over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

all competitors i need your input

Mike Hunt

Registered
as a competitor, im constantly stressing about nailing my condition for the pre judging, then im stressing about holding that condition to the night show

why is there a pre judging and night show? why not do it all in one swoop. wouldnt it be nice to just have to worry about nailing your condition just once for a show rather than twice? i dont want to worry about whether not ill peak for the am or the pm, i would much rather peak once right?

my question is this, if you could choose to compete in a show that offered only a night show would you do it? pls list your pros and cons

Nature of the beast.
It's not that hard. As long as you stay on plan - everything will be the same, maybe even better in the night show.
Sure, I'd love to do just one show. Of course it would be easier. But then, I don't do this because its easy...

Last edited:
Nature of the beast.
It's not that hard. As long as you stay on plan - everything will be the same, maybe even better in the night show.

as a competitor, wouldnt you prefer to do it all at once? just step outside the box for a sec. i know we are all conditioned to except that bodybuilding show has 2 parts a pre judge and a night show, why not do it once, do the mandatories, then the routines/awards right after?

I like having each part (morning pre judging) to the night show..I know you cant change your placing, but if you feel like your off in the morning, you can make adjustments to your diet, water, ect...and maybe come in looking fuller, dryer, ect...Gives you time to play with things, even though it might be only 4-8 hours apart...

Bro, you are judged in the morning and that is what place you will get at night at most amatuer competitions. The night show is for the overall class winners only. It is simple, if you are not standing in the middle of the first 5 callouts, odds are you aren't winning. Night show is for friends and famlies.

The pure and simple reason that there is a night show and pre judging is Money.

Bodybuilding contests are not cheap or easy to host. Promoters want to be able recoup the cost by putting on two events to cover the costs of putting on the show.. At larger shows.. or most decent regional shows, it would take too long to do the whole show in one shot..

Personally, i would like to get it over with at once but know the drill.. It is an interesting topic though..

if your conditioning is where it should be

then "peaking" would be absolete

:cool:

from a promoters stand point they can off set that lost revenue by charging a bit more for the 'one night show' rather than one charge for am and one charge for pm

for all those who didnt answer, im assuming you would all prefer to have a one show format correct?

of course its a pain in the ass

but it is what it is

you can complain about it

or

deal with it.....or both:eek:

nothings gonna change

I like the night show. In the AM prejudging, I was too wrapped up in my own prep to be aware of anything else but myself and, to a degree, the guys in my class. After I was done with prejudging, I ccould drink plenty of water, eat or not, depending on how I felt, just get comfortable again. At night, I got a much better look at the other classes, figure/fitness competitors, etc. Most everyone has had a few, and it's just fun.
What I hated about the prejudging was that I didn't know when my group would go out... all my shows were in Master's division, and we didn't know till the Sat. AM meeting when we would go... usually first or last. First was great. Last meant fukkin around for 3-4 more hrs, dying to drink something and fretting about when I should slam those last carbs.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear