over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

all you guys w kids

I have two kids and there isn't a chance in hell that I would allow them to see any of my gear or supplies. I just don't think it's appropriate at all. Even if it is prescribed by your doctor I think there are some things kids should not be pulled into. This is psychology 101 guys. Observational learning is always in process.

My wife has MS, and I have to administer an IM injection every week. We do not let our kids see the items used nor allow them to witness it. It is absolutely unnecessary. Kids grow up fast enough and are very impressionable. Allow them to be kids.

If you have a lapse of judgment and they find out or catch you, then I would100% tell a 'white lie' and perhaps note that it was prescribed for a certain vitamin difficiency (or the like).

With my 2 oldest boys ,I was completely honest with them on what and why I was doing it.I also explained to them at their age it wouldn't be wise to do themselves and so far they haven't.Now with my 7 yr. old daughter,I simply lied and said it's medicine for Daddy aftert she walked in on me.They can be quite stealth :p You have to be the jkudge on wether your kids can handle the truth

BTW Joe... I wasn't judging you... you are most likely a great father... Shit happens now its time to bring in the cleanup crew... thats all...

And to the poster on the moral high horse... where are your morals? I suppose you don't break the law to run your gear huh? and I am certain when the man comes looking you will show him your scripts and confess to everything with no lies...

Its fine when no one points the finger at you...

I am looking for the opinion and suggestions of my iron brothers as we are all living similarly in our life styles and are on this great board for the same reasons. Good info coming for good people! Keep them coming fellas

And craig you werent playin about the kids being in stealth mode

Guys he only saw a pin, it was loaded, but nothing else! NOT me shotting anything and everyone here has some valid points and its all gonna depend on how you raise your kids we are not all gonna see eye to eye to on this. Im gonna take some time to discuss it with my wife and we come to an agreement as how we should handle it. Thanks fellas

BRO, dont be hard on the guys here. And especially on yourself. It happened. And you can't take it back. At this point you have two choices.

1- tell him the truth about what you do and what the juice is "REALLY supposed top be used for.

2- tell him you're using it to help you regulate your insulin. And your doctor knows about it. And so does Mommy! ( its a little lie right now) but at least he wont think twice about telling the kids at school what he seen in the bathroom. And even if he does, he'll just say its for your insulin.

Then let it go, and move on. Good luck to you bro.

good luck...

I have 3 boys and I just make sure stuff is locked up and only inject while they sleep, and dispose of the pins where they won't see them. Just have to be very careful.

BTW Joe... I wasn't judging you... you are most likely a great father... Shit happens now its time to bring in the cleanup crew... thats all...

And to the poster on the moral high horse... where are your morals? I suppose you don't break the law to run your gear huh? and I am certain when the man comes looking you will show him your scripts and confess to everything with no lies...

Its fine when no one points the finger at you...

My morals are not to blast a guy that got into a situation he was regretful for, but then tell him to lie, like you even know anything about it. Be a "good father" huh?

Sad thing is you could have told him to just say it was "something" he takes from time to time. But now when he figures it out down the road, he'll know his father lied to him, and he will figure it out. I have a 10 year old, so I'm not naive about his dilemma.

And no I'm not a dumbass, I don't say a word if something happens, it's my right to keep my mouth shut, and any lawyer will tell you not say a word. Maybe you should think about that for yourself.

My point is there's no need to blast the guy, but you seem to think it's o.k.
This is a great forum, no need to insult anybody.

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. So I guess you are or will always be completely honest with your children right? So if your kid hears you and his/her mom having sex and asks "Why was mommy screaming" you will be completely honest with them right? They are kids and you need to treat them as such and that means telling them things in a way they can understand and handle at the age that they are. Sorry but not everything is black and white. However if you want a black and white answer then here it is; if he never let his kid see him taking a shot then he wouldn't be here asking how to explain to his kid what he was doing.

Your statement of morals are morals is ridiculous. Morals are not universal. Lying to a kid might be against your morals but that doesn't mean it against everyone else’s.

Sure...the dumbest thing you ever heard. Is there really a reason to lie to the kid? It's sad so many peoples first reaction is to lie, when there's no reason tell him anything more than necessary. But yet, telling a 10 year old it's insulin, is the way to go, the kid won't even understand what it is you guys aren't even thinking about how to be honest, and it's simple.
Funny you think a 10 year old will understand about it being insulin.
To say I have never lied, would be a lie. But the reason nobody beleives anybody is because everybody lies like there's nothing wrong with it.
But I know I'm the minority, and I believe trying to make things simple, not more complex by lying.

What if he would have stuck himself with some of your gh or decided to stick one of your other kids? OR TOOK THE NEEDLE TO SCHOOL!!! USE YOU HEAD bro... your a father ACT LIKE ONE... part of your job is to protect your kids... even from yourself!

:yeahthat:

You say all he found was a loaded needle? tell him you found it outside and you put it in a safe place till you had time to deliver it to the hospital cos it might be very important to the person who lost it.

And in the future just be more on the ball bro which I'm sure you will.

A lot of judgemental posts on here, sometimes white lies are told to protect kids from reality but obviously theres some holier than thou characters here. :rolleyes:

Joeoak -- it's clear most people posting in this thread do not have children. Esp not 10-15 years olds. My kids have gone through my closets, they go through everything in the house. Just like I found my dad's stash of Playboys when I was 11 (and they were hidden well!) most kids are curious and will look around, even in their parent's bedroom. The only sure thing is a safe like where I store firearms, but even then it's no sure thing they won't find a key or overhear the combination said between your wife and yourself, etc.

"Shouldn't have injected in front of him". WTF - who would even think of that? Good advice. I also will remember not to snort coke off their waffle plate at breakfast.

With my daughter, she is more computer savvy than I ever will be, bypassing her account and logging in as an admin. While surfing the web, the "autocomplete" listed ProMuscle. "Hey dad, why are you on a steroid site with all those pics of gross veiny dudes?"

"Just trying to learn about nutrition hon, and bodybuilders know a lot about nutrition."

Just tell them enough to assuage their curiosity. Tell them too little, and they know you are lying through your teeth. Tell too much, and well, that's why there are ratings for movies. Some things are better left to learn later in life.

"Dad has low testosterone, and the doctor told me to give myself a shot to get it back up to normal. Testosterone is what makes a man a man, and my body produces too little. So this is to make me like everyone else". And at least for me, who does have a normal level of 320 at age 35 (at the very low range), it's only a small white lie -- the part about the doctor. Until I get HRT!

Hope this helps. From one father to another.

Last edited:
man my fiancé son and his friend dug n my gym bag one night while I was n the shower and found an insulin pin we told him I was a diabetic tho he still questions me about roids :(...... Sooo I Ono it's the damn tv

Be careful what you tell him bro. I have no kids but a buddy of mine had a similar thing happen. Told his little girl that it's a vitamin shot his doctor prescribed because he didn't eat his vegetables.

Next day at school she made an announcement to her class about the importance of vegetables as to avoid injections like her daddy has to do. Sounds fine except for the teacher being there and knowing full well that the daddy is a huge ripped mofo.

That day when he picked up his kid the teacher came over to him and suggested that he not do his vitamin injections in front of his daughter as she is at a very impressionable age right now. She put "vitamin injections" in air quotes. She knew what was up.

It isn't as much about the kids as it is about who they tell. And they will tell. That's what they do.

Be careful what you tell him bro. I have no kids but a buddy of mine had a similar thing happen. Told his little girl that it's a vitamin shot his doctor prescribed because he didn't eat his vegetables.

Next day at school she made an announcement to her class about the importance of vegetables as to avoid injections like her daddy has to do. Sounds fine except for the teacher being there and knowing full well that the daddy is a huge ripped mofo.

That day when he picked up his kid the teacher came over to him and suggested that he not do his vitamin injections in front of his daughter as she is at a very impressionable age right now. She put "vitamin injections" in air quotes. She knew what was up.

It isn't as much about the kids as it is about who they tell. And they will tell. That's what they do.

thats nuts man...

i've always waited till my son is fast asleep,and even then i still go in the bathroom with the doors locked.

Sure...the dumbest thing you ever heard. Is there really a reason to lie to the kid? It's sad so many peoples first reaction is to lie, when there's no reason tell him anything more than necessary. But yet, telling a 10 year old it's insulin, is the way to go, the kid won't even understand what it is you guys aren't even thinking about how to be honest, and it's simple.
Funny you think a 10 year old will understand about it being insulin.
To say I have never lied, would be a lie. But the reason nobody beleives anybody is because everybody lies like there's nothing wrong with it.
But I know I'm the minority, and I believe trying to make things simple, not more complex by lying.

The problem with being honest when a child probably won't even understand is that due to the lack of understanding they could then say something inappropriate to someone they should not eg BIGTazz's post above. However you are correct that you could probably be honest without lying by saying something like "I have to take medicine and that is how I have to take it". That may not work for the more inquisitive children but would probably work for most of them.

Also I would like to say that I was being very dramatic when I said "dumbest thing I've ever heard". It wasn't even close to the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Bro.. I know exactly how kids are and have to say SHAME ON YOU FOR LETTING HIM SEE ANYTHING...

First problem bro... you got sloppy... tighten up! What if he would have stuck himself with some of your gh or decided to stick one of your other kids? OR TOOK THE NEEDLE TO SCHOOL!!! USE YOU HEAD bro... your a father ACT LIKE ONE... part of your job is to protect your kids... even from yourself!

NOW to answer your question... it is simple... Tell him "Daddy is borderline diabetic, the doctor wants me to try this for a couple weeks to see if it helps"... This will give you a couple weeks to make the shots disappear again... When the question comes back up... and it will... tell him the doctor took you off the diabetic medicine because daddy is ok now...

Good sharp responce:headbang:

I have a 14 yr. old boy.Without a doubt I would LIE!! Go with the Dr. perscribed it for a short time.Comes up again tell him you don't like pins(syringes) .So you stoped an turns out you didn't need it anyway.And NEVER I mean NEVER let him see them again.Because then you will have know way out.Without looking stupid,so be careful an good luck.

Some things children just don't need to know! :naughty:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity