over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Always Add Proviron Into Your Cycle

Rider

Registered
Proviron is an interesting and often overlooked bodybuilding drug. It’s an orally active form of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and as such, a proviron cycle delivers all the good and all the bad that DHT has to offer the bodybuilder.

As for the good, DHT from a Proviron cycle is a pure androgen, but unlike testosterone, DHT doesn’t cause any water retention. DHT is what makes muscle “hard.” And it lowers SHBG (Sex hormone Binding Globulin) which prevents estrogen from forming. By preventing estrogen from forming, DHT can be used to prevent the aromatization of other steroids. This means that DHT from a proviron cycle can keep steroids in the testosterone family from converting to estrogen and causing in men estrogen related side effects like gynecomastia. DHT also contributes to erectile rigidity. All good stuff! There are drawbacks however, most notably prostate hypertrophy and hair loss. So one may say DHT is pure maleness.

n the past, DHT was regarded as the “bad” form of testosterone and there have been many products available to reduce it. For example, Proscar slows hair loss by reducing DHT, but it also lowers the desirable aspect, mentioned above, that DHT brings. One of the side effects of Proscar is possible impotence, so pick your poison.

So, we know DHT can be tricky and we know we need it. But, where does Proviron fall into the equation? Well, proviron can be a nice addition to any cycle for a variety of reasons. Since it lowers SHBG it allows for more total testosterone to become bioavailable. Up to 90% of testosterone, be it natural or administered, remains in a “bound” state (due to SHBG) rendering it useless for building muscle. Proviron releases more active testosterone into the bloodstream so you can get more of its benefits.

Proviron also works well as an anti estrogen, in fact, it’s superior to most traditional anti e’s such as Nolvadex because there is no rebound effect. Instead of removing estrogen, proviron prevents the formation of estrogen in the first place.

Proviron is excellent for contest preparation because it adds density and definition. You see, androgen receptors are found in your fat cells as well as muscle cells and DHT binds so well that there’s a distinct fat burning effect from its use.

Many people use Proviron in between cycles to maintain muscle gains and libido. However, DHT will not do much in regard to maintaining muscle. And as with any drug, a tolerance is developed over time so using Proviron to help a lagging libido will just add to further suppression once the use of the drug has ceased.

The main downside of Proviron is that since it contains no anabolic properties, it will not result in much muscle growth if used alone. It truly is a “kicker” to other steroids, most notably testosterone. And although it doesn’t cause water retention, it can increase blood pressure. DHT can also increase irritability if duration exceeds more than a few weeks.

There have recently been advances in natural alternatives to Proviron. Avenacosides have been shown to lower SHBG and to raise free testosterone by as much as 20%. Since Proviron is used mostly as an ancillary substance and does not have much of an effect of actual growth, more and more people are opting to go the natural route. Although Avenacosides won’t work quite as well, they are effective and can be used in conjunction with a lower dose of Proviron for an even more powerful muscle hardening/libido enhancing effect.

Dosage: avg 50-75mg per day
Edit/Delete Message

will the benefit of freeing test from SHBG apply to other steroids as well? like deca, eq, drol etc...

will the benefit of freeing test from SHBG apply to other steroids as well? like deca, eq, drol etc...

That's a very good question, Myosaurus. To be honest with you, I don't know the answer.

From my own experience, Proviron is very good to incorporate in one's cycle.
Honestly, I wouldn't cycle without it. Makes a drastic difference in one's physique, Imo. I'm not saying it adds muscle, it just gives you that crisp, clean look in the mirror provided your already lean. Just 50mg per day makes a difference!

A good extract of stinging nettle will also lower SHBG.

Great article there Rider! I just started adding proviron into my cycles on this last one and I can definitely tell a difference between with or without it.

Rider,

What do you think about using Proviron during PCT? Not in between cycles to maintain strength, as you mentioned in your post, but just to supplement the PCT regimen? Do you know if it helps or hinders recovery?

so what is the real differance between proviron and DHT? The reason i ask is i am currently on androgel which most people dont know but androgel has a much higher conversion to DHT than taking IM injections of testosterone. Especialy if you apply it to an area with more hair follicles. Its crazy but i have a huge conversion of androgel to DHT. I have been taking it for almost a year now and my physique is so much harder looking all the time than most of my buddys who also juice. Another thing i notice about transdermal compared to injections is the anxiety i get from it. I constantly get anxiety attacks on this stuff.

I think its so funny if you look at the androgel website it shows how dht barly even climbes on a comparison chart to injections. There is no way, i have heard of other guys haveing DHT levels 10x higher than maximum normal levels on androgel while there testosterone levels are still lower than normal range.

Now i just started injecting test cyp again and i plan on just taking a small dose of androgel for the DHT effects of it cause i like the way it keeps me hard not puffy like i usually am on even HRT doses of test cyp.

I guess my question is, would taking proviron be a better choice than using androgel for DHT conversion? Is proviron better for hair line and prostate than DHT?

its crap imo

does nothing and makes your hair shed

Rider,

What do you think about using Proviron during PCT? Not in between cycles to maintain strength, as you mentioned in your post, but just to supplement the PCT regimen? Do you know if it helps or hinders recovery?

Ok, I have experience with this, I've done it before, and personally I love it! Made pct much more bearable. Other will give me hell and disagree claiming it causes supression, but I found it to be worthwhile!
Just my own personal feeling, not trying to start a Pct war. :)

so what is the real differance between proviron and DHT? The reason i ask is i am currently on androgel which most people dont know but androgel has a much higher conversion to DHT than taking IM injections of testosterone. Especialy if you apply it to an area with more hair follicles. Its crazy but i have a huge conversion of androgel to DHT. I have been taking it for almost a year now and my physique is so much harder looking all the time than most of my buddys who also juice. Another thing i notice about transdermal compared to injections is the anxiety i get from it. I constantly get anxiety attacks on this stuff.

I think its so funny if you look at the androgel website it shows how dht barly even climbes on a comparison chart to injections. There is no way, i have heard of other guys haveing DHT levels 10x higher than maximum normal levels on androgel while there testosterone levels are still lower than normal range.

Now i just started injecting test cyp again and i plan on just taking a small dose of androgel for the DHT effects of it cause i like the way it keeps me hard not puffy like i usually am on even HRT doses of test cyp.

I guess my question is, would taking proviron be a better choice than using androgel for DHT conversion? Is proviron better for hair line and prostate than DHT?
You'll still have the side effects of hair loss, acne, etc.

some people already have low levels of SHBG no matter how much Test they use(me is a good example....had it tested many times),so what other benefits will i get from using it?

3,4-Divanillytetrahydrofuran

x2 on this. Although having taken both proviron and this extract I will note that ime proviron works better lol :D

Stinging Nettle Root needs to be taken at high doses with a high enough extract in order to be effective....Proviron is much more cost-effective..Also, many batches of SNR was exposed and tested out to be a very low extract percentage...

Ok, I have experience with this, I've done it before, and personally I love it! Made pct much more bearable. Other will give me hell and disagree claiming it causes supression, but I found it to be worthwhile!
Just my own personal feeling, not trying to start a Pct war. :)

In addition, here is an abstract stating that Proviron is not highly suppressive out of a dose of 150mg per day for 1 year!!!

"Only 85 men out of 250 showed any suppression. Proviron did not shut down the HPTA in any of the subjects and that was at 150mg for 1 year.

This study shows no effect on normal LH and FSH with 100-150mg/ d mesterolone, and decrease of FSH/LH that were elevated. Proviron doesn't substitute Clomid as hpta therapy, but doesn't get in the way, either.

The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men.

Varma TR, Patel RH.

Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, St. George's Hospital Medical School London, U.K.

Two hundred fifty subfertile men with idiopathic oligospermia (count less than 20 million/ml) were treated with mesterolone (100-150 mg/day) for 12 months. Seminal analysis were assayed 3 times and serum follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) luteinizing hormone (LH) and plasma testosterone were assayed once before treatment and repeated at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months after the initiation of treatment. One hundred ten patients (44%) had normal serum FSH, LH and plasma testosterone, 85 patients (34%) had low serum FSH, LH and low plasma testosterone. One hundred seventy-five patients (70%) had moderate oligospermia (count 5 to less than 20 million/ml) and 75 patients (30%) had severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million/ml). Seventy-five moderately oligospermic patients showed significant improvement in the sperm density, total sperm count and motility following mesterolone therapy whereas only 12% showed improvement in the severe oligospermic group. Mesterolone had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels but had depressing effect on 25% if the levels were elevated. There was no significant adverse effect on testosterone levels or on liver function. One hundred fifteen (46%) pregnancies resulted following the treatment, 9 of 115 (7.8%) aborted and 2 (1.7%) had ectopic pregnancy. Mesterolone was found to be more useful in patients with a sperm count ranging between 5 and 20 million/ml. Those with severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million) do not seem to benefit from this therapy".

PMID: 2892728 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

For what it is worth, aromasin (exemstane) is a stronger anti-estrogen and it supposedly lowers SHBG (IIRC, 20%-30%) without the androgenic sides.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear