over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Am I on the verge of tearing my pec?!

BULK_CITY

Registered
Worked chest yesterday. It was the first day of my new routine (previoulsly I did DC training which was 1 rest pause set), which was 5 heavy sets of 5 on incline barbell press. Everything felt fine. Warmed up plenty, including rotator cuffs, like I always do. Felt fine the entire workout (no more chest work) and after.

About 1 hr after my workout whenever I moved my left arm across my body and exerted force, my left pec would start to spasm. If I kept exerting force in this position it felt like it would cramp so I tried using my left arm as little as possible. This lasted about 4 hours then I went to bed. I had to be very careful about not exerting any force with my left arm/pec.

The day after (today) my entire chest is sore like it usually is whenever i have a chest day. Nothing unusual with my left pec or anything. No spasms when I move it like I did yesterday.

I'm wondering if this is just a muscle spasm/cramp or is my pec in danger of being torn?

It sounds like you might have "pulled" it pretty ard. I have done this with abot every muscle in my body over the years. I get that spasm in it and some weird twitching. None of these minor muscle tears have ever turned into a ull blown rupture. It seems like it is just a small bundle of fibers that had an injury.

Rest and ice and maybe some ibuphrofin will help as it heals. expect anywhere from a week to 6 weeks as it heals depending on it's severity.

Oh yea....drink plenty of H2O!

5 weeks ago I was training chest and on rep 14 with 315 lbs, barbell bench, I felt a tight and hard pull in my upper right pec in front of the armpit. Racked the weight and had to stop training chest. Felt this 3 times many years ago when benching 405 before a powerlifting meet. Those times I took a week or two off and was right back into it.

Well, after this I took two weeks off as my pec was still sore the next week, and VERY tight. After the two weeks off I warmed up and it felt good so I worked back up to 315 and on rep number 9 my right pec tore exactly where it had been tight and sore... SUCKS... My spotter even heard it tear, not fun.

I think you are feeling something much less severe than what I suffered but I would advise everyone to be extra careful when a muscle spasms, is extra sore, or extra tight or pulled feeling. Neither time was I near failing either, I was repping out still at a normal good speed and RIP there she blew. Be careful, stretch out while training and let it heal! Good luck bro.

ive usually had that spasm happen after a strain...like a bicep or pec. my advice would be to just take off from chest for a while just to be safe. and 5 reps that sounds dangerous for flat or incline, thats how i hurt my pec doing very low reps like that with heavy weight. now i do 12 minimum for chest.

ive usually had that spasm happen after a strain...like a bicep or pec. my advice would be to just take off from chest for a while just to be safe. and 5 reps that sounds dangerous for flat or incline, thats how i hurt my pec doing very low reps like that with heavy weight. now i do 12 minimum for chest.

I 100% agree. If you have to ask and have concern then let it rest and stay away from barbell stuff for a while, especially heavy.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws