over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Am I doing something wrong???

pdlittle01

Newbies
My first post on here because I figured I'd give it a shot.

Okay first, here's some of my background. I've been seriously training for almost 4 years(not the oh man i lift weights BRO bullshit. The I'm gonna be smart and train hard, and don't bother me, kind of serious). I started at 97lbs and now weigh about 186 or so(bf is around 12-14%). At this point my training is intense and high volume. My diet is good. My rest is good, but I haven't really gained weight in the past year... VERY frustrating as you can imagine. Although lots of people around me say I'm getting bigger, I just don't see it... I suppose I am my own worse enemy haha. But the scale doesn't lie, that's all I know. I do see some muscle composition changes which is really the one thing keeping me going i guess... anyways...

Here's what I'm doing right now...
Keep in mind my carbs aren't super high just because i have put priority on my protein intake, and after 8-10oz of chicken, I'm usually pretty full...
Also this is just a baseline, i know my carbs are relatively low, so if I'm a little more hungry I add in more carbs pre workout.

Diet:
Meal 1- Whey 48g protein and 1/2 cup of oats 27g carbs.
Meal 2- 8-10oz chicken with 1 cup white rice and 2tblsp olive oil
Meal 3- 8-10oz Chicken and 2tblsp olive oil
Meal 4- 8-10oz chicken with 1 cup white rice and 2tblsp olive oil
Post Workout- Shake with 50-60g protein, and 80g sugar.
Meal 5- 8oz chicken
Meal 6-Whey 48g protein.

the above meals change very little, except, as i mentioned, when I am able to add more carbs in.

Training split:
Monday-Chest(tris every other week)
Tuesday-Back(bis every other week, deads on the opposite weeks I don't train bis on this day)
Weds-Quads/Hams/Calves
Thurs-Shoulders/Traps
Fri-Arms
Sat-Off
Sun-off(every other week low intensity cardio 45-60minutes)

Supplements:
CoQ10
Vit C
Fish Oil
B complex
750mg cyp ew and 1mg of arimidex every 3 days. (That dosage is on the higher end for me personally, but anything lower than that I see VERY little to no changes)

I will say at night its difficult to shut my brain off and therefore fall asleep to get quality sleep, but i still get 7-8 hours a night, and i'll usually take a hour or two nap during the day.

whew, i think that's everything

I think mainly it's mentally getting to me right now. I just need reassurance I'm doing this right and if not, what am I doing wrong?

IS THERE SOMETHING I'M MISSING? SOMETHING OBVIOUS I JUST DON'T SEE?? Any feedback is much appreciated.

1. The scale DOES lie

2. If you aren't gaining weight, eat more!

If you don't want to add the carbs then up the fat!

It is a matter of calories, brother.

I would guess that you are very much an ectomorph. If this is the case you are not eating nearly enough. Eat until you can't eat any longer. Eat every hour. Your body obviously needs calories. POUND THE FOOD NON STOP.

I have preached this countless times in the past to people that are exactly like you. Most of the time it falls on def ears and they still don't eat enough.. Plus your gear is too high in my opinion.

1. The scale DOES lie

2. If you aren't gaining weight, eat more!

If you don't want to add the carbs then up the fat!

It is a matter of calories, brother.

Thanks for the response.
I mean my fats are right around 27% at 100-125g. Aren't carbs the real energy source your body really wants to facilitate growth?

I would guess that you are very much an ectomorph. If this is the case you are not eating nearly enough. Eat until you can't eat any longer. Eat every hour. Your body obviously needs calories. POUND THE FOOD NON STOP.

I have preached this countless times in the past to people that are exactly like you. Most of the time it falls on def ears and they still don't eat enough.. Plus your gear is too high in my opinion.

I've been down that road of eating every hour. I don't believe that gives your body enough time to digest your food. Don't have to worry about falling on deaf ears here man haha I would murder someone to be at my goal, so I'll do what it takes. Thanks for the response

Well you are actually contradicting yourself here....."I am not growing......I don't need to eat more"...

OK

And if your not growing then yes your body is using all that food easily.....and wanting more. But to each their own.

Last edited:
if you are having a hard time getting all your food in then you need to use more calorie dense food , its alot easier to eat an extra 1000 cals a day from added fats like beef and whole eggs than from rice and oats!!

cut your carbs back some in each meal to say 1/2 cup of rice
instead of eating just 8-10 chicken eat 6oz chicken 4oz 80% ground beef or 4 whole eggs with the chicken.
in meal 5 add 8oz sweet potatoes
in meal 6 add two tablespoons almond butter

that will add alot more calories and even less volume possibly allowing you to eat more food.

try differant carbs , try sweet potatoes for a week rather than rice see if your body likes somthing else

Well you are actually contradicting yourself here....."I am not growing......I don't need to eat more"...

OK

And if your not growing then yes your body is using all that food easily.....and wanting more. But to each their own.

I never even typed "I don't need to eat more" or even stated I don't need to eat more in any other form, but thanks for drawing your own conclusions.

if you are having a hard time getting all your food in then you need to use more calorie dense food , its alot easier to eat an extra 1000 cals a day from added fats like beef and whole eggs than from rice and oats!!

cut your carbs back some in each meal to say 1/2 cup of rice
instead of eating just 8-10 chicken eat 6oz chicken 4oz 80% ground beef or 4 whole eggs with the chicken.
in meal 5 add 8oz sweet potatoes
in meal 6 add two tablespoons almond butter

that will add alot more calories and even less volume possibly allowing you to eat more food.

try differant carbs , try sweet potatoes for a week rather than rice see if your body likes somthing else

Awesome idea! Thanks man. Never thought of that.

Thanks for the response.
I mean my fats are right around 27% at 100-125g. Aren't carbs the real energy source your body really wants to facilitate growth?

their are no such things as "esential carbs , your body does not NEED them , it runs on them more effeciently and they do allow muslce to fill more easly , but if you cant get in enough calories to grow then you need to eat the things that are esential to muscle growth

Shit if you could stomach it just add 3 whole eggs to each meal , that would be an extra 1200 cals!!

Good luck man.

I've been down that road of eating every hour. I don't believe that gives your body enough time to digest your food. Don't have to worry about falling on deaf ears here man haha I would murder someone to be at my goal, so I'll do what it takes. Thanks for the response

Make sure they are bigger than you and eat them!

try differant foods , everybody digest stuff differantly , if i ate 2 cups of rice in a day that would be like eating foam peanuts , i dont process them well , i though carbs mad me fat untill i started eating alot more fruit and yams

Calculate your total calories, protien, fat, and carbs for the whole day and see what you come up with, I have the same problem, post your totals and lets see how much you are eating

try differant foods , everybody digest stuff differantly , if i ate 2 cups of rice in a day that would be like eating foam peanuts , i dont process them well , i though carbs mad me fat untill i started eating alot more fruit and yams

Really? that's interesting. I will experiment with some different carbs. I have been very conservative when eating certain carbs, i suppose I should just try some new things

Calculate your total calories, protien, fat, and carbs for the whole day and see what you come up with, I have the same problem, post your totals and lets see how much you are eating

I have an app and I do everyday.. Like yesterday I had:
4337 calories
128g fat
214g carbs
418g protein

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views