advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All of a sudden I can't pin my quads without excruciating pain, what changed?!

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
This is something that has slowly been building up and it's apparently come to a head. I have always pinned my quads, top, side, middle.....never had an issue. Over the winter I pinned once and had one of the worst pains I've ever experienced in my life, figured it was a one off and hit a nerve or blood vessel whatever. Lately though it's happening every single time and in both quads, my last probably 5 pins I've tried to use my quads and just can't anymore it's torture.

Has anyone been through this? Where all of a sudden you can't use a site anymore? What the hell changed all of a sudden, why is every spot on my quads seemingly a nerve now.....?

I had the same thing happen over the last year or so.

Since my quads are so large they've always been a regular spot for shots - I can do at least 6 different spots on each quad. What started happening a year or so ago is I'd go to do a shot and as soon as the needle touched the skin - not broke the skin, just touched it - I'd get an intense stinging pain. I'd always just grit my teeth and deal with it. I also had a handful of times where I hit a nerve and had that feeling of a lightning strike, and prior to 2022 I had never hit a nerve in my quads.

I don't know what causes this but I'd guess it has something to do with nerve irritation from years of injections. I still inject my quads but I do other spots more often now. I've had much less issues with quads injections in the last 6 months so giving them a break should help.

I had the same thing happen over the last year or so.

Since my quads are so large they've always been a regular spot for shots - I can do at least 6 different spots on each quad. What started happening a year or so ago is I'd go to do a shot and as soon as the needle touched the skin - not broke the skin, just touched it - I'd get an intense stinging pain. I'd always just grit my teeth and deal with it. I also had a handful of times where I hit a nerve and had that feeling of a lightning strike, and prior to 2022 I had never hit a nerve in my quads.

I don't know what causes this but I'd guess it has something to do with nerve irritation from years of injections. I still inject my quads but I do other spots more often now. I've had much less issues with quads injections in the last 6 months so giving them a break should help.

Same!

The needle touching the skin thing started a long while back and also I would just tough it out but now as soon as I start pushing the plunger it's horrendous im assuming nerve pain. Mind you I've never really done daily shots, always been twice a week and I take a couple months off every year.

I've started doing delts more but I like my l carnitine and I don't think I should be pushing that much liquid in a delt. Also never really been able to do glut shots, don't know how anyone angles themselevs to do them and I don't have short arms...

Same!

The needle touching the skin thing started a long while back and also I would just tough it out but now as soon as I start pushing the plunger it's horrendous im assuming nerve pain. Mind you I've never really done daily shots, always been twice a week and I take a couple months off every year.

I've started doing delts more but I like my l carnitine and I don't think I should be pushing that much liquid in a delt. Also never really been able to do glut shots, don't know how anyone angles themselevs to do them and I don't have short arms...
For glutes, try sitting down on the lid of your toilet, turning your upper body to the side, and injecting the ventroglute area.

Lats should be able to take plenty of oil. Rear delts are another one of my favorites - it can be hard to get into position to do them but mine can take 3CCs and I never get PIP no matter what I put in them.

Same!

L carnitine you may inject over sevrral spots I do triceps biceps pecs upper and mid various spots on quads with slin pins.. shoulders require 25g in my experience You can easily inject 1,5cc each spot once your body gets used to it

Same!

brother you‘ve gotta be kidding me, but unfortunately due to too many successive injections, i can’t do glutes either right now ☹️

bicep - 2ml
lat - 3ml
delt - 2.5ml but most likely could take 3

lately the biggest pain in the ass is navigating the veins, got a little marker made for skin so i can place the shot accurately

Same!

I would only do the most important thing for at least 3 months, lay off the L-carnitine and whatever else you can lay off for awhile

brother you‘ve gotta be kidding me, but unfortunately due to too many successive injections, i can’t do glutes either right now ☹️

bicep - 2ml
lat - 3ml
delt - 2.5ml but most likely could take 3

lately the biggest pain in the ass is navigating the veins, got a little marker made for skin so i can place the shot accurately

You just give it a good ole reach around and pump??

Anytime I've tried to do ass shots I can't grip the plunger right and I end up a bloody mess...

Anytime I've tried to do ass shots I can't grip the plunger right and I end up a bloody mess...
Well to be fair, a full 3ml syringe is difficult to get going

just gotta do it it the mirror, get the needle set, then you can sort of untwist your trunk a little so you dont have to be torqued the whole time

try ventroglute w a slin pin, thats easy

lay on the floor on your side.
bring your top leg up so that you have 90 degree bend in the knee and are leaning on it. so left shoulder on the ground, right leg rasied and bent at 90. you can hit the outer quadrent of the glute and even use two hands.

hips are great. they seem weird at fist but you can do it standing use two hands and get plenty in there.

delts you can hit three way. down into the medial like putting the pin in the floor. rear delt sitting in a chair bent over. then like traditional sort of dr visit way.

lats have like 3 spots.

tris have two and are great.
bis outer.

i dont use quads as much any more as they too have gotten kind of ouchy.

anything small like 1cc or less and water you just jab all willy nilly in the cheeks with out much issue. 1.5 and up really best to hit they target area.

I got a pin in my right shoulder today for the first time in years for this reason..I think for me it was just scar tissue

I got to the same point. Just can’t do quads anymore. They started to hurt every Fucking time. When for a lot of years they never hurt. Back got the same way.

Same!

Glutes are the spot. The ventrogluteal area can take a ton of quantity, has almost no nerves or big veins to worry about.

As far as reaching it, I’ve been reaching it for 40 years weighing from 160 pounds in the beginning to many years weighing well over 250, with periods in the 270s. If I can reach it, I don’t see how anyone under 300 pounds can’t.

A good option is to identify exactly where you want to pin the ventrogluteal then sit down and pin it. That spot bulges out and if you relax that leg, it goes in easy. I do that sometimes sitting on the side of the bathtub or on the toilet. It works fine.

Haven't pinned quads since 94ish with injectable dbol. Location is convenient but always sucked for me.

Glute, ventro, delt, pec are my standards. Traps, lats, tris I guess if needed but it's been a decade since I bothered with any.

Haven't pinned quads since 94ish with injectable dbol. Location is convenient but always sucked for me.

Glute, ventro, delt, pec are my standards. Traps, lats, tris I guess if needed but it's been a decade since I bothered with any.
Man, I can’t pin ventro flute to save my life!

I want to but can’t ever find the right damn spot!

My wife told me she’d do it(surgeon) but I really don’t trust her to stab me

Man, I can’t pin ventro flute to save my life!

I want to but can’t ever find the right damn spot!

My wife told me she’d do it(surgeon) but I really don’t trust her to stab me

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner