over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All bodybuilders are a$$holes!

I actually agree with this statement. There are MORE asshole BB'ers then regular guys that also compete in bodybuilding. I think it may have alot to do with why guys get into lifting in the first place. Say they had small man syndrome. Well once they arent small anymore they probably want to show it off, and that leads to a cocky attitude.

Sadly, i dont like most of the bb'ers (or most people that lift more then very occasionally) with the exception of a few. People like to be showoffs and personally thats just not my style. It is sad though that ALL bb'ers are instantly branded like that though.

I dont really like to talk at the gym so i keep my eyes down and try to look unapproachable. However, as soon as i leave its a totally different story. I try to avoid talking about it at all just so i can never be accused of being pompous or whatever else people think about bb'ers. Thats why i like this board though. I get all my talking/typing out here :D

Here is a big secret, you have no control over what other people feel and say. All you have is control over yourself and how you want to present yourself to others.

...and most people can't even control themselves.:mad:

One word for these type of ppl...
HATERS!

But we need haters to remind us we're doing something right.

Usually going to regular gyms you have to be nice to people otherwise you come off as an arrogant a$$ if you ignore them. Its very hard to be mr nice guy if you're trying to focus 100%

How do you appear to people aside from being muscular? Do you scowl a lot? Are you the type of guy that hardly smiles? What is your demeanor like? Do you seem like an approachable person? These things might have more to do with it than your physical stature.

You have a point. my job is one of those that constantly has me under pressure and in concentration mode. I don't have time to smile when I am thinking about my next plan of action, or the 4 suspenses going on at the same time that are impossible to complete by one man in a normal work day. when I snap outta it I am very smiley and very friendly.

At least, that is what it feels like. people don't even know me and when they see my arms are thicker than their necks they put me into the a$$hole catagory and treat me like shit. The automatically assume I am a bully and a jerk. Hey, my attitude only reflects what I get...period. But now things have gotten so bad at work that I wonder if I should just stop lifting..hell, the married chubby guy I work with get all kinds of ass on the side and I think he is a freakin' jerk.
anyway, just wondering what y'all thought.

I find that most people are intimidated more than anything, been @ 2 jobs where it was mentioned if they had to fire me they'd be scared. The last CEO I worked for couldn't look me in the eyes and constantly told my boss I was intimidating.

I am not that big compared to people on this board sitting @ 6'2 220

I'm 240LBS at 7% bodyfat and arms over 20". I'm the nicest guy in the world. Hahaha That's my opinion. You'd probably think I'm an asshole. :p

I get the opposite response. Lots of respect.. Random strangers introduce themselves to me to ask what I do or who I am lol. If you don't like attention this shit isn't for you.
Other people tell me that there's some shit talk behind my back.. But never to my face. But that's a good thing.. haters make you popular. But most people are very cool.
Just remember.. The people that criticises you the most are usually the people that don't know shit.. Fuck them.. You shouldn't even waste a second worrying what they think of you.
Like this thread.. All it does is make a big deal out of nothing. And if someone elses opinion can drive you to quit doing something you love then maybe it is time to stop lifting and pick up a book.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear