over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Amino acid profile

No one can say what is too much protein. I think it varies from individual to individual, but 500 just sounds like a lot, doesnt it? Hahhahaahaha

It does sound like a lot, and probably unnecessary unless you weigh 350 punds. Bill Pearl says you can grow on something like 60 or 70 grams of protein a day. I don't know, I think a gram and a half per pound of bodyweight is enough.

Great bump guys. It's threads like this that keep me coming back.

Anyways, as a few people have stated, nobody seems concerned with how much their body actually utilizes instead of simply adding needless fat or simply passing it through their system. 80g, 100g, 200g, 300g+, which is it? You see people recommending this static figure of protein intake without recommending sources from which it comes - how does that make sense? There are a large number of factors that go into dictating which is optimal, yet everyone only seems to be concerned with numbers, which IMO is a major oversight. Sources from which you pull protein from play a huge factor.

Lets be honest, most of us on this board are supplementing with more than creatine and if you think 60-70g of protein is taking advantage of, and exploiting the state we are placing our bodies in, then you are digesting a new form of protein I'm unfamiliar with.

Great bump guys. It's threads like this that keep me coming back.

Anyways, as a few people have stated, nobody seems concerned with how much their body actually utilizes instead of simply adding needless fat or simply passing it through their system. 80g, 100g, 200g, 300g+, which is it? You see people recommending this static figure of protein intake without recommending sources from which it comes - how does that make sense? There are a large number of factors that go into dictating which is optimal, yet everyone only seems to be concerned with numbers, which IMO is a major oversight. Sources from which you pull protein from play a huge factor.

Lets be honest, most of us on this board are supplementing with more than creatine and if you think 60-70g of protein is taking advantage of, and exploiting the state we are placing our bodies in, then you are digesting a new form of protein I'm unfamiliar with.
Three words......LIQUID BEEF AMINOS.

I'll give this a shot, but this is not a complete list af all the AA but some important ones: Don't know much about how one affects others. Just a guess at a good profile

Alanine 350mg - energy, immune sys.
Arginine 600mg - increase GH, immune sys., detox
Carnitine 350mg - fat metab. circulation
Glutamine 1500mg - nervous sys. recovery, tissue repair/recovery
Histidine 200mg - nervous sys, immune sys. sexual arousal/function :D
Lysine 700mg - bones, immune sys, hormones
Methionine 400mg -detox, good source of sulfur, lowers chol.
Phenylalanine 500mg - brain function
Tryptophan 200mg -immune sys., lower chol., relaxant
Threonine 300mg - metab. digest.
Tyrosine 400mg - hormone regulation
Leucine 800mg*
Isoleucine 400mg*
Valine 800mg*

*BCAA 2:1:2 proven ratio - energy production, tissue repair/recovery, GH prod.

Looks like alot of these indirectly help a BB and very few actually comprise muscle tissue. Glutamine and BCAA seem to be the top ones?
This is a good thread, maybe I need to go to school lol. Give us some lessons Phil

NOT TO BE PICKY BUT........

I'll give this a shot, but this is not a complete list af all the AA but some important ones: Don't know much about how one affects others. Just a guess at a good profile

Alanine 350mg - energy, immune sys.
Arginine 600mg - increase GH, immune sys., detox
Carnitine 350mg - fat metab. circulation
Glutamine 1500mg - nervous sys. recovery, tissue repair/recovery
Histidine 200mg - nervous sys, immune sys. sexual arousal/function :D
Lysine 700mg - bones, immune sys, hormones
Methionine 400mg -detox, good source of sulfur, lowers chol.
Phenylalanine 500mg - brain function
Tryptophan 200mg -immune sys., lower chol., relaxant
Threonine 300mg - metab. digest.
Tyrosine 400mg - hormone regulation
Leucine 800mg*
Isoleucine 400mg*
Valine 800mg*

*BCAA 2:1:2 proven ratio - energy production, tissue repair/recovery, GH prod.

Looks like alot of these indirectly help a BB and very few actually comprise muscle tissue. Glutamine and BCAA seem to be the top ones?
This is a good thread, maybe I need to go to school lol. Give us some lessons Phil

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THAT RATIO

doesn't look like much interest in this thread, but I'm bumping it up. Maybe we can learn something from Phil

I said that because you are the one that asked the question, and the question seemed more like a "let's see what you know" type, almost like you know the answer but want people to do some research? I dunno. I'm not really knowledgable about such things. But I do see who on here knows what they are talking about and you seem to be one of those guys.

THANK YOU BUT

I said that because you are the one that asked the question, and the question seemed more like a "let's see what you know" type, almost like you know the answer but want people to do some research? I dunno. I'm not really knowledgable about such things. But I do see who on here knows what they are talking about and you seem to be one of those guys.

I AM NOT AN AMINO ACID EXPERT BY ANY STRETCH...........I KNOW A LITTLE BIT, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO HOW THEY INTERACT.......I DEFER.

this is a great thread. im really interested in what the best foods/with amino acid profiles would be the best for bb. instead of eating 500g why not eat 250g of protein and know you're going to be able to utilize most of it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws