advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All 5 parts of Kai Greene: OVERKILL have been posted online!

I enjoyed it Mike. The people that call Kai weird, only see him when the switch is flipped "on." or in front of a camera talking about bodybuilding.
I thought it was weird when I saw Ronnie constantly shaking his head to get the sweat off, but that was Ronnie, and that was his way. He liked to yell out catch phrases to get him ready for a heavy lift. Ronnie would constantly smile, so people seemed to accept him. Ronnie put no real thought into it, he just lifted some heavy ass weight.
Kai just has a different mindset, but it does get him through the workout just the same.

Like someone else said there is a strange negative, depressing "vibe" I got while watching this documentary. But you captured it well and I enjoyed it. It shows a side of Kai I've never seen.

Well done documentary. Most people must understand that this is a "documentary" not a training video.

i watched some of it,i gotta tell yea iam a huge cutler fan,iam going to the cutler classic tonight actually to meet him and watch the show,to learn what the atmosphere is like and planning on competeing next year at 175,so anyways kai seems like a nice guy,and it seems like a nice documentary when i got time to watch it so theres my thoughts and if i want tips on building muscle,i look to jay cutler

There is definitely a story in Kai. I'm afraid you didn't capture it though. The early discussion of rage had promise and then it turned into a travelogue in the middle when the subject really didn't engage in the process.

I'm not a Kai fan but his story is almost assuredly a fascinating one. If you had been able to capture the larger story the documentary could have been stellar. The lack of cooperation forced it into the bodybuilding training film genre.

This leaves it neither fish nor foul. Where your brother cooperated with the process in the previous films Kai actively blocked it. I'm not sure who was in control of the production but this must have been frustrating for you.

I know you can't win them all but this silly bugger likely does have a great story.

There is definitely a story in Kai. I'm afraid you didn't capture it though. The early discussion of rage had promise and then it turned into a travelogue in the middle when the subject really didn't engage in the process.

I'm not a Kai fan but his story is almost assuredly a fascinating one. If you had been able to capture the larger story the documentary could have been stellar. The lack of cooperation forced it into the bodybuilding training film genre.

This leaves it neither fish nor foul. Where your brother cooperated with the process in the previous films Kai actively blocked it. I'm not sure who was in control of the production but this must have been frustrating for you.

I know you can't win them all but this silly bugger likely does have a great story.

You nailed it! Very accurate assessment. I agree completely.

I agree....on the 2010 training if you follow through with the shooting; it would be really neat to have more insight on his aggression or inner anger he draws from. That's something you don't hear often.

You nailed it! Very accurate assessment. I agree completely.

To get insight you need cooperation. Having to use MD web videos and forum postings as a source says a lot about Kai's commitment to the process.

He actually has a pretty good opportunity to differentiate himself with something like this. After the grapefruit, the red ridinghood outfit and the umm, uhh, well, you know, umm, interviews he has made himself look like a fruit cake. A deep documentary on his drive, training and life would give people the chance to have a deeper appreciation of him and his life.

Instead he's pretty much pissing it away. He might as well have had Mits follow him around and put a rap sound track in the background afterwards. As it was he's pretty much crapped on the project.

I think it's a shame he is definitely one of the more contraversial bodybuilders recently and he may very well be mr. olympia in the next few years.

I stopped watching when he started talking, and I got a good laugh at him looking at the anatomy book on the train...
Good video Mike, always liked them..just watching Kai...no thanks. :)

To get insight you need cooperation. Having to use MD web videos and forum postings as a source says a lot about Kai's commitment to the process.

He actually has a pretty good opportunity to differentiate himself with something like this. After the grapefruit, the red ridinghood outfit and the umm, uhh, well, you know, umm, interviews he has made himself look like a fruit cake. A deep documentary on his drive, training and life would give people the chance to have a deeper appreciation of him and his life.

Instead he's pretty much pissing it away. He might as well have had Mits follow him around and put a rap sound track in the background afterwards. As it was he's pretty much crapped on the project.

I think it's a shame he is definitely one of the more contraversial bodybuilders recently and he may very well be mr. olympia in the next few years.

Wow. Have you done this kind of work before? Your insight is amazing! Not many people have understood what I went through to make this as thoroughly as you. I had thought I hid most of the difficulties...but I guess not! LOL!

In Kai's defense, MuscleMeds had not fully briefed him on the proposed depth of this DVD. He thought it was going to be just a quicky little free giveaway and not very involved. Then I am badgering him with my camera during the toughest prep of his life. In a way, I don't blame him for not being as open as he could have been.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Last edited:
Kai is awesome but seems like a child does his trainer live eat sleep and cook for him every day. Wish Kai would show some more emotion and I couldnt tell where the video was cut for different days while training. To much advertising maybe put more at the begining and the end of the video instead of smack in the middle. Cant stand the Bodybuilding dot com advertisement site for children. MM

All of you kai green haters is going to be really sick when he becomes Mr. O
AH yeah I forgot that what got you pricks stirred up in the first place because you know his turn is comming real soon. LOL !

This is feedback on a documentary not anything to do with being "haters" and for you to call everyone "pricks" is out of line :mad:

No one mentioned a word about Kai's position at the Mr. O or any contest!!
Reading and comprehension skills??

Mike asked for feedback and people have given him just that.

You need to think before you post and especially come on calling everyone pricks!! How old are you?you need some maturation in the area of social skills and definately have some growing up to do for sure.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it. Im really interested in the next series to hear what drives him to push the weight he pushes. He talked about ronnie in there about the anger he must have to push the weight he does but he didnt go into detail about what drives him. I also ordered RTB 1-3 from mike and enjoyed it. thanks Mike.

I enjoyed it alot and found this inspiring and motivating. I didn't get any negative or depressing vibes from this dvd. Everyone shows excitement and handles stress in different ways.. just because he wasn't acting hype doesn't mean he wasn't excited about the Olympia, if Anything it looked like he was tryna put all his focus, energy and soul into each workout and maybe he was waiting to express his happiness on the stage had he won... Overall I'd say you did a great job Mike even though Kai and Oscar shutdown on you on some parts..

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear