advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ALLRIGHT! now im serious. where does it begin?

lyndonlawrence

Registered
Board Supporter
I want to know from start to finish just how muscles are broke down and built up. are sugars high after muscle training or insulin? what receptors need fed after workouts?
I have seen amazing developments this past month but I have no idea what and why its happening. If there is a beginners thread as to how all this works please direct me or it could be fun for everyone to chime in.'
I started doin Test last year that motivated me to get my tired old middle aged ass in the gym . I added hgh and decca and tren. then I added bcaa and protein powder. Hell, I just learned last week to wait an hour after downing protein powder instead of heading right to the gym. WHY? I have little to no idea of what all happens. What do steroids produce that regular working out wont? I have just been reading on here what works for some guys and have been weeding out what I don't like.
Now that I am looking into igf3 and insulin I need more education before sending myself into a diabetic coma.
This last month I have concentrated on 1 gram of protein per body pound and have grown ALOT. I train one muscle group a week since I am 53 and am avoiding over work and injuries.
I know this is totally nube and people will say stop doing what you don't know about but I am blowing up and want a lot more. im okay with present routine and don't necessarily need more supplements with the growth I am on but would like a better understanding of muscle development from start to finish.
Thanks

With the egg...

That's how every day begins for me....

are sugars high after muscle training or insulin?

Neither unless you supplement with something to raise them.

what receptors need fed after workouts?

I'd say your feeding them with test, decca, and tren.

I have seen amazing developments this past month but I have no idea what and why its happening.

See last answer :yeahthat:

I just learned last week to wait an hour after downing protein powder instead of heading right to the gym.

Don't fucking matter that much. People love to talk about their goddamn preworkout bull semen like its the shit. Just eat enough and get enough carbs and fast protein during/post workout but the real answer is #2 above.

Now that I am looking into igf3 and insulin I need more education before sending myself into a diabetic coma.

Unnecessary, see answer #2 above.

This last month I have concentrated on 1 gram of protein per body pound and have grown ALOT.

Yea that's all you need, just forget about answer to #2.

I train one muscle group a week since I am 53 and am avoiding over work and injuries.

TRAIN MORE. Just learn to listen to your body and slow down or lower the weight when needed. Best advice to morph faster is to overwork that machine and force it to adapt. 53 ain't old get off your ass and lift.

I am blowing up and want a lot more

TRAIN MORE

Last edited:
No need for igf and certainly no need for insulin at this point. Really focus on nutrition. Learn everything you can. Unfortunately there are many conflicting views, but start with the most balanced approach. Find a good training routine and stick with it for a little while. Good luck.

When I hired Shelby is when I got my eyes opened up about training and nutrition, it was worth every penny for the knowledge he taught me.

The simplest route will be the best, shit can get over complicated in a hurry.
Lots of overinformation going on.
Eat, make sure protein is the right amount, not too much, not too little. Same with carbs and fat.
Learn how you need to time meals.
Drugs are drugs, learn how to use them but not rely on them for your results.
Training, learn how to train hard, I dont mean training til you think you are done, but pushing yourself past the point you thought you were finished.
Learn how to tell when you need more rest or less.

After that you need to learn that how you do things will differ greatly from the rest.

Those are the cliff notes.

I don't think he is looking to compete so its probably overkill,

I never said he wanted to compete, I don't compete but I got sick of all the over information on the Internet and everyone making things over complicated, so I hired Shelby for 3 months and made more improvements in 90 days then I did in a year cause I finally learned what to do and when to do.

I just stated my opinion, so if you don't agree I wasn't talking to you I was directing my comment to the OP let him decide if it is over kill or not. You don't have to compete to hire a trainer they train competitors and non competitors.

Last edited:
I never said he wanted to compete, I don't compete but I got sick of all the over information on the Internet so I hired Shelby for 3 months and made more improvements in 90 days then I did in a year cause I finally learned what to do and when to do.

I just stated my opinion, so if you don't agree I wasn't talking to you I was directing my comment to the OP let him decide if it is over kill or not.

Sorry
I agree it probably works great to get some knowledge. How much did 3 month run ballpark? I'd pay just to shoot the shit and debate theories. :)

All in all it seems pretty simple to me.

Get muscle depleted drink fast carb + fast protein to cause insulin spike and ram the nutrients into the muscle. Then a post workout real meal with more carbs and protein. Rest of the day only eat low glycemic carbs, slow digesting proteins and add more fat to meals to lower insulin response.

This will then increase the bodies insulin sensitivity for that key intra and post workout window when the fast hitting protein and carbs are used to cause a large insulin spike and drive growth.

I'd say for a bodybuilder who doesn't use insulin this would probably work pretty well. Am I off?

Now things would change slightly depending on goals like weight loss ect.

Last edited:
Sorry
I agree it probably works great to get some knowledge. How much did 3 month run ballpark? I'd pay just to shoot the shit and debate theories. :)

All in all it seems pretty simple to me.

Get muscle depleted drink fast carb + fast protein to cause insulin spike and ram the nutrients into the muscle. Then a post workout real meal with more carbs and protein. Rest of the day only eat low glycemic carbs, slow digesting proteins and add more fat to meals to lower insulin response.

This will then increase the bodies insulin sensitivity for that key intra and post workout window when the fast hitting protein and carbs are used to cause a large insulin spike and drive growth.

I'd say for a bodybuilder who doesn't use insulin this would probably work pretty well. Am I off?

Now things would change slightly depending on goals like weight loss ect.

I didn't to mean to come off as a dick I was just stating my point. :D

I will shoot ya a PM in a few.

You need to read up on everything liver supports, blood test, proper cycle. My advice to you is use not abuse or make a pretty corpse in a casket. Just some friendly advice.:D

Was hesitant opening my thread back up

Was sure I was gonna get flamed. Thanks everyone. You guys are great for treating me as family. I love this board. Hey , in the back of my mind I hold a small dream of competing but I'm way far from thinking about it. It's my hobby I picked up this past year as my midlife crisis was beckoning.
I did shoulders last night and as I was In front of the mirror pressing dumb bells I saw new ridges and cuts in my triceps. Stuff like that just gets me geeked. I am backing off all aas at the end of the month and will concentrate in nutrition.
Thanks again

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members