over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alternative to True Nutrition?

sam salters

Registered
As the title says, does anyone know of any good supplement companies similar to True Nutrition that have good prices/mixes?

I'm done with True Nutrition, great products but HORRIBLE customer service. After a couple years and probably $4k+ of my money spent with them and recommending them to probably 100+ people, I'm moving on.

The past 2 orders took me 2 weeks to get the first, 2.5 weeks to get the other.

This time on my most recent order, after over 2 weeks and no package/tracking number still showed no package had been even delivered to UPS just a label made. I emailed them and was told my order had not shipped yet because an item was backordered. At checkout all items were shown in stock, and regardless you don't just not let a customer know for weeks that their order is not being shipped because one thing is backordered. Every other company I have ever bought anything from online emails and notifies you something is out of stock and your order will be delayed.

They then told me they were going to ship me my order that day minus what was backordered with "Express Shipping" since it had now taken me over 2 weeks to get my order 3 different times. Two weeks since then (over 4 weeks since I made my order), not a single thing had showed up to my house. I emailed them and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money, which they did. They still had not shipped one single item to me 4 weeks later.

And if any of the True Nutrition reps on the board want to call BS on me I will gladly post all my emails and order receipt.

So if anyone else has a good suggestion on where to get supplements from, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sam

I use a couple big online supplement shops...just look for sales on 5 pound tubs and away I go....cheap shipping too, especially if I order a bunch of other stuff I don't need at the same time.

Never tried TN myself but always read positive reviews tho.

You must have lost 15lb after letting this rant out:eek:

Last edited:
You must have lost 15llb after letting this rant out:eek:

yep :banghead: .

Waynarfard, Like I said their products have always been great, and customer service used to be good but the past 8 months or so it has been shit. Bad enough to where I don't want to have to deal with it anymore.

I used bodybuilding.com before True Nutrition for years with no problem, a lot of their stuff is the "designer/name brand" products which are a whole lot more expensive than just the bulk products and stuff. I can get all the creatine, multi vitamins, amino acids, etc from bodybuilding.com but their formulas are all the BSN type brands that are way overpriced for what they contain.

Pretty much looking for a company that has good pre/post-workout mixtures with all the necessarry amino acids/creatine/carbs/etc. that saves me from having to put one scoop of this, one scoop of that, etc every time I hit the gym or go do cardio. Back in the day I used the NO-XPLODE and all that over priced crap (before I knew better).

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited:
I've ordered from True Nutrition on a monthly basis for a few years now.
I've never had an issue.
Mostly all custom mix stuff.

Last edited:
I stopped using them for the same reason. I gave up on custom mixes and just buy from a regular online supplement store. I'm much happier. I just get some whey iso, whatever else i need, wait a day or two, boom- delivered.

Sam...I will be perfectly honest with you. I stopped all protein powders, pre-workout supplements, post workout supplements etc,etc, . I eat food. There is absolutley no negative change in my strength, physique or anything else gym related. I save a considerable amount of money too!

Shame your not in the UK as we have loads of suppliers that are excellent. I hope you find your new home... always great when you first find that site you have never heard of before :D

I have a current order that wasnt shipped and it was 7 days since I placed it. Im going to add some more stuff to it so guess that is something good to come out of it.

I like peace of mind that what im ordering is what im getting, I will just allow more time for the next order

Looks like TN is a victim of their own popularity so hopefully they can get staff levels up to meet demand.

I used to love them too..

Dante was a HUGE help to me many years ago and I still like reading his posts and online info..I want to support him and Doug.. but ever since TP went to TN it just hasnt been the same..:confused:

Unfortunately....they seem to be too big to keep up, you really have to plan ahead when ordering with them these days. I love the products, when u can get them. Hope they get back to the service levels they previously offered, hard to beat the price/quality.

PS: is Ndure gone for good??

Personally always been happy with them. Shipping cost isn't cheap but that isn't their fault. It's based on location. As far as waiting for orders, never had that issue. Bottom line is every company is going to have screw ups once in a while, it's just bad luck really.

I've been having the same thing happen lately....it's been taking 10-12 business days...if it's in stock I don't see how that day it's put in a box and you receive it from California within 5-6 days.....I'm still ordering from them...they have the best supplements for the best price, just wish the customer service & shipping would get better....

Last edited:
anyone posted any actual alternative sites..? looking for some. ran thru all my dymatize

I completely agree with Tom. I stopped buying supplements a long time ago. I regret wasting so much money on that garbage. The supplement industry has everybody brainwashed. If people really knew how their protien powders were processed, I would be amazed if they still wanted to buy them

I understand

Please give them some time to sort this out.....they will be getting things in order. They are a great source and cheap........they have been here supporting us for a long time.

Sam...I will be perfectly honest with you. I stopped all protein powders, pre-workout supplements, post workout supplements etc,etc, . I eat food. There is absolutley no negative change in my strength, physique or anything else gym related. I save a considerable amount of money too!

Same here and I agree on all counts, except for the money saving issue... Having protein shakes here and there is a lot cheaper and less time consuming than having a good meal...

Dante was a HUGE help to me many years ago and I still like reading his posts and online info..I want to support him and Doug.. but ever since TP went to TN it just hasnt been the same..:confused:

I agree, now that you mention that, that's when I started having problems. It was always great before it changed to TN then it started taking forever to get my orders. I'm glad to know I am not the only one.

Phil, their products have always been great but I can't wait 4 weeks and still not have my products and be okay with that. If True Nutrition get's it together (AKA up's their staff/production/customer service) I would not be opposed to buying from them again, as I have used them for years with great success, but I don't like spending a lot of money on an order, waiting a long time, and being made promises that aren't kept.

I have gotten to where I only take supplements really for my workouts. I don't use protein powders hardly ever, but I like to supplement with amino acids, creatines, glutamine, maltodextrin/dextrose/carbs, etc when I lift to ensure all the building blocks I need are there. Plus I like a big old glass of amino-acids before my morning fasted cardio as well. That plus multi-vitamin/fish oil and EFAs is it. I swapped all my protein powders for more chicken breasts/eggs/etc. a while back and never regretted it.

Thanks for the help guys,
Sam

You may want to edit the BB dot com out of your post because a mod will just end up deleting this whole thread because they are not sponsors. I dont want to see that happen.

I have always been a fan of TN... 99% of the time I deal with them. I have noticed the last few time I been ordering that its been taking longer and longer to get even tho my orders are always the same products and amount. I only had to e-mail them once, I ordered a flavor of LBA and they sent me a different flavor. I questioned them about it and they pretty much said they have record of them sending what I ordered.....well it might have shown that sent the right flavor but I opened up the package and 3 of my LBA's were the wrong flavor. The invoice they sent along was right....but what was packed wasn't. This still didnt make me stop using them even tho I didnt feel as if I needed to be treated like I was some kinda liar trying to pull one over on them.

I to am interested in some other sites that sell bulk or where you can make some customs blends. If posting a link or a name is a issue then please shoot me PM with the info. I will still use TN and support them and the board but its always nice to have options!

Tom I am with you bro, I cut down the use of supps and even protein powder big time. I now only use it when I have to...when I am unable to eat a meal. I havent really noticed any difference in all other the a couple $100 bucks savings at the end of the month or whatever.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws