over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

American Media LLC Sells Mr. Olympia and Muscle & Fitness

Bio

Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It would have been interesting if Arnold had bought it! I wonder if he was approached and/or thought about it?

Great, Jake is a great guy, Pecker is a jerk.

I looked around but couldn't find how much it was sold for. Does anyone know how much?

I looked up the name of the buyer but couldn't find anything. Several guys with the same name.

It would have been interesting if Arnold had bought it! I wonder if he was approached and/or thought about it?

Would have loved to see Arnold acquire the company. It doesn’t seem like it would be much of a money maker. The current state of bodybuilding has driven it way underground and there’s not much mass appeal to the general public.

Part of me appreciates this as bodybuilding has always been an underground sport with a cult following, but there was a time period in the 80’s in particular where it had more of a mainstream following thanks to Arnold.

Magazines are dead, even online, and can’t see much money coming in from there. The Arnold, however, seems to have overcome these obstacles and draws a huge crown and a lot of money by incorporating a major bodybuilding contest with many other sports. Arnold is smart and a great promoter. Would have been good to see what he could do with The Olympia.

Arnold suppressed 212 and female bodybuilding of the Arnold.

Jake revived the female bodybuilding of his ashes when everyone at the IFBB was burying him.

Arnold is just a politician who sells vegetable shakes, fuck with him.

When it all gets settled it will probably still come down to what will make the most money as it is still a business.

Would have loved to see Arnold acquire the company. It doesn’t seem like it would be much of a money maker. The current state of bodybuilding has driven it way underground and there’s not much mass appeal to the general public.

Part of me appreciates this as bodybuilding has always been an underground sport with a cult following, but there was a time period in the 80’s in particular where it had more of a mainstream following thanks to Arnold.

Magazines are dead, even online, and can’t see much money coming in from there. The Arnold, however, seems to have overcome these obstacles and draws a huge crown and a lot of money by incorporating a major bodybuilding contest with many other sports. Arnold is smart and a great promoter. Would have been good to see what he could do with The Olympia.
There is $$$ to be made in bodybuilding (corporate wise) or they wouldn't be paying the winner of the Mr. O. almost a half a million dollars

Mr. Olympia 2019 Prize Payouts

1. Brandon Curry: $400,000

2. William Bonac: $150,000

3. Hadi Choopan: $100,000

4. Dexter Jackson: $45,000

5. Roelly Winklaar: $40,000

That's just one contest. How much do the other shows pay? Seems like you never see other show prize money shown.

Arnold Classic 2019 Results & Prize Money
  1. Brandon Curry, $130,000
  2. William Bonac, $75,000
  3. Luke Sandoe, $30,000
  4. Cedric McMillan, $50,000
  5. Roelly Winklaar, $15,000
  6. Steve Kuclo, $10,000
There is other prize money too, Best Poser, etc. I'm surprised the Arnold doesn't give out more prize money. That's low compared to the Olympia.

Arnold Classic 2019 Results & Prize Money
  1. Brandon Curry, $130,000
  2. William Bonac, $75,000
  3. Luke Sandoe, $30,000
  4. Cedric McMillan, $50,000
  5. Roelly Winklaar, $15,000
  6. Steve Kuclo, $10,000
There is other prize money too, Best Poser, etc. I'm surprised the Arnold doesn't give out more prize money. That's low compared to the Olympia.
Yeah, it seems low. Looking at the women's and the men's 212 is depressing. Overall I there is money to be made otherwise like you say nobody would be running these events. I think however that the contestants as a whole don't make much at all. You are a professional. How do you feel about the pay? I have a lot of respect for you and would like to know how you feel. I think recently you said you were going to retire? How much does it cost the average pro bodybuilder to compete you think? Just seems like the promoters and owners are the ones making all of the money on the backs of the competitors.

Yeah, it seems low. Looking at the women's and the men's 212 is depressing. Overall I there is money to be made otherwise like you say nobody would be running these events. I think however that the contestants as a whole don't make much at all. You are a professional. How do you feel about the pay? I have a lot of respect for you and would like to know how you feel. I think recently you said you were going to retire? How much does it cost the average pro bodybuilder to compete you think? Just seems like the promoters and owners are the ones making all of the money on the backs of the competitors.
I didn't get into the sport to make money, it just was a "side effect" of my passion for lifting iron, train for a certain amount of time and you build a pretty good physique, you then kind of want to "show it off" and this was my avenue.
Cost wise bodybuilding has always been cheap for me, I have either been sponsored or had good friend who take care of me when it comes to travel and hotel, also I have always been sponsored when it comes to gear, that was one of the blessing of being on and staying at professional muscle so many years. Even if I did have to spend my own $$ I would still do it as its a hobby that I enjoy, the competitive side I'm about done with, I compete only for fun and to challenge myself now days, if I stop competing tomorrow it's no big deal, as training is my ONE TRUE LOVE and I will NEVER stop training.

There is $$$ to be made in bodybuilding (corporate wise) or they wouldn't be paying the winner of the Mr. O. almost a half a million dollars

Agreed. From a corporate standpoint, there’s money being made. I really appreciate your post about doing it for the passion. I think for many pro’s throughout the years, this has been their primary driver, and as most, we all hope to make lots of money doing what we’re passionate for. My comment was solely based on the following: as a businessman I am always looking for a way for my company to turn more profit, or a certain level of profit quarter over quarter. Just wondering if in the right hands, could the bodybuilding industry do better and wonder if Arnold is that person given his history. He might not be and bodybuilding may care less about making any more money than it does. if those in control really care about their athletes then they would look for ways to make the sport more profitable than it is for those that compete in it.

Anyway, I think the one thing we all in common is that we all do what we do for the love and dedication we have to the lifestyle. If there’s money to be made, I wish all those involved and making money the best and may you make the most amount of money possible doing what you love or may it at least improve the quality and love you have for life.

In recent years, only Mr. Olympia's prize has increased, increasing the salary difference between the champion and other competitors and divisions. It's fine that the winner gets a jackpot, but the difference shouldn't be so big.

The world champion of female bodybuilding has seen the prize money increased thanks to Jake Wood, with an estimated prize of 150,000 dollars, while in Miss Olympia, the prize was 20,000 dollars.

In other smaller shows the prizes barely cover the preparation costs, but the athletes do not do this sport to earn money, that was never the goal in bodybuilding.

Without a doubt, the main winnings remain in the hands of the organizers and everything related to the preparation of the contest. The main income comes from the fees to compete in amateur shows and pro qualifiers.

With Jake I hope to see positive changes in the sport and the distribution of prizes.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws