over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AM/PM training thoughts ?

TheMountain117

Newbies
Lately I've been having a lot of trouble putting on enough work in for all bodyparts. I went from a 4-way split to training 6x week, with one day off, but I've been getting hammered and hammered each session and usually I'm exhausted before I even get half-way through the session, not to mention powo and morning cardio which have been a pain in the ass to get done, and frankly I think cardio is getting me nowhere ( been trying to lean down)

For example: Wednesday is Legs day. If I start with hams I won't be able to do quads with enough intensity, if I start with quads I won't be able to do hams with enough intensity and so on....

I've been actually thinking about doing AM/PM sessions, that way I can cut out cardio once and for all and split up the work so I can get shit done easier. That way I can also up the frequency on bodyparts that need work.

For exemple:

Normally I'd do:

Mon: AM Chest/PM Shoulders
Tues: AM Back/PM Arms
Wed: AM Quads/ PM Hams
Thurs: Off
Fri: AM Arms/PM Calves and Abs
Sat: Chest
Sun: Back

This doesn't leave much room to a precise split (one would need to adjust the split every week to avoid overlap ). I am also thinking using a lower number of sets per bodypart because of the higher frequency to avoid overtraining.

Does anyone have any thoughts/insights/ideas ?

I don't see how it is necessary. More training does not equal better results. You seem like you are training too much going 6 days per week and twice a day sometimes. Try doing less and you may be surprised at the results

I agree with Alpha.

If im cutting/recomping I opt for cardio in AM, and lifting in PM. Thats about only time I really feel the need personally to split it up.

dont have time to go to the gym twice a day

Lately I've been having a lot of trouble putting on enough work in for all bodyparts. I went from a 4-way split to training 6x week, with one day off, but I've been getting hammered and hammered each session and usually I'm exhausted before I even get half-way through the session, not to mention powo and morning cardio which have been a pain in the ass to get done, and frankly I think cardio is getting me nowhere ( been trying to lean down)

For example: Wednesday is Legs day. If I start with hams I won't be able to do quads with enough intensity, if I start with quads I won't be able to do hams with enough intensity and so on....

I've been actually thinking about doing AM/PM sessions, that way I can cut out cardio once and for all and split up the work so I can get shit done easier. That way I can also up the frequency on bodyparts that need work.

For exemple:

Normally I'd do:

This doesn't leave much room to a precise split (one would need to adjust the split every week to avoid overlap ). I am also thinking using a lower number of sets per bodypart because of the higher frequency to avoid overtraining.

would never go to the gym 2 times in a day. i have better things to do. go once and go home and rest and eat!
-JS

Guys I'm not talking about doing two long sessions two times a day.

I'm talking about being smart with it and breaking up one big session into two smaller ones, so I end up doing two very quick sessions twice a day, thus giving the metabolism a big boost at two separate times during the day ( same effect as if I did morning cardio and pm training )

To better put into words what I'm trying to say is:

My current leg day is:

- Lying hammy 3sets 12-15 reps
- Deep squats 6 sets 6 reps
- Hacks 2 sets 8-12 reps
- Belt Squats 1 set 20-30 reps
- Russian Leg curls 4 set 8-12 reps
- SLDL's 3 sets 8 reps

Applying he AM/PM idea I'm talking about it would look like:

AM:
- Deep Squats 6x6
- Hacks 2x8-12
- Belt squats 1x20-30

Go home, eat, get some rest, then:

PM:

Lying Hammy 3x12-15
SLDLS 4x8

So the basic idea is splitting up bodyparts/volume during the day so I can rest, recover and not wind up catabolic doing one big session a day. Not doing two different sessions the same day.

And no I don't have anything else better to do. I own the gym and I can train after closing hours if I want to. I love lifting and I actually prefer to be training than to be sitting my fat ass at home playing video games or watching TV.

Last edited:
I see a lot of overlap and not alot of recovery there.

