over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Allergies

kandaandm

Registered
Who here has allergies? I lived in the Southeast most of my life and allergies never really bothered me. I moved to the Midwest recently and my nose is congested from allergies all the time. I've tried Claritin, Allegra, Rhinocort nose spray and nothing seems to work accept Afrin, but Afrin can only be taken 3-5 days straight.

I'm out of breath alot from trying to breath through congested sinuses.

Anybody have a similar issue that has an answer for me?

2 huge recommendations stick out to me. Zyrtec (generic Cetirizine) and Flonase (generic Fluticasone). I guarantee if you give those 3-4 days you will be symptom free. You can use behind the counter generic Sudafed in the interim days waiting for it to kick in (btw please note I do not know your medical history so this does not constitute medical advice). Afrin is going to give you serious rebound congestion, your sinuses will grow accustomed to it and actually have a withdrawal reaction.

Last edited:
Afrin sucks.

You can try nasal laser light therapy for a minor effect and 2 tablespoons a day of olive oil can help better then any drug in my experience.

Olive oil bumps up DAO enzyme which breaks down histamine.

I feel your pain. I'm in the Midwest and I am congested 5 days of the week minimum. It's ridiculous. Tried all the over the counter stuff to no avail. Beginning to wonder if it's my damn dog doing it to me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Afrin works for me. I know your not supposed to use it for prolonged periods of time, but it's either that or I can't breathe.

Afrin works for me. I know your not supposed to use it for prolonged periods of time, but it's either that or I can't breathe.

My coworker is hooked on it now. He saw someone using it out where he delivers to a costumer so he tried it. He didn’t pay attention to what he said “don’t use it that long or else you need it two,three times a day” so yes I wouldn’t touch it!

Sent from The Iron Pile

I suffer from seasonal allergies. What works best for me: Zyrtec. Nasaqort. And if my eyes are bothering me, Zadiator plus washing them out twice a day.

I feel you....I also live in the Midwest. I alternate between Claritin and Zyrtec year round. I also use Flonase......if I get really stuffed up I will use Claritin-D or Zyrtec-D for alittle bit.

I switch between Claritin and Allegra. Something you might want to try is a teaspoon of local honey a day. I'm not saying this will cure your allergies but I believe it has helped mine tremendously. This will not work over night. You will have to take it for 2 or 3 months before you notice anything.

Bromelin with quercetin from NOW is good for preventing allergies during allergy season

Nasal rinses (1/8 tsp usp salt, 1/8 tsp baking soda per 8oz distilled water or filter). Air purifer is also worthwhile if its due to something in the air. I have a mini one that I put near me for when I sleep. I still haven't totally fixed my chronic sinusitis but meds generally end up giving me some sort of rebound effect.

Nasal rinses (1/8 tsp usp salt, 1/8 tsp baking soda per 8oz distilled water or filter). Air purifer is also worthwhile if its due to something in the air. I have a mini one that I put near me for when I sleep. I still haven't totally fixed my chronic sinusitis but meds generally end up giving me some sort of rebound effect.

Rinsing my sinuses daily have been one of the biggest improvements in my allergy issues. After you get used to doing it, it becomes as routine as anything else. I do mine while showering.

Along with the other recommendations made ( Mostly a solid nose spray/rinse) I would consider doing allergy shots. I was born and raised in the midwest, in the middle of corn country, and had horrendous and debilitating allergies growing up. Went to an immunologist and went through the whole process of weekly allergy shots, and now I rarely have issues except during really bad times (like now with ragweed being super high).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131