over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AM lifting and PM LISS

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know this is bass ackwards, but I love Early lifting sessions with just 20g EAAS 5g glutamine and whatever stimulant and an empty gym. Low volume DC style

Anyone do LISS in the evening? I'll be on low carbs these days. 70g total coming mostly from veggies

In my experience cardio timing is not that important as long as you get it in. Sure faster morning cardio might be slightly better but it will come down to duration more than anything

But I do try to time cardio to be right before a meal, not right after

Last edited:
In my experience cardio timing is not that important as long as you get it in. Sure faster morning cardio might be slightly better but it will come down to duration more than anything

Many thanks for your input goal. I'll be able to get a few fasted sessions in, but after work, the commute, I just don't have a lot of gas for big bodyparts but I could easily slog away on the treadclimber.

Last edited:
Don't think it's backwards. Many people do it. Cardio after last meal has similar effects to fasted cardio.

I used to prefer evening lifting, but nowadays I've been hitting the gym around 10am and loving it. I eat breakfast around 7:30 and visit the toilet by 8:30 or so. Empty tummy and bowels is what works best for me.

Then after gym I eat a nutritious lunch and off to work.

This. I used to think that fasted AM was the be-all, end-all...but after a few years of working with John Meadows and getting into my best shape every time out, I think it's important to DO it...splitting hairs over when is picking pepper out of gnat shit.

Been doing it this way for years. I feel stronger lifting in the AM and the gym isn't as packed. Cardio at night is relaxing and helps me sleep better too.

I'm really enjoying it. Train before work, hectic work day, then just throw on some tunes and walk.

Before I'd have to try and get mentally prepared for a lift session after work and it was tough

I just didn't know how effective it was, as many do fasted cardio

Don't think it's backwards. Many people do it. Cardio after last meal has similar effects to fasted cardio.

I used to prefer evening lifting, but nowadays I've been hitting the gym around 10am and loving it. I eat breakfast around 7:30 and visit the toilet by 8:30 or so. Empty tummy and bowels is what works best for me.

Then after gym I eat a nutritious lunch and off to work.

Lol no, fasted cardio in the AM is the hands down best way to drop body fat. How can fasted cardio be similar to cardio after you've eaten all day?

I mean fasted.... no amino acids just some coffee or caffeine yohimbine hcl or whatever fat burners someone is using. Fasted interval cardio for 15 minutes works wonders.

I think off season low intensity cardio at any point in the day is fine just to keep metabolic rate up and use any extra calories

Cardio after a meal is just fine. Actually Stan Efferding in one of his Rhino rants says ten minutes of cardio post meal increases insulin sensitivity.

Peoples strength usually peaks in the afternoon and the CNS fires off better after being up for a while. I always lift better after taking in some fuel a couple of times.

liss isnt really cardio.
liss is aerobic conditioning, or meant to be. fat burning zone. done for longer periods. up to 75% max heart rate, but best round 70.
really the only zones to be in are that and then 85+, as in hit, for a much shorter time.
inbetween those and it will burn cals but at the expense of recovery and muscle

I do IF and noticed lifting while fasted wears me down fast, especially doing heavy compounds

Cardio however is just great during that time frame

So I do lifting in the evening after eating all day that way I can go heavier

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member