people I met. So many people, I actually inspired to get in their personal best shape! competitors told me, some really good ones too. And I had so many other things come out of this.

I was able to recover with the color and filled up pretty nicely. I was contacted by MD for a shoot with them, which I did with 3 of the best competitors in the show. I was lucky to have this shoot with one of, if not the best photographer, who works for the biggest bodybuilding magazine in the business. Pretty good for an over sized lightweight. Plus, I have some magazine shoots, this week. Many other things came out of this too. I have to go now, but I will get back at you soon.

But I want to thank you guys! all this positive support is so cool. Winning is easy, losing sucks but life goes on. Shit, I didnt really lose much here .

Its much harder to stay ripped all year, then get into some crazy ass shape for a long time,( in the end, i screwed up,) but I did get in the best ass shape. I can do it again. I will do it again.

Like i said before, my life doesnt change, win or lose, not at all. Life is not much different, for me. Back to you soon. Alex a

I like the way u handle that bro

we all learn from our mistakes and if u're gonna be shot by MD, for sure u look good

Keep your head up brother. No matter what, you looked phenomenal. I couldn't imagine going through all that by myself without anyone there to say "Hey, things are good so quit worrying about shit and just do your thing." Hopefully your wife will be able to go with you next time and smack you around to straighten your ass out...lol. JK!

You know what you did wrong and you know how to fix it. Thats the main thing. I know a lot of boards can be extremely hard on people, but i can 100% guarantee you this board is behind you!

Like Mike state....i like the way you've handled your mishap. Please keep us updated on your progress and what your plan will be for next year.

Last edited:
Lessons learned...

I'll say that your pics have motivated me over the past month. I can relate to being VERY ready ahead of time and fuk up in the end. I'm impressed to see you keeping your chin up. It's not easy under those circumstances. I really believed that even with the color being the way it was and marking you down, I still had you at least 3rd. With good color, winning it! I learned the same lesson in which you never look at the scale. You just do what it is that you do to look your best. You compete against your last showing. Not against anyone else.
Any way, the pics from a week out tell enough for me. Probably the most grainey, shredded competitor I've ever seen. Congrats on the MD shoot. I'll be picking your brain at the Excaliber if you'll be there?

A- i was there and was very confused when you came out. i know how hard you worked bro. you have learned some things that will only make you better next time out!! i know you will keep it positive, and come back strong. next time if you need some help, i would be more than happy. your pics and attitude all along have pumped me up!! good luck in the future~

Alex,

Sorry to hear things didn't go as yuo would've liked, but anyone who can get into the shape yuo can, WILL come back and do just great.

Keep us posted and motivated, and best wishes!

Dude! I haven't been on here very long, but I've been here long enough to know that you ROCK!!! You did and awesome job preparing, and had some bad things happen at the very end. You have chosen to learn from them and move on. That's what makes you better at what you do. So, out of all of the competitors in this show, only you and three others were asked by MD to do a shoot! You have people on this board and many others talking about you. You are really an inspiration of how far you can push the human body and mind.

GREAT JOB!!!!​

regardless of placement you still did a phenomenal job dieting like that is not easy

keeo on posting Alex!

Hey Alex,

all the best to you...I agree with everyone here ...your conditioning and positive attitude is very inspiring. I also admire the perspective you place bodybuilding in relationship to everything else going on you life.

I hope that you continue to post at pro muscle regularly since I have learned alot from you.

In this upcomming offseason...are you going to change up anything or just keep on your same current track..which is excellent? are you going to maintain your lean offseason conditioning? or are you going to bump up the calories for a few weeks?

all the best.

Hard2core2

I'll say that your pics have motivated me over the past month. I can relate to being VERY ready ahead of time and fuk up in the end. I'm impressed to see you keeping your chin up. It's not easy under those circumstances. I really believed that even with the color being the way it was and marking you down, I still had you at least 3rd. With good color, winning it! I learned the same lesson in which you never look at the scale. You just do what it is that you do to look your best. You compete against your last showing. Not against anyone else.
Any way, the pics from a week out tell enough for me. Probably the most grainey, shredded competitor I've ever seen. Congrats on the MD shoot. I'll be picking your brain at the Excaliber if you'll be there?

Thanks bro! i totally appreciate it! shit went wrong, and it sucked. I did think I could have mustered a class win or battle if I had that fuckin color off me, dry with no oil. I dont need oil. that smoothed me out too

I met scott turner, his girl, other friends of yours. THey were so cool to me. They were following my pics online etc. and thought I was looking good. Before I got that tan, my glutes etc. were still pitted like a mofo.

ALl is well, I looked better at 5 days out. Should have held the weight. Even 2.5 weeks out. I can do it again bro, I haver really perfected how to get fucking hard and grainy. Not to brag, but I think i can, its not that hard. the right combinations of the thermos, shit, plus the cardio and eating. I dont post the details, online, just bits and peaces of course! Im looking forward to seeing you there at the Exxcaliber. So keep in touch and lets talk. alex a

To everyone! thanks I met alot of cool guys at the show from here.

I will learn from this.

Getting in shape is easy for me, I figured that part out, I now know how to get that hard ass look. I will do it again, with the improvements I need. I made mistakes, Fucking up your tan is the most idiotic thing in the world!

Too much oil, too much darkenss oh man. I dont want to make excuses. I will be back. Im training today, im going to work on whats necessary to get in the best shape possible again, with improvements. I will be back online if you want to hear a more detailed view of my mistakes and how I will correct them. Plus dieting, training etc. Bodybuilding is about learning too. Even Every one of the pros has had a bad show, too! take care, alex a

Hi Alex

Sorry to hear about your mistake...on your previous thread somebody almost begged to not change anything, but eventually you did...dont worry... in the end everybody makes mistakes at least once...but its great to hear that you learned from it and that you move forward in a positive manner and i praise you for that!

SFINX

I feel your dissappointment bro. My wife and I were there, and I was expecting you on stage, but when we saw your tan, I knew there was a problem. Shoot the f'er that did that job...screwed you over. but, your mistakes are ones that can be easily righted, and its all about trial and error. Next time, you'll be dialed in and take home the hardware....

Alex..whatever man..YOU ROCK!!!! You are the man and we love you here brother. Hell, I printed off one of your pics and I carry it with me in my log book for motivation and what I want to look like when I grow up...lol. I think what stands out for me is your passion for bodybuilding and your balanced life.

You are a family man, bodybuilder; the real deal. My main man, Mainevent and Dugdale are a lot like you too; not consumed with bodybuilding as a means to all ends, but understand that all must be in proper alignment; GOD, Man, Woman and Child.

Keep on being the man!!

GOD bless.

Forgot about my boys, Hutch and Double R aka Rob Roy..they are also inspirational and family men..dang, I am all gay sounding, must be this ES3 supplement I am taking...lol

Unlucky Alex, keep your chin up mate, for what its worth you have gained loads of new fans here and you know exactly what to do to nail it next time.

Just out of interest, what tan did you use to get that dark, im sure some of the fellas here will want to steer clear of it.

Sometimes you have off moments and that sucks. You can have everything planned to a tee and something is bound to go wrong. :(

Regardless as you have said you KNOW how to do it and we expect to see you again on stage. Actually looking forward to it. :) Umm...so...when is your next contest? :D

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws