over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Am I overtraining?

Last edited:
by your logic if i ate 20,000 calories per day 7 days a week and slept 14 hours a day i could train 20 times per week balls to the wall

Yes you could. You muscles would recover. Your CNS however would not. So if you don't go above 90% of your max you would still make gains. If you do max effort singles your CNS would be fired and your max would actually lower.

Yes you could. You muscles would recover. Your CNS however would not. So if you don't go above 90% of your max you would still make gains. If you do max effort singles your CNS would be fired and your max would actually lower.

You dont need to go to 90% of your max to tap into your central neveros system ,,, if you even go 75% your max and hit x amount of reps where you fail you will have taxed your cns ,, and also for everyone cns stress is different for everyone so that is an invalid statement...

THe best thing for you to do is re-design your training split. Factor at least one if not two days where there is no resistance training. Use this time for other recreation and not only will you physically feel better, your cns and your mental/emotional responses will be healthier as well.

Peace to you,
M2M :cool:

Train HARDER! You will not want, nor even be capable of training with that kind of frequency. Doing half-assed sets just for the sake of training, accomplishes nothing in terms of stimulating growth, and merely drains precious recovery ability. Training is supposed to be a STIMULUS....yours appears to be more of a HABIT.

NO, you are NOT overtraining--unless you are under-EATING and under-SLEEPING! ;)

You can train each body part twice per week or even more, but you can't have ALL heavy days, which is fine. I've discovered that training a muscle while it is SORE with moderate/light weight actually promotes recovery and protein synthesis within the muscle and is a great way to gain mass.

Again, EAT BIG and SLEEP WELL if you are going to train that hard. I commend you though for being so dedicated in a time when everyone is brainwashed in to thinking that BUSTING THEIR ASS is "overtraining".:lightbulb:

Agreed with this. Intensity (the % of max used), and volume needs to be regulated but you can certianly train every day and progress as long as you have everything in order. That includes keeping stress down out of the gym, sleeping well (getting deep sleep that is actually restorative not crappy sleep), eating good food to fuel the training and recovery.

THere are many areas where people train this often and still do just fine and progress and have great physiques. Many people sell themselves short on what their body can adapt to. ONce your body is adapted to that much volume and frequency it will be fine. But when someone jumps form lower volume and frequency many times they will not give their body long enough to adapt. They will jump ship because they feel their body cant take. If they were to push through and continue blasting workouts they would find that in reality their body can take the punishment rebuild and become strong and bigger.

NO, you are NOT overtraining--unless you are under-EATING and under-SLEEPING! ;)

You can train each body part twice per week or even more, but you can't have ALL heavy days, which is fine. I've discovered that training a muscle while it is SORE with moderate/light weight actually promotes recovery and protein synthesis within the muscle and is a great way to gain mass.

Again, EAT BIG and SLEEP WELL if you are going to train that hard. I commend you though for being so dedicated in a time when everyone is brainwashed in to thinking that BUSTING THEIR ASS is "overtraining".:lightbulb:

Ross, you asked me this the other day (not as a question but maybe just more to prove your point to someone else) , and i gave you the same answer.

listen to your body..sometimes you might feel not well or sick and that may be your body telling you that you need some extra rest. You're not going to wither away if you miss a day at the gym.

If you're not making gains something is wrong..don't assume it's over training. it could be your diet, it could be your sleep, it could be your training or it could even be a yet to be discover health issue you're having.

hell maybe you just need to switch around your split. if you're doing the same shit everyday in the gym..obviously your body is going to eventually adapt and you won't be seeing the same results. just make sure you're challenging yourself and not just going through the motions. it doesn't matter how many days a week you goto the gym; it matters what you do on those days that you go and how you do it.

Last edited:
OP how do you feel physically, mentally, and how is your gym and physique progress?

personally i could never train back or chest optimally unless i gave them 5-6 days rest

You dont need to go to 90% of your max to tap into your central neveros system ,,, if you even go 75% your max and hit x amount of reps where you fail you will have taxed your cns ,, and also for everyone cns stress is different for everyone so that is an invalid statement...

Nope, you can use sub max as much as you want, Westside does in the Rep method
**broken link removed**
And if you don't go to a true max, you can do that every day too.
T NATION | Max Out on Squats Every Day

Louie Simmoins and John Broz know more about strength training than just about any person on the planet.

your training routine doesn't really make much sense

how can you train arms with intensity and then train back and chest right after?

you know that your arms are trained when you train back and chest right?[/QUOT

of course i do. but my arms overpower my back and chest and take over on a lot of my motions, like i said i do have some days off i.e. when i have my daughter for 2 days in a row i dont go to the gym.

i guess i came from the old school where there was no such thing as overtraining but im getting older and starting to think my workouts are not as beneficial as they used to be, in turn im sure im hindering my gains by going almost every day but like i said im hooked, always have been, and was not blessed with the greatest genetics out there, but fuck genetics thats why theres science and aas.

Train HARDER! You will not want, nor even be capable of training with that kind of frequency. Doing half-assed sets just for the sake of training, accomplishes nothing in terms of stimulating growth, and merely drains precious recovery ability. Training is supposed to be a STIMULUS....yours appears to be more of a HABIT.

dont be fooled im no slouch in the gym. i give 110 every time. usually by the next time a bodypart comes around its still a little tender - sore still but i go over and kill it again. but i totally agree this is a habit none the less. but habits are hard to break.

All I know is that I went from a similar routine like yours to one Phil had me do and I grew bigger and got a lot stronger doing less work! Phil's routine was real simple and was actually something I had done many many years prior to that time when I wasnt as "seasoned" a bodybuilder. Sometimes you have to get back to the roots of things. I felt at first doing that routine would make me lose size and strength since it looked like a "beginner's routine", but low and behold I grew strong so fast that I ended up with a few minor strains and had to slow myself down and not add weight so fast!

I was overtraining, and had been for years. My advice is to do a different routine for at least 3 months or so and give it some time. Make minor adjustments as you go along and see if you dont grow better. In the long run 2 or 3 months is nothing to the scale of a lifetime and it is certainly worth you checking out different routines. You might end up like me and make some great progress.

Do a 3 day split and train each bodypart 2x per week, do calves 4x a week. Decrease the volume of your exercises and sets since youll be working several body parts each day.

I'll try this one more time.

One Warrior Nation - YouTube

LOL good one...listen it is funning seeing these guys write pages full of shit about overtraining...CNS... etc.. Like ross also said earlier... if your getting ENOUGH FOOD and ENOUGH SLEEP you can train everyday. I've also seen chris aceto say it " if training one body part a day... with enough food & rest you can train everday". And look I've seen guys doing hard physical labor work 6 days a week...like a full body workout everday... get off work and also hit the gym and still blow up!!!! the key is food & rest. take one of those away and you will wear down.

LOL good one...listen it is funning seeing these guys write pages full of shit about overtraining...CNS... etc.. Like ross also said earlier... if your getting ENOUGH FOOD and ENOUGH SLEEP you can train everyday. I've also seen chris aceto say it " if training one body part a day... with enough food & rest you can train everday". And look I've seen guys doing hard physical labor work 6 days a week...like a full body workout everday... get off work and also hit the gym and still blow up!!!! the key is food & rest. take one of those away and you will wear down.

A shit load of gear don't hurt either. I trained pretty hard natural for alot of years and I can remember staying sore for sometimes longer than a whole week, sometimes after a brutal leg day I couldn't walk for almost a week without serious pain. But since using aas I heal in like two days max no matter how hard I train a bodypart.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131