advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Allergy/Histamine to ALL ORALS! Any Insight?

monsterbox

Newbies
I'm a former competitive bodybuilder. I've been lifting for 10 years. I run 200mg/test cyp per week as HRT w/ 100iu HCG. My e2 is controlled with arimidex and stays in the mid 20's.

I'm 190lbs, 6 percent bf, and 5' 7'' year round.

Back in the days of competition Iv ran up to 2g of test, tons of masteron, anavar, dbol, epistane all of it you name it.

HOWEVER, I've noticed one common trend and problem which is an unsolved mystery and I need some advice on this forum!

EVERY ORAL I'v taken, since my very very first cycle of havoc back in 2008, I get a histamine reaction. Very slight increase in histamine immediately after dosing. I hold slight bit of water in my skin, lip are slightly swollen, nose is stopped up and skin it itchy and patchy. No matter what the dosage.

IF, I drink alcohol, or I am around pets, or pollen any allergen...I become very allergic on cycle. Break out in hives and tightness in breathing.

Solution? If I pop a clariton or zyrtec its gone IMMEDIATELY. Any inflammation is completely gone, all symtpoms vanish.

Also, upon cessation of oral cycle, all symptoms vanish.

I use reasonable dosages, with adequate time off. My blood work shows nothing unusual.

Please help.

Are you like this off cycle too? But if not i see no problems popping Benadryl or Claritin or whatever for the short amount of time you'll be on an oral. Assuming you only use them 4-8 weeks

No never like this off-cycle.

I'm beginning to believe I'm possibly an under-methylator, and my body overproduces histamine. It matches my personality...people with undermethylation are extremely motivated, but ocd, have anxiety and always have to be doing something, I'm about that way...

I donno this is just so strange.

Yes I've never heard of this either. Like I said I see no problems using anti histamines as needed for several weeks. You said yourself it does the trick

Yes I've never heard of this either. Like I said I see no problems using anti histamines as needed for several weeks. You said yourself it does the trick

It does the trick, however could this be a marker for some sort of underlying liver issue? That fact that ONLY orals and ANY oral will do it at any time?

I'v yet to find one person on the web with this response to AAS.

The liver issue thing rang a bell in my head. Last summer I had a vacation with a lot of drinking, a lot and I was itchy allover and swollen (hystamine reaction) everyday after until one day a month later I did a 24 hour fast and I've never had that issue again.

I think it might have been something to do with bile built up between my liver and gallbladder, but I'm not sure. I guess what I'm saying is try a 24 hour fast just for shits and giggles, it won't hurt and maybe, just maybe it will help.

It does the trick, however could this be a marker for some sort of underlying liver issue? That fact that ONLY orals and ANY oral will do it at any time?

I'v yet to find one person on the web with this response to AAS.

have you brought it to a doctor? do you get the histamine response from only methylated AAS or do you get it from methylated otc drugs like asprin and oral b12? if you get it from standard otc methylated items present it to the dr that way if your worried about telling him you use steroids.

I'm not sure man sorry. As said I'd check with your doctor

I only get this response from methyl steroids. Nothing else causes it ever.

If I take one pill of epistane, 20 mins later my upper chest will get red and ill feel itchy. If I take a small dosage, like a quarter of an anti-histamine it knocks it out completely and I'm back to normal.

I had my gallbladder removed a few weeks ago. So gallbladder should be unrelated to this...issue happened before, and after.

I have had very elevated enzymes ON CYCLE. Generally my enzymes come in around 150-200 ALT while on-gear and go back down to 30-55 in range within 3 weeks off gear. However, I believe very elevated enzymes is normal on an oral cycle and guys never check while on, they check while off.

I have never had elevated Bilirubin or Alkyline Phosphate. So therefore I do not believe the itching is bile. Its purely histamine.

Last edited:
have you brought it to a doctor? do you get the histamine response from only methylated AAS or do you get it from methylated otc drugs like asprin and oral b12? if you get it from standard otc methylated items present it to the dr that way if your worried about telling him you use steroids.

No, no effect from any other methyl products. Only oral methyl 17aa.

No doctor is going to understand this or discuss this in any reasonable manner. The only docs who would listen to this would be anti-aging/hormone replacement docs who advise professional ifbbs. I'm hoping some people in this forum have maybe experienced the same side effect and this is just the bodies immunological response to 17aa resistant breakdown.

I only get this response from methyl steroids. Nothing else causes it ever.

If I take one pill of epistane, 20 mins later my upper chest will get red and ill feel itchy. If I take a small dosage, like a quarter of an anti-histamine it knocks it out completely and I'm back to normal.

No, no effect from any other methyl products. Only oral methyl 17aa.

No doctor is going to understand this or discuss this in any reasonable manner. The only docs who would listen to this would be anti-aging/hormone replacement docs who advise professional ifbbs. I'm hoping some people in this forum have maybe experienced the same side effect and this is just the bodies immunological response to 17aa resistant breakdown.

I have bad allergies so bad that I have to see an allergist once a month.

If you only get this response from methyl steroids I would suggest you just stop using them or deal with it when you do use them.

You should consider seeing an allergist as you may be developing allergies as you get older and it may just seem like you're getting this reaction just when you use methyl steroids.

I have bad allergies so bad that I have to see an allergist once a month.

If you only get this response from methyl steroids I would suggest you just stop using them or deal with it when you do use them.

You should consider seeing an allergist as you may be developing allergies as you get older and it may just seem like you're getting this reaction just when you use methyl steroids.

I had a very comprehensive allergy test done when off orals. In fact I was still running 2g of test at the time the allergy testing was performed.

Conclusion was mild allergy to gluten, some specific molds and soy.

Im fine dealing with the symptoms from the histamine response. Anti-histamine works perfect, however I'm worried I'm covering up a possible underlying condition.

I was reading something on DAT's board and he mentioned having anti-histamine available if using orals in a cycle. Ill see if i can locate it.

High histamine can cause bloating and raised prolactin. Orals are worse but any androgen and t3 can raise them as well.

i have had the same reaction with certain peptides.
cjc dac was especially bad, my whole skin got big patches of bubbles for around 30-45min. they were fucking itchy etc
popping fenistil (anti histamine in EU) and it was gone

Fascinating, but I've never seen data on this, though I don't rule out some plausibility. Does the original person claiming this, or anyone, have any evidence from the literature to provide that show androgens cause a gut histamine response, and further, that this is associated with acid reflux from 17AA orals?

In terms of itchiness, it is noteworthy that 17alpha-alkylated oral androgens are used to TREAT cholestatic itching.

Fascinating, but I've never seen data on this, though I don't rule out some plausibility. Does the original person claiming this, or anyone, have any evidence from the literature to provide that show androgens cause a gut histamine response, and further, that this is associated with acid reflux from 17AA orals?

In terms of itchiness, it is noteworthy that 17alpha-alkylated oral androgens are used to TREAT cholestatic itching.
Doubt it, this was posted up 8 years ago. The OP is most likely gone.

Cage

I'm a former competitive bodybuilder. I've been lifting for 10 years. I run 200mg/test cyp per week as HRT w/ 100iu HCG. My e2 is controlled with arimidex and stays in the mid 20's.

I'm 190lbs, 6 percent bf, and 5' 7'' year round.

Back in the days of competition Iv ran up to 2g of test, tons of masteron, anavar, dbol, epistane all of it you name it.

HOWEVER, I've noticed one common trend and problem which is an unsolved mystery and I need some advice on this forum!

EVERY ORAL I'v taken, since my very very first cycle of havoc back in 2008, I get a histamine reaction. Very slight increase in histamine immediately after dosing. I hold slight bit of water in my skin, lip are slightly swollen, nose is stopped up and skin it itchy and patchy. No matter what the dosage.

IF, I drink alcohol, or I am around pets, or pollen any allergen...I become very allergic on cycle. Break out in hives and tightness in breathing.

Solution? If I pop a clariton or zyrtec its gone IMMEDIATELY. Any inflammation is completely gone, all symtpoms vanish.

Also, upon cessation of oral cycle, all symptoms vanish.

I use reasonable dosages, with adequate time off. My blood work shows nothing unusual.
Please help.
All aas are immunosuppressive especially oral ones that don't attach to your receptor.... try using b12 amd ecanetia to strengthen your immune e system

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131