I'm talking about being smart with it and breaking up one big session into two smaller ones, so I end up doing two very quick sessions twice a day, thus giving the metabolism a big boost at two separate times during the day ( same effect as if I did morning cardio and pm training )

My current leg day is:

- Hacks 2 sets 8-12 reps
- SLDL's 3 sets 8 reps

AM:
- Deep Squats 6x6
- Hacks 2x8-12
- Belt squats 1x20-30

PM:

Lying Hammy 3x12-15
SLDLS 4x8

So the basic idea is splitting up bodyparts/volume during the day so I can rest, recover and not wind up catabolic doing one big session a day. Not doing two different sessions the same day.

And no I don't have anything else better to do. I own the gym and I can train after closing hours if I want to. I love lifting and I actually prefer to be training than to be sitting my fat ass at home playing video games or watching TV.

You ask a question...You were answered by one of the biggest leanest guys on the site..and then u argue and say shit like "I'd rather b training than playing video games" and act like they don't understand u... way to go champ lol

My current leg day is:

- Hacks 2 sets 8-12 reps
- SLDL's 3 sets 8 reps

AM:
- Deep Squats 6x6
- Hacks 2x8-12
- Belt squats 1x20-30

PM:

Lying Hammy 3x12-15
SLDLS 4x8

You're still taxing your CNS when you're at the gym each time....You're breaking up a long workout into 2 shorter ones but if you're going balls out then you're doing that twice a day....I can't see how you WOULDN'T be overtraining, especially with only one day of rest......

Two 45 minute weight training sessions followed by a half hour of cardio changes my body so fast while cutting...can't beat it. Make sure to not over do the amount of sets while lifting

You're still taxing your CNS when you're at the gym each time....You're breaking up a long workout into 2 shorter ones but if you're going balls out then you're doing that twice a day....I can't see how you WOULDN'T be overtraining, especially with only one day of rest......

yep... i agree a 100% ...
OP .. You are over trained RIGHT NOW ..that is why you run out of energy 1/2 way through .. if you split the load in half ..yet your volume remains the same

that still equals over trained,
instead ..try dropping your volume in half.

so half the quad work ,,,half the ham work ..and you wont feel totally beat up when you leave the gym.. the gym is to stimulate ..and occasionally annihilate... out of the gym allows recover

I think you're overthinking this whole training thing... Just lift some heavy ass weight.

You ask a question...You were answered by one of the biggest leanest guys on the site..and then u argue and say shit like "I'd rather b training than playing video games" and act like they don't understand u... way to go champ lol

I'm sorry I didn't meant to come off that way. I don't post on this board nor on other boards much so I don't have the hang of posting and comming off the right way. Sorry about that.

So I figured I should post my reasoning behind all this, perhaps someone can shed some light into it. Once again sorry about how I sounded in my last post, it wasn't my intention.

So basically some personal info as I might be comming off as a total newb. I have trained for most of my time for strongman, as you guys now we are not strangers to using a shitload of volume. I made the switch to bodybuilding because I suck at strongman. I have been doing a variety of routines over the years, mostly I train 6x week because I hate sitting around idle doing nothing and hitting the weights allows me to cool off ( I have a history of drug use and I don't like to sit around doing nothing because my mind starts to turn to other places and I start having bad ideas ). I've done a variety of routines, DC Training, BBB, Max-OT, for my strongman days I basically did my own stuff.

So I never had the problem of getting winded during training sessions, I'd usually go in, do my stuff, get out in 1-2 hours max. Now I do a squat and my lower back starts cramping up, it seems as if I've ran a marathon and I can't do anything else. What usually took 1-2 hours now takes it up to 3 hours.

So I started figuring out what the hell I could do about it. I already train 6x week. I reduced the number of sets I did. I went to a doc and got my bloodwork checked. I upped my macros. I took a month off and slept 12 hours a day. I added intro-wo shakes to keep my glycogen storages up/fight off catabolism and so on. Nothing seemed to be helping.

So I eventually figured "Hey what if I took this session, split the overall work into two smaller ones while limiting my number of work sets to a small amount, and having an 8 hour window between training session, where I'd eat my ass off and remain anabolic, and at the same time allowing some recovery to take place ? And simultaneously removing cardio once and for all while still doing what I enjoy and having to big spikes in my metabolism during the day to cause fat loss. Aren't the bulgarians doing this and having sucess ? What if I adapted their principles to bodybuilding in a way to avoid overtraining ?"

So in resume:

A) Splitting up the workload so I have a big recovery window between sessions

B) Using both sessions as a way to stimulate my appetite and induce anabolism through calloric intake.

C) Using a limited number of sets per bodypart (5-6 sets) while slightly upping the frequency.

D)Having two separate sessions where I can focus on one muscle and nail down the required intensity to each muscle group instead of focusing mostly on one dominant bodypart and neglecting the other due to exhaustion.

E)Eliminate the need for LISS or HIIT for fat loss.

That's about it.

But someone mentioned CNS fatique, this sparked my curiosity, how would a long session compare to two smaller quicker ones in relation to CNS fatique ? Would the recovery window between the AM/PM sessions be irrelevant in this case ?

Last edited:
Two 45 minute weight training sessions followed by a half hour of cardio changes my body so fast while cutting...can't beat it. Make sure to not over do the amount of sets while lifting

THIS ^^^

Training almost every day (Sundays and sometimes Wed off) and at least 2 times a week 2 times a day, just yesterday did chest/calves am and back/abs pm chest - 15 sets, calves - 12 sets back - 15 sets abs - 20 sets...by the way did back/chest on Tuesday too (1 pm workout), today is my 5th training day stright, am cardio pm arms 15-biceps 15-triceps 12 sets for calves. Am I overtraining? NO! I'm growing, getting stronger and getting leaner, because I'm eating 4000-5000+ cals clean food. Am I on tons of stuff? NO! 50mg test/50mg npp/50mg winny eod but taking lots of hgh stuff (ipamorelin+ghrp2 with cjc dac followed by hgh 4-5 times daily ed).

This is the best I've ever looked and the strongest - hit PR's on most exercises

defenintly over thinking it bro. your OVERTRAINING. plain and simple. i have done a very similar routine a few years after i first started.....i hit a plateu. my mentor told me "you idiot! your overtraining!" in the loving fashion he always had:D. and wouldnt ya know....i trained 4 days a week for no more than 45min at a time......and within 2 weeks i gained 15lb. thats a big amount on someone who is 5'7. the guys on this board are really sharp.....it would pay to listen to the voice of wisdom. this is all assuming you want to get big........:)

THIS ^^^

Training almost every day (Sundays and sometimes Wed off) and at least 2 times a week 2 times a day, just yesterday did chest/calves am and back/abs pm chest - 15 sets, calves - 12 sets back - 15 sets abs - 20 sets...by the way did back/chest on Tuesday too (1 pm workout), today is my 5th training day stright, am cardio pm arms 15-biceps 15-triceps 12 sets for calves. Am I overtraining? NO! I'm growing, getting stronger and getting leaner, because I'm eating 4000-5000+ cals clean food. Am I on tons of stuff? NO! 50mg test/50mg npp/50mg winny eod but taking lots of hgh stuff (ipamorelin+ghrp2 with cjc dac followed by hgh 4-5 times daily ed).

This is the best I've ever looked and the strongest - hit PR's on most exercises

How are you guys structuring your workouts ? What have you experienced training 2x day ? Hunger, stress, lack or increase in energy, etc ?

What about nutrition ? How did you structure you meals and macros ?
I was cutting with a base of 4000kcals, I thought it would be safe to stay in this range or to bump everything by 300-500kcals.

My man, hear me out. Train each muscle once at week and try to work out 5 days on 2 off, remember your body need to rest and that is the point where your are growing,

U want to get big , eat, have some insulin protocol layout and some AAS to I with it and you will growth....

For exemple:

Normally I'd do:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I agree with Alpha.

If im cutting/recomping I opt for cardio in AM, and lifting in PM. Thats about only time I really feel the need personally to split it up.

I agree with the above. I have to split cardion from weight workouts. I do my cardio in a.m. then hit weights in afternoon/ early eve. I even started splitting legs. Hams in morning with cardio. Then Quads in eve so neither get slacked. Just what works for me

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws