advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ALL READ - INPUT/SUGGESTIONS REQUIRED FROM EVERYONE INCLUDING GUESTS!

Thoughts from a Lurker

I glanced over the replies to this thread and I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

I don't post too often on this board but I visit here and read posts almost daily. With some more time on my hands I hope to get involved on the board more. The quality of the information and the people here is unmatched by a lot of other boards where drama is more important than pursuing your goals. With my own goals I have chosen powerlifting over bodybuilding and the magazines and "Bodybuilding media" played a large part in my decision.

The routines in the magazines are often cookie cutter and seem unrealistic (although some pros have said that the information in mags like Flex are what they use). The information is often repetitive month after month. Back in the Weider days there was a lot of favoritism toward one group of competitors over another. Then there is the "dark side" to bodybuilding. Some magazines talk about it. Some magazines hype it over the hard work that competitors put in the gym day in and day out. Some magazines pretend that it doesn't really exist (again Weider). Since Weider was sold off the quality overall has gone downhill.

I guess what I am saying is that in Bodybuilding I always got the sense that 1. I wasn't getting the whole story
2. I wasn't getting my "money's worth" as someone who follows competitors and wants to get involved.

I just recently completed my bachleors degree. Anyone who was/is a college student knows that money is not always available. Offering a better quality product from ProMuscle at a minimal costs sounds like a great idea. What I see and hope to see is that people who subscribe (consider me one of them) get their money worth. The interviews, the honest and frank conversations, Learning what it really is like to be a pro-bodybuilder/powerlifter or learning what it takes to become one is something that I would like to see along with a lot of other people. Big A I can't wait to see what you have to offer. Count me in as a subscriber.

ctrugger

This is a very different board and you cater to a different auidence and big name pro's probably will pull in members BUT Ive seen many boards all of different nature have there traffic come to a screeching halt once it became a pay-site. And Im talking even simple fees like $10 lifetime membership or patronage the related store, just be a customer. You run a tight ship but I think you maybe over estimating how many will pay up. I hope Im wrong but its just the nature of the beast Ive seen with the net over the years. Maybe you can do it right.

I also think every single pro...even if he has a contract and getting paid...is not going to lay out his actual cycle...they always gonna hold back a bit...so your not getting the Real Deal...you can't look into people's mind even if they signed a contract :(

Hell Yeah I'd gladly pay....The info and help i've gotten from this board just in the last year has been priceless...BigA I think you got a grat idea...Roll with it!!!
Also the mag would kick ass, i remeber the original MM2000, man I would read it front to back as soon as I got it and then couldn't wait till the next issue....It would be great to have that kind of Mag again..I thought Planet Muscle was gonna be it, but they are seeming to go the route of MM2000 lately...So go for it!!!

It is the first time that I have noticed this thread...

Here is how I came to know professionalmuscle.com:

My husband hung out with Phil Hernon for a little while. He told me that Phil was this bodybuilding champion from the 90's. He talked about him all the time.

I'm wondering--who the heck is Phil Hernon anyway. I emailed him and my kids emailed him a few times, just to chat. But really, who is he? Is he really this great bodybuilder that my husband talks about from time to time? So I do a search on the guy, wondering is he for real or is my husband just fantasizing, and I'm thinking, "Does he really know Arnold?" :rolleyes:

Anyhow, to make a story short, I have learned much from this site. I have come to appreciate bodybuilding. I can see that you all are not just a bag of muscles.

Also, there are so many programs out there on fitness, who is right? I figure these bodybuilders have to know something about losing fat and gaining muscle. ;)

Would I have initially paid for the 12$ fee to get in? Probably not. But now I would gladly pitch in my 12$ to help out.

A suggestion--maybe a trial period of about 30 days before a committment? Like I said--I'm willing to pitch in my 12$ site fee.

Sincerely,
Di

Just to clarify a few things - it's $1 per month, NOT $12 per month! It's $1/month so that works out to be $12/year.

Non members, can get as far as seeing the pages of each forum which include the threads, so they see the titles of threads and when they put the cursor on a thread, they see the first few sentences of the first post, so that way they get to see the kind of content the board has.

Also, there will be member rewards, where members will win prizes for bringing on board new members, etc. As I mentioned, all concers will be taken care off, so this whole project will not fail, will actually make everything bigger and better.

This is still months away, as many things are being worked out and the site will be listed on search engines. It still hasn't been yet (all traffic is from word of mouth) as I wanted to see how big it could get without being listed. Once it will be listed on all the search engines, traffic will increase ten fold easily, then media advertising will begin, etc, etc.

I knew that much....

Big A said:
Just to clarify a few things - it's $1 per month, NOT $12 per month! It's $1/month so that works out to be $12/year.

I just don't put my money into anything unless I know what it is all about.

I'm sure it will all be worked out to perfection.

Sincerely,
Di

BigA

I think its a great idea if you can pull it off with out the board get out of control and you not getting any heat from the feds.I don't post alot myself because I spend most of my time here reading and learning from the great peeps we have here at PM . I think the magazine idea is GREAT ! We really need one that is no holds barred . And I'd be happy to pay the $12 a year to be a member here . Good Luck BigA !

This first time I have noticed this thread as well, I don't mind paying $12 a year myself and I am a pro. I think the info and communtity we have here is second to none. Even if we as pro's got no money at all but the site went in a forward direction I would be more than happy :)

I'm with you BK I'll pay 12 a year for that kind of info but also to know that the pros are actually getting decent support from this board means a lot too.

Is this idea still alive?

$ numbers didn't add up at the time. Once we reach 100,000 members which should be by the end of the year, I'll look into it again.

Excellent idea I think and well worth a measely $12 a year. This would be a first would'nt it? Ive never heard of another board doing something like this.

$ numbers didn't add up at the time. Once we reach 100,000 members which should be by the end of the year, I'll look into it again.

I really like the idea. I know this thread is old, but I "really enjoyed Muscle Media 2000"...especially even before it went to the full magazine stages.

ORIGINAL Muscle Media 2000 magazine was great but before that he had an under ground news letter which was better. All long as this site does not lose it way and stays true to its begging's I'm in!!! This will be the best site in the world!!!!!!:yeahthat:

I just started reading and becoming a little bit active here and have found the advice and discussions to be highly valuable.

Having the opportunity to interact with a greater variety of Pros and gain insight into their training, lifestyle, nutrition and the though process that went in to developing their approaches is absolutely worth s subscription fee.

Hopefully this idea comes to fruition.

Been on this board since 2008. Mostly lurking but have learned quite a bit. I would pay what was needed to stay on this board. In fact I think that's a great idea so we won't be so mainstream.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

This is one of the very few instances where reviving a 7 year old thread is a great idea.

I would definately pay a scant twelve bucks a year for info like that.

Entertainment like that! Imagine two pros at odds over methodology. Priceless!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear