over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All Pros --- Help on how to loose last 10 15 lbs, ive lost 40 so far

Using a couple different BMR calculators I got 1,700 Kcals for BMR if you lie in bed all day. If you are moderately active, one of the calculators (and none of the others) said your maintenance Kcals is near 2,800. Because your BF% is a little bit high, I would say it is probably 2,500.

Why don't you start by eating 2,500 Kcals per day, with 240g protein (x 4Kcals/g = 960Kcals).

Do you want a keto diet or a diet with carbs in it? Keto diets are hard work, and you feel awful for a few days when first starting out, but if you add in enough fats and stay off the carbs your body will adjust soon enough.

For a Keto diet, I would shoot for lower than 30g carbs (x 4kcals/g = 120Kcals), then consume the rest in both vegetable fats and animal fats (1,420Kcals / 9Kcals/g=158g fats). You may find this is too much fat, in which case you will add protein and reduce the fats. So if you are going to do a keto diet (mostly meat, nuts, eggs, sausage and bacon and a few small servings of veggies and/or salad) you will need to consume 240g protein; 30g carbs; and 160g fats, more or less to begin with.

For a diet on carbs, I would stick with the 240g protein, (240g x 4Kcal/g=960Kcals); add in no more than 100g fat (x 9Kcals/g=900Kcals); and the remaining 700Kcals in carbs (700Kcals/4Kals/g=175g carbs).

Follow the diet for two weeks. Since it is a maintenance level Kcals your weight should remain the same. If you lose weight, you know your maintenance Kcals is higher. If you gain weight, you know your maintenance Kcals is lower.

Then you should be able to judge whether to lower your Kcals or keep them where you are. You should be shooting for a modest Kcal defecit of 300 to 400 Kcals at first. If you get the Kcal defecit right, the first week dieting you should drop a significant amount of weight. Some of that will be water and some carbs. The second week, you should lose 1 to 2 lbs fat. If you are losing more than that, you should eat more Kcals. Just add in protein and you should be fine. If you are losing less than that adjust your Kcals downward by reducing fat on the keto diet and carbs on the carb diet.
Over a period of a month or two, you can adjust your Kcals down 100Kcals or so for every three to four weeks you have been dieting, or when your weight loss slows below 1Lb per week. Alternatively, when your fat loss slows, you can add in cardio and increase its intensity.

I do not recommend dieting perpetually. It is important to have an occcasional day off where you eat maintenance Kcals and some cheat foods. Maybe a single cheat meal on the weekend or a whole day of cheat meals. But be disciplined and get right back to the diet. Also, after a few months of dieting, you should come off the Kcal defecit and go onto either maintenance Kcals or if you want to put on muscle, enter a bulking phase.

Finally (this should always be the case) you should also drink plenty of water. 1gallon per day is the norm for bigger guys. You should shoot for that much each day, spread out over the day. A gallon of water a day will keep your joints lubricated, your blood flowing and your kidneys healthy. Don't count soda or fruit juices toward the total water. Most people say to avoid soda and fruit juice. I say don't drink a lot of them. And when dietiing don't drink fruit juice.

Check back in later if you have any questions or problems. Good luck and work hard.

:headbang:

Last edited:
I saw in the main forum where you asked basically the same question. One guy said you should put on some muscle, because it will be hard to lose fat with your low LBM. I think he is probably right. You will probably do better if you spend the next several months building up your muscle as much as you can, before your next phase of dieting. This is because muscle burns more Kcalories than fat, and if you can increase your LBM you will burn more Kcals and it will be easier to lose fat than right now.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear