over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Am I getting enough vegitables ??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was questioned about whay I was not eating more veggies in my daily meal and figured that I'd ask you guys to see what you thought about my current diet , it does vary a little from day to day but very little , its reduced about 700-800 calories on the days I don't train due to the pre and post workout shake being much smaller.

5:00 - 8 egg whites-2 whole eggs , 2oz LBA's , 1/4 cup oatmeal mixed with
one fat free container of yogurt (70g-P,35g-C,10g-F)

7:30- Shake, 2 scoops whey , 2oz LBA's 1/2 cup oatmeal (68gr-P,30g-C,2g-F)

10:00 - 8oz chicken , 1/2 cup brown rice , 1 cup broccoli topped with 10cc
extra virgin olive oil (55g-P,28g-C,16g-F)

12:30 - 2 cans Tuna , 1 can asparagas (60g-P,9g-C,4g-F)

3:00 - Shake , 1 scoop whey , 4oz LBA's ,1 cup oatmeal (64g-P,56g-C,4g-F)

4:00 - training 60 min weights , 30 min cardio

5:30 - shake , 2 scoops whey , 3oz LBA's , 80g WMS (92g-P,80g-C,3g-F)

6:30 - 6oz Top sirlion , 2 cups broccoli , (51g-P,9g-C,12g-F)

9:00 - Shake , 2 scoops Micellar Casein , 2 oz LBA's (70g-P,0g-C,0g-F)

To my figuring this is about 3500 cals give or take and its close to 55%Protein , 30%Carbs , 15%Fat , ratio

I'm currently not taking any anabolics and im at 265-270lbs , 6'2" , 10%-12%bf , 32yrs old and I stay pretty active so its below my maintaince cals for the day but at the same time ist alot of food , I'm not sure I could add in any more vegitables and maintain my marco ratio.
I'm not bulking or dieting so to speek just maintaining through the end of the month

So what do you guys think , their 3 cups of broccoli and one whole can of asparagas in their.
I take a multi-V and fiber every day as well as 9g Omega 3-9's a day via caps , 1000mg Milk Thistle , Zinc , 1000mg Vit-C and 100mg DHEA

Last edited:
yes, its enough

How you choke down 10 eggs, a yogurt, oatmeal, and some lba's at 5 am is beyond me. I almost wretched this morning with about half that much food. The veggies look good, though... 3 cups of broccoli and a can of asparagus seems like 4 servings, to me... which is in the neighborhood of what they recommend. I will tell you this, I had about 4 cups of broccoli and green peas last night and it hit me pretty good.

How you choke down 10 eggs, a yogurt, oatmeal, and some lba's at 5 am is beyond me. I almost wretched this morning with about half that much food. The veggies look good, though... 3 cups of broccoli and a can of asparagus seems like 4 servings, to me... which is in the neighborhood of what they recommend. I will tell you this, I had about 4 cups of broccoli and green peas last night and it hit me pretty good.

im up at 4 , shower get dressed and making food for the day and breakfast by 4:45 , the eggs are microwave scrambled , the oats are mixed in the yogurt and the LBA's are mixed in the first liter of water of the day , chock it down and off to work for 5:30

i don't eat any

i hate every vegatable on the face of the earth. i get my nutrients mostly from meal replacment packs. been doing this for many years with no problems. maybe i'm still rebelling from my mom trying to force feed me veggies when i was a kid....

I like them don't get me wrong but they add alot of volume and it makes eating this many meals alot harder to do , I will go a couple days somtimes where I'll cut out my carbs and eat just greens instead getting maybe only 50-60g of carbs a day but thats only a day or two , I started to crave them so I eat the hell out of them for a few days. I haven't done that in about 5 months though , I may do that once a week , just a red meat and salad day.

I get on a kick from time to time where I'll eat one kind of vegitale for weeks then get burned out on it and move to another , broccoli is easy to prepair and reasonably cheap.

That is definately enough veggies daily. I myself eat broccoli all the time with most of my meals.

It looks like your close to me,,,if in doubt add some V8 1-2x per day.

I diden't even think about V-8 juice , I drink a few of those a week just for cramps , I think I'm fine then

i hate every vegatable on the face of the earth.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.. I like corn and potatoes, a few carrots in a soup, that's all I can think of.. I do LOVE just about every fruit tho..

fruit

I'm pretty much in the same boat.. I like corn and potatoes, a few carrots in a soup, that's all I can think of.. I do LOVE just about every fruit tho..

now fruit is a different story... yum. but if you can count potatoes as a veggie then i guess i like one. in particular i like garlic mashed but how healthy are those if you're trying to stay lean...

I think your doing pretty good IMO. You are sure doing better than the average joe, but then again we are trying to be anything but average. I personally get veggies in once or twice a day tops. Its the one area that I really do need to work on.

id say you were getting plenty. i would say as long as some1 eats 3 portions of veg a day then they are good to go with some fruit chucked in.

I eat 100g broccoli or green beans 4/5 x per day. it ads a bit of bulk to meals.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131