over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Allicin

animal71

Banned
Garlic has a chemical called Allicin in it, so if you're using it a lot you're actually doing your health a favor. How many of you use garlic for cooking? How many times per week are you eating it or cooking with it?

Personally, I use it almost daily. When I do my egg whites, I add garlic to it, same with my tuna (yea I know smell :p tuna+garlic). I found it helps me digestion and makes me feel better ovearall.

We just released an interesting article about Garlic and Allicin on cycles; want to know what Allicin is? read the article. :)
http://www.evolutionary.org/allicin

Yup I use it. Too many benefits not to

My mom use it to cook everyday, my father even eat without cooking, he said it is good for health,it is!but it's better not opening mouth after eating, the smell, you know,lol :banghead:

I thought allicin was released just after crushing the garlic clove and had to be ingested quickly to reap the benefits. For this reason I understand garlic supplements / pills were useless. Perhaps somebody could educate me regarding the use of garlic supplements . I would appreciate being updated as I had heard this a long time ago.

I used a stabilized allicin product to combat a nasty MRSA infection after antibiotics failed.

The boil was literally the size of a dollar coin

I used a stabilized allicin product to combat a nasty MRSA infection after antibiotics failed.

The boil was literally the size of a dollar coin

That's interesting. You used allicin directly like a supplement or a high concentrated garlic solution? and how effective was it? (time wise)

That's interesting. You used allicin directly like a supplement or a high concentrated garlic solution? and how effective was it? (time wise)

it was a concentrated allicin solution.... stabilized allicin.. IIRC, allicin in its natural state is very unstable, and only lasts in that form for a few moments.

it was effective quite quickly... the symptoms stopped getting worse within a week, and then the boils slowly started fading away.

it's worth noting that I also haven't been seriously ill since I started taking the supplement... and ive been around some very, very ill people (room mates).

it was a concentrated allicin solution.... stabilized allicin.. IIRC, allicin in its natural state is very unstable, and only lasts in that form for a few moments.

it was effective quite quickly... the symptoms stopped getting worse within a week, and then the boils slowly started fading away.

it's worth noting that I also haven't been seriously ill since I started taking the supplement... and ive been around some very, very ill people (room mates).

All oral application or did you apply it to the site too? This is very interesting, seems we should be having a lot more discussion in our industry about allicin.

this article is extremely important to read because a lot of people make the mistake of using garlic powder dried up. this is NOT the correct way to use garlic. you must slice or crush it and it must be fresh so the garlic releases the allicin, that is where the health benefits lay

people who use garlic powder are lazy.. yeah it doesn't make your eyes water, that is cause it lacks the allicin in the first place!

I thought allicin was released just after crushing the garlic clove and had to be ingested quickly to reap the benefits. For this reason I understand garlic supplements / pills were useless. Perhaps somebody could educate me regarding the use of garlic supplements . I would appreciate being updated as I had heard this a long time ago.

the article clearly explains this

All oral application or did you apply it to the site too? This is very interesting, seems we should be having a lot more discussion in our industry about allicin.

There was a cream applied to the boils after they were lanced

I cook with garlic all the time. My wife is super picky with food but likes garlic so it is a staple for us. I also use N2Guard year round so I am definitely covered!

Ask any Italian grandmother the secret to her pasta sauce recipe and she will tell you garlic.

1 ounce of garlic contains 42 calories, 1.8 protein, 0g fat, 9g carbs and 1g fibre.

It also contains a host of vitamins and minerals:
Manganese: 23% of the RDA.
Vitamin B6: 17% of the RDA.
Vitamin C: 15% of the RDA.
Selenium: 6% of the RDA.
Decent amounts of calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin B1.

the article clearly explains this

Yes...but it does not explain how potent, if at all allicin in supplement/powdered form is. That is my question.

Kyolic ALL DAY. im cruising right now and suffer from high BP anyway, and am in between docs right now so i can't refill my BP script.
I triple up the dose on Kyolic, take 5 potassium citrate tabs 3X/day, BP is normal WITHOUT meds. Garlic has benefits documented for over a thousand years. I swear by the stuff!

Kyolic ALL DAY. im cruising right now and suffer from high BP anyway, and am in between docs right now so i can't refill my BP script.
I triple up the dose on Kyolic, take 5 potassium citrate tabs 3X/day, BP is normal WITHOUT meds. Garlic has benefits documented for over a thousand years. I swear by the stuff!

be careful with the potassium my man. I would keep an eye on my blood work when adding potassium. Little error here or there and its a perm nap.

But you are right I take the Kyolic am and pm and it has lowered my bp a few systolic points.