over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

aminos

amino

again
been reading but looking for what people are actually doing- does it REALLY help with muscle development ie: the oral formulas that are sold at GNC etc- or does it make expensive piss with no real effect

looking for ACTU*AL experience not hype

thanks
again

BCAA's are worthwhile IMO.
Whey Isolate is best if you eat frequently - IMO
Try a blend of Whey Isolate & Casein if you eat less frequently or for pre-bed.
Eat whole foods like eggs, fish, dairy, lean beef, chicken...

opinions on using aminos to supplement??

thanks

will it make a difference? yeah it will help

will it be dramatic or noticeable? definitely not

do you notice a big difference if you take a scoop of whey a day? its the same kind of thing

this isnt hype, its from wiki

again
been reading but looking for what people are actually doing- does it REALLY help with muscle development ie: the oral formulas that are sold at GNC etc- or does it make expensive piss with no real effect

looking for ACTU*AL experience not hype

thanks
again

Amino acid
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the class of chemicals. For the structures and properties of the standard proteinogenic amino acids, see List of standard amino acids.
The general structure of an α-amino acid, with the amino group on the left and the carboxyl group on the right

In chemistry, an amino acid is a molecule containing both amine and carboxyl functional groups. These molecules are particularly important in biochemistry, where this term refers to alpha-amino acids with the general formula H2NCHRCOOH, where R is an organic substituent.[1] In the alpha amino acids, the amino and carboxylate groups are attached to the same carbon, which is called the α–carbon. The various alpha amino acids differ in which side chain (R group) is attached to their alpha carbon. They can vary in size from just a hydrogen atom in glycine through a methyl group in alanine to a large heterocyclic group in tryptophan.

Amino acids are critical to life, and have a variety of roles in metabolism. One particularly important function is as the building blocks of proteins, which are linear chains of amino acids. Amino acids are also important in many other biological molecules, such as forming parts of coenzymes, as in S-adenosylmethionine, or as precursors for the biosynthesis of molecules such as heme. Due to this central role in biochemistry, amino acids are very important in nutrition.

The amino acids are commonly used in food technology and industry. For example, monosodium glutamate is a common flavor enhancer that gives foods the taste called umami. Beyond the amino acids that are found in all forms of life, amino acids are also used in industry, with the production of biodegradable plastics, drugs and chiral catalysts being particularly important applications.

also i have taken all of the horse pill aminos. i dont think most people absorb them in pill form, at least not well. try lean beef aminos (lba's). you will notice a dramatic difference if you take them 3-4 times a day. i havent tried the other liquid forms though. i just stick with what works.

Why would people not be able to absorb them in pill form as opposed to liquid form? That doesn't make any sense. Please elaborate.

Why would people not be able to absorb them in pill form as opposed to liquid form? That doesn't make any sense. Please elaborate.

that is just my opinon. i didnt notice anything at all both times i supplemented bcaa pills.maybe its just me.

do they work good for you jm? compared to lba's?

that is just my opinon. i didnt notice anything at all both times i supplemented bcaa pills.maybe its just me.

do they work good for you jm? compared to lba's?

Actually bro, I don't take lba's. I use TP's beef iso which has a similar amino profile to lba's. I've been using bcaa's in pill form for awhile and they seem to be doing their job.

Actually bro, I don't take lba's. I use TP's beef iso which has a similar amino profile to lba's. I've been using bcaa's in pill form for awhile and they seem to be doing their job.

right on...stick with what works.

Too many pills are pressed so hard together that by the time you actually get around (your body) to using them they have passed right past the guts still in their orginal pill form. There is a time line from the time you swallow your food to the time your body eliminates it. Same thing with pills. No difference.

(a litle disgusting but) example: Animal Pak, if you were to swallow the pack, 11 pills in one pack. And some time later on put a screen on your toilet seat. Hose down the feces, you would see burried inside most of your pills still in their whole state. A great for isntance would be any pill that has a high polished look to it will pass through in it's whole state. Any pill that has a dull, powdery look to it will most likely get absorb by your stomach.

As for liquids, there is NOTHING to break down. It's already broken down to its most basic form.

that makes alot of sence. does that have something to do with why i would feel nautious after i took a mens one a day vitamin (dont take these anymore). and if you did have a pill like this, i assume it would be beneficial to break it into pieces or chew it up when you take it?

that makes alot of sence. does that have something to do with why i would feel nautious after i took a mens one a day vitamin (dont take these anymore). and if you did have a pill like this, i assume it would be beneficial to break it into pieces or chew it up when you take it?

certain pills you dont have to. do the glass of water test. drop it in warm water and see how good it dissolves. obviously your enzymes will dissolve much better than water but it gives you an idea about how well certain pills dissolve.

You should always take a multi vitamin with solid meals to prevent some of that nausea.

As for the aminos, I drink Xtend (BCAA's mostly) during my workout. I only use 3 scoops as opposed to 6 they call for. Most people I get on that product, dont like training without it after they start using it regulary.

As for an overall Amino consisting of all 22 aminos, might not be neccessary if you are eating enough protein (1 g. per lbs of bodyweight). But if you are dieting, might be a good idea to prevent muscle loss, kinda like insurance if you are under severe calorie restriction.

Just my 2 cents :cool:

well...

amino acids build protien.

protien builds muscle.

building muscle = bodybuilding

these have been soaking in warm water for 20 min. without stirring.

1. ON bcaa 2222 tab
2. kre alk
3. one a day mens

Attachments

• DSC07674.jpg
    DSC07674.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC07672.jpg
    DSC07672.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC07671.jpg
    DSC07671.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 206
these have been soaking in warm water for 20 min. without stirring.

1. ON bcaa 2222 tab
2. kre alk
3. one a day mens

Looks like the mens multi is breaking down faster than the other two! Would not have thought that one.

Too many pills are pressed so hard together that by the time you actually get around (your body) to using them they have passed right past the guts still in their orginal pill form. There is a time line from the time you swallow your food to the time your body eliminates it. Same thing with pills. No difference.

(a litle disgusting but) example: Animal Pak, if you were to swallow the pack, 11 pills in one pack. And some time later on put a screen on your toilet seat. Hose down the feces, you would see burried inside most of your pills still in their whole state. A great for isntance would be any pill that has a high polished look to it will pass through in it's whole state. Any pill that has a dull, powdery look to it will most likely get absorb by your stomach.

As for liquids, there is NOTHING to break down. It's already broken down to its most basic form.

I don't know about that. The acid your stomach produces(hydrochloric acid) and other juices will almost always break down food and pills. I take bcaa tabs by nature's best(shiny tabs that are the size of a large cockroach) and when I shit I don't see those big ass mother fuckers in the toilet. Hehe.

Looks like the mens multi is breaking down faster than the other two! Would not have thought that one.

me either! when i poured the water out of the bcaa, it was still rock ass hard. i use to chew them up. they taste like dog bisquits and still were not effective at all for me like the lba's.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear