over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alzheimer’s Prevention

I read an interesting article about a year ago where they had greater success with low dose DNP..like less that 50mg daily.
Yep. Insulin resistance is one leading indicator of the disease, unfortunately, at least in the 2nd type which is environmentally triggered.

I read an interesting article about a year ago where they had greater success with low dose DNP..like less that 50mg daily.

my buddy is in med school, and they refer to dementia and AD as 'type 3 diabetes"

so you might be on to something here

I had a relative who suffered from Alzheimer’s. I think it is one of the saddest diseases imo to see someone’s condition deteriorate so much that they don’t recognize their loved ones and can no longer do daily functions like use the bathroom, walk, or change their clothes.

I read there may be a link between Tren and the plaques that cause Alzheimer’s. That has kept me away from Tren.

Anyone know any good prevention? Supplements? I know bosewelia might be good for brain health.

Regular cardiovascular exercise, Cardio keeps circulation in the brain optimal and increases BDNF (substance that keeps brain and neurons healthy). Dementia and alzheimers are caused primarily by poor brain circulation and the amyloid plaque build up in the brain which destroys neurons.

HGH (and IGF you get from it). Decrease in IGF is believed to be a contributing factor to age related loss of cognition and brain shrinkage and GH secratagogues have been found to provide significant benefits in research and even trials in people.

Using TRT with optimal T and E2 may also confer a protective effect. (Higher Free T was correlated with lower risk of alzheimers in people who are genetically predisposed)

The tren study; take with grain of salt. Done in rodents AND remember, give these mice trenbolone (at doses many times higher than a person would use) also shuts down T, DHT and estradiol. All three hormones are important for brain health, so we also don't know what the outcome is when Estradiol/T/DHT are kept at physiological levels.

Finally; keep the brain active with hobbies or sports. Video games, puzzles, etc. The brain needs to be exercised just like muscles and the heart, otherwise you lose function overtime.

my buddy is in med school, and they refer to dementia and AD as 'type 3 diabetes"

so you might be on to something here

"Type 3 diabetes" theory is for alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers is just one type of dementia caused by amyloid plaque build up in the brain.

Other types of dementia are vascular dementia (caused by poor circulation and/or strokes) and parkinson's dementia, lewy body dementia, etc

It's believed that brain insulin and IGF resistance may contribute to neurodegeneration. (Glucose is the primary and most efficient fuel for brain cells). Centenarians (people who live to 100) and people who don't develop alzheimer's tend to have excellent insulin sensitivity and immune function. I've never met or seen a +100 year old that wasn't on the leaner/skinny side. (This tends to promote insulin sensitivity)

Do you think it's possible for Trenbolone to switch the APOE4 gene "on"?
Chris Hemsworth supposedly acquired the gene from BOTH his parents which according to what I've
read happens in about 5% of the population. Acquiring the gene from just one of your parents happens in about
15% of the population. It would be very interesting to know how often this genetic anomaly happens in
bodybuilders/powerlifters who use Tren in their cycles.

Just read this.

More hope in the near future. And boy oh boy do we need it. Such a devastating disease. And the thing is you can’t really do much about it 🙁.

But I am optimistic about the future.

A way to prevent it would be best. Reversing it second best. Third would be where seem to be now, slowing the onset.

Just read this.

More hope in the near future. And boy oh boy do we need it. Such a devastating disease. And the thing is you can’t really do much about it 🙁.

A way to prevent it would be best. Reversing it second best. Third would be where seem to be now, slowing the onset.

I read an article a long time ago about a guy who got it in his 40’s with a family. Such a sad story.

Just read this.

If this drug is effective by removing amyloid plaque buildup, then I think the beta amyloid theory does have pretty strong evidence indeed. Unless of course the plaque is a result of Alzheimer’s rather than the cause, but if so, it contributes to the cognitive decline either way.

Cardio.

Get you HR up often, LISS and HIIT.

I believe sleep is probably something that needs to be top notch. For instance you can have sleep apnea and not really know it. If you are able to getting a sleep study done is worth it for an investment in your health.

Google "Lilly recent Alzheimer's drug". That should give some hope.

Bendotiamine (a B1 that is modified for better absorption than straight thiamine) is being used as a supplement in early stage Alzheimer's and Parkinson"s.

Just looked that up, it comes back to the glucose metabolism again:

1683237235332.png

Great sleep, exercise, proper nutrition, magnesium, high dose NAC + Glycine, Pregnenolone, and optimal thyroid function are great ways to prevent alzheimers.

Anyone have thoughts on NAD slowing cognitive decline?

BTW: I asked my mom a few years ago who was about 80 at the time if she could pinpoint any commonalties between people, friends parents, etc. who have developed Alzheimer's and she said without hesitation that a lot of them had been pretty heavy drinkers at least some point in their lives.

Anyone have thoughts on NAD slowing cognitive decline?

BTW: I asked my mom a few years ago who was about 80 at the time if she could pinpoint any commonalties between people, friends parents, etc. who have developed Alzheimer's and she said without hesitation that a lot of them had been pretty heavy drinkers at least some point in their lives.
I’m fucked

to come out and say there are some sort of real answers to this would be misleading that said if one wanted to keep the brain healthy one might want to look into glutathione function and gse exchange.

there are lots of studies on nac and all sorts of mental issues. it seems to be quite effective.

gse and sod are super important factors in cell metabolism. the ability of cells in the brain to get rid of what is essentially waste seems to be key for cognitive function.

look into iscemia and breathing at depth to better understand this.
also touches on the keto stuff.

It's believed that brain insulin and IGF resistance may contribute to neurodegeneration. (Glucose is the primary and most efficient fuel for brain cells). Centenarians (people who live to 100) and people who don't develop alzheimer's tend to have excellent insulin sensitivity and immune function. I've never met or seen a +100 year old that wasn't on the leaner/skinny side. (This tends to promote insulin sensitivity)
This.

Skinny and old is definitely a thing. We know from research on longevity that a caloric intake just over starving is actually the best. So insane for all of us trying to over eat and grow our entire lives knowing that there are no LARGE 90 year olds walking around this earth. Insulin sensitivity, eating just enough to survive, etc is the path to staying alive as long as humanly possible.

I believe there is a clinically proven, FDA approved drug to slow the progression.
(Probably expensive as hell and may or may not be covered by insurance.)

Beyond that and including that, there are no guarantees and there is is no cure.

Very sad. A terrible disease.

Live and love each day as if it were your last because someday you are sure to be right.
my mom has been taking this for awhile, i do believe it is working to slow progression because her decline has been really really slow much slower than what i was expecting, it started about 6 years ago,

my mom has been taking this for awhile, i do believe it is working to slow progression because her decline has been really really slow much slower than what i was expecting, it started about 6 years ago,
Yea, my mother in law was taking one of them as well, but how do you know it is slowing the progression has always been my concern. But hey, can’t hurt might help I always say.

And our neighbor (he was a neonatal doctor) across the street just started taking one of these meds and his wife seems to think it is helping also.

For all of us I am cautiously optimistic moving forward, my fingers are crossed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131