over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All you Bozo's out there in Training Land

Ha got your attention.

Ok sorry about that but I want to know how many of you guys (not bozo's) train on an empty stomach. I found myself having a hard time training even an hr and a half after eating a small meal. I feel lethargic and weak. Every Wed I leave my house and go to the states grocery shopping. I never eat anything and as soon as I get home I train and i always feel good during and afterword. The other days I eat and then I don't feel like training but I do and then I'm fucked the rest of the day.

So for the past week I tried the I/F diet and trained on an empty stomach and I found I had twice the energy and was a hell of a lot stronger. Now maybe it's my age have no idea but shit something going on. Today I went back to eating my regular 6 meals and trained 2 hrs after eating. I was weaker and stopped after my second exercise due to exhaustion.

I'd say in 99% of cases, you are better off listening to your own body and doing what feels right, rather than ask us bozo's what to do :D

Last edited:
I train at 8am, so at about 7am I have a meal replacement shake, some creatine, and glutamine and I'm good to go...

I would always choose this liquid meal before a workout because the nutrients get digested a lot quicker so there is less chance of food sitting in the stomach, as MALDORF pointed out....

how long are we looking at for a meal to fully digest so your body isnt processing it instead of using the energy to train.

say a 3-4 egg omlette and oatmeal??

I'd say 2-3 hours for a solid meal and 1.5-2 for a liquid meal.

I have trained empty for many years and it works well for me. I recently
tried oatmeal with overripe banana mashed in 90 mins or so before training and
I felt pretty good. Leg days if i have much of anything in my gut it may end up
on the floor or waste can if im quick enough. Empty to very light food 2hrs prior
both work well for me.I do believe vet trainers that have maintained a high
level of muscle mass for many years shouldn't worry about fasted state negating gains or causing muscle loss.

Hey TOM, it's just like I told ya! I'm shocked (pleasantly) to see so many IF fans here!
I'm going right back on the I/F. I like it

Interest piqued!!!

I'm off to search at this IF thing :D

Everybody's different but me personally waiting about 2 hours after eating and I'm fine. I've always trained on a stomach that leaned more toward empty than full and never had any problems. Like I said everybody's different

I would starve and be miserable on IF.....so I'll stick to my snacking/eating every 3 hours or so.....But still not before AM cardio :D

I just can't see how this is effective in any way

go on...i'd like to hear your qualm with this. there have many studies that have shown how ridiculous the accepted bodybuilding view of meal frequency is.

I am following an IF diet right now to cut up a little before a bulk. One thing i can say is that IF probably isn't the best for gaining mass but is an excellent approach to maintenance and cutting. I train after i break my fast but if i cant fit it in then, i take some BCAAs and get it done.

The stuff that Martin Berkhan preaches over at leangains is very interesting. He bases all of his arguments on scientific studies which is why i like it.

There are hundreds of ways to get lean and ripped. I just want to find the easiest most pleasing way to do it. Im hoping in the next month or two i will be able to show this board some good results from following a program like this

Last edited:
Oh hell no I won't make 5 minutes in the gym on an empty stomach.....my last solid food meal is around 2:30 (protein shake, chicken and oatmeal) and around 5:00 I have a protein shake w/supps and usally in the gym around 5:30-5:45. Leg day I go in a little later. :)

Hate training on an empty stomach. I eat a bowl of oatmeal and take 10 HumaPro about 1 hour before my workout. In addition a pre workout NO drink with a medium stimulant about 1/2 hour before.

I've always trained on an empty stomach. Better pumps from more available blood, more energy and strength. No reason to set up the conflicting demands for blood by having food on your stomach.

I would starve and be miserable on IF.....so I'll stick to my snacking/eating every 3 hours or so.....But still not before AM cardio :D
You think you would. After a day or two you get used to it and just about have to make yourself eat that first meal on non training days. On training days right after I train I'm hungry and ready to eat.

Im struggling to decide which way to do this...

I work from 8am - 6pm monday to friday.

At the moment i train about 6.30 and do 10mins intense cardio after 40mins weight training....so,

My first meal is at about 7.45-8.00pm where i will consume about 800calories..

My second meal is about 9.00pm where i consume about 500cals...then my last meal is about 10.30pm where i have about 300calories...then ill fast again till 8pm ish the next day.

My GOAL is pure fat loss....would it be a bad idea to cut the 10.30pm meal out...and maybe add it in 2hour prior to lifting...as i find myself getting very hungry about 4pm.

Thanks

Im struggling to decide which way to do this...

I work from 8am - 6pm monday to friday.

At the moment i train about 6.30 and do 10mins intense cardio after 40mins weight training....so,

My first meal is at about 7.45-8.00pm where i will consume about 800calories..

My second meal is about 9.00pm where i consume about 500cals...then my last meal is about 10.30pm where i have about 300calories...then ill fast again till 8pm ish the next day.

My GOAL is pure fat loss....would it be a bad idea to cut the 10.30pm meal out...and maybe add it in 2hour prior to lifting...as i find myself getting very hungry about 4pm.

Thanks
Train just 3 days a week and make one of those training days on Sat or Sun. This way you only have to figure a way to get those meals in on two of the days you work.

Also maybe those two days you can just have a small meal at work ( say a protein drink and then have two meals after training. What I would do. You would still be following an I/F 5 days a week.

Last edited:
I've been doing IF for about six months. I never bring it up because people don't believe it is a good idea because they believe all the dogmatic views about having to eat breakfast, eat 5-6 or more meals a day even though they're just going on what they've been told they should instead of doing some research. Hey I was that way too until I did my research and realized all the BS about meal frequency and going “catabolic” from not eating every few hours. Sorry but a meal is not completely digested in a few hours, you don't go “catabolic” from not eating every 2-3 hours. Since I started IF I've never looked better and I've never felt better. It's much more convenient to eat this way. I've always hated eating breakfast anyway but forced it down because that's what I was “supposed” to do. And the meals are much more satisfying. I can eat 2-3 big meals and not be hungry instead of spacing it out over 5-7 meals. I still get the same calories and protein with less meals. And my digestive system isn't overloaded from constantly shoving in food. I'm not bloated anymore and my “pot belly” has disappeared.

And I've never had any problems with strength when hitting the weights. I do take some BCAA's before my workout but that's it. And after the workout I can have a huge meal and it's like your muscle just suck everything up.

I won't argue with anyone because everyone is different and if someone likes eating breakfast and many meals then they should do it. All I know is this working great for me. It's so much more convenient and much easier to stay lean.

Like Scott said, check out Leangains for a lot of good info.

Yea- i use the eat stop eat method 2 x 24 hour fasts and find it great for recomping. even when i bulk in future i will do 1 24 hour fast a week to keep fat in check. I read studies for and against fasting so just tried it and its by far the most effective fat loss and recomp diet ive tried. Want to try lean gains but while eat stop eat is working so well dont really want to change anything. Havnt tried training fasted yet though

I have always worked out better on an empty stomach and do it very often. If cutting and overall calories are a bit low, I just take a couple scoops of Xtend(BCAA's) right before my workout. That should help with keeping you in a positive anabolic state while lifting and not having much or any food in you. I also tend to use BCAA's anytime that I think I'm going to be a long while without food.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws