over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aminos -- How much? And When?

bdp

Registered
Ive been training regularly for 10 years and I have heard many different opinions on Aminos regarding how many mg's and when to take them.

Per day I take:
20g of Glutamine
20g of Arginine
20g of Taurine

I split them up 4 times a day of 5g of each amino. Morning on empty stomach, 10 min before cardio, 20 min before weights and before bed.

I can see a difference when I dont take them. I definately get pumps with the arginine (calves, bis especially) and I notice when I dont take the glutamine (takes longer to recover). SO basically wheather its mental or actual, I believe them to work.

What are your thoughts? Do you take less or more? What are your splits and why? Any input is appreciated!

Last edited:

your right I meant grams not mg..... I just edited it

i take about 10g glut, 10g arginine and 10g carnitine first thing in the morn then another 10g glut in the afternoon. dont bother with taurine. i say about 10g because i just chuck a couple of tablespoons in a glass and dont measure it

Liquid Beef Aminos! All you'll need!

I've been on BCAA's and NO2. Way better than phony LBA's.

Ironone.....why do you call them phony? Have you used them? Can't wait to hear your story!!

bcaa's - 10g before, 10g during, 10g after training. 10g first thing in the morning on non training days and 10g half hour before last meal. is all i do so far, been meaning to experiment with arginine and maybe taurine but haven't yet.

i think free form aminos on an empty stomach are the most underrated supplements out there. they make such a huge difference it amazes me why everyone doesn't take them.

-In the morning: Arginine AKG, Micronized Glutamine, Taurine, Glycine, BCAA's, Tyrosine, Lysine
-PreWorkout: 2.5g Creatine Eth. Est., AAKG, Glutamine
-PostWorkout: A little more creatine, glutamine, BCAA's and Tryptophan to help me sleep :)

I should probably be taking some of these more often throughout the day but I buy almost every amino acid individually but in bulk so its hard to get some of em down. The above is what I try to do most days. I don't lift heavy too much any more but I'm trying to keep most of what I've accumulated and trim down. I would love for any pros or people who consider themselves knowledgeable about amino acids to critique this regimen. It would be helpful to me and anyone else who views this post.

bcaa's - 10g before, 10g during, 10g after training. 10g first thing in the morning on non training days and 10g half hour before last meal. is all i do so far, been meaning to experiment with arginine and maybe taurine but haven't yet.

i think free form aminos on an empty stomach are the most underrated supplements out there. they make such a huge difference it amazes me why everyone doesn't take them.

I take them too on an empty stomach. I found it really increases the libido also. I also take Arg/Orn (Universal's GH Max) and BSN's Nitrex. I use to use glutamine all the time with my shakes but haven't used it in awhile. I question if its worth the money cause I don't really see much a difference when I use it.

I take them too on an empty stomach. I found it really increases the libido also.

I always wondered why i got a boner after taking them

Charles Polquin wrote this about BCAA's

I learned this trick from Dr. Serrano and Dr. DiPasquale and have been using it with athletes who have difficulty gaining size. What we've found is that there's a serious decrement in post-workout soreness when you use BCAA during the training session. I recommend taking 0.44 g per kg of bodyweight. In other words, if you weigh 90 kilograms (198 pounds), take 40 grams of branched-chain amino acids. If you're on a restricted budget, use at least 20 grams. If you can't afford that much, don't bother. Of course, you could save your BCAA loading for those days when you train your weakest body parts, and that'll allow you to save some money.

How does it work? Well, BCAAs consumed during training raise both growth hormone and insulin at the same time, hence the increased anti-catabolism and anabolism. Of course, the study by Carli et al. (1992) showed that supplementing with branched-chain amino acids prior to a workout not only prevents a decrease in post-workout testosterone levels, but actually allows testosterone levels to increase following exercise.

Last edited:
I've been on BCAA's and NO2. Way better than phony LBA's.

What's the deal??, i'm about the hardest person to convence when it comes to supplements and i swear by them, please explain??

i take liquid aminos from vitamin shoppe they blow all others away.read the label peeps.peace

MeanJoeBean,by taking all those aminos together at the same time,your defeting the object and pissing your money down the drain.Certain aa's compete against each other for absorbtion across the blood brain barrier,so only some will get through.The bcaa's for example can only be absorbed if taken on an empty stomach.

YES

i take liquid aminos from vitamin shoppe they blow all others away.read the label peeps.peace

Read labels, they dont lie. Believe everything that you read, regardless of the sound advice you receive from a mentor or coach. Vitamin World is just looking out for your best interest.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws