over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ammonia

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I've been trying to cut back on pre workout drinks so lately right before going into the gym I've been taking a couple sniffs of an ammonia inhalant. It's only a .3ml stick and I've been reading online there are no side effects if you only use it once or twice a day. I know some people jump the gun and say omg your sniffing something but I'm interested in hearing if there is actually any harm in this?

Bro if you need to inhale AMMONIA in order to train I think you need a new hobby. No offense

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

We used to use a whiff of ammonia right before attempting a very heavy or max single lift. Before walking into the gym would be quite worthless.

I've been trying to cut back on pre workout drinks so lately right before going into the gym I've been taking a couple sniffs of an ammonia inhalant. It's only a .3ml stick and I've been reading online there are no side effects if you only use it once or twice a day. I know some people jump the gun and say omg your sniffing something but I'm interested in hearing if there is actually any harm in this?

How long did you take that? do you feel any uncomfortable?

It irritates the membranes and tissues in your nose/throat/lungs.

Not really a good idea to use continuously.

is this working for you....???

We keep nose torque and a box or two of the little vials you pop in your hands about. Its certainly an eye opener. A whiff or two a day wouldnt hurt you but I would assume it would loose efficacy.

Before a big deadlift I like a good smack on the back of my neck/shoulderblades. Adrenaline like a mofo and time to grip and rip. If that smack became part of the routine my body wouldnt react the same way.

Same thing with the ammonia - you'll find that it seems less potent as you get used to it. If it helps you out for a few days, then by all means but I think that it would stop giving that clarity/aggression after a bit.

Why do this unless you're at a powerlifting meet? The effects don't last but a minute or so. While the negatives far exceed the pros.

I wish there was a nasal saline type of solution that was a quick acting stimulant, vasodilator and opened bronchial tubes/increased airflow. Is there something over the counter that any of you use for that? Something fitness related....not a synephrine type of cold medecine.

I have some buddies that use to do it a while back in a meet right before a lift, literally 30 sec before a lift. But if your using it just to "go to the gym" i dont think its worth it. Smelling salts irritate the mucous lining in your vasal cavity which can elevate heart rate and blood pressure. But also this is definitely not something to do everyday. At high concentrations and for a prolong amount of time can really affect your health. Hey but to each his own

I used to be pretty dependent on preworkouts. I have a crazy schedule. Just start cutting it out. You'll adjust. Most days when I wake I really don't want to get up and go but after being up for a few minutes the feeling passes and if it doesn't by the time I get there it does after my warmups. To each their own but it seems a little extreme for something that we are suppose to enjoy.

Use of ammonia has a very short window, honesty don't see how you use it for pre workout... Awesome for right before a big heavy lift,like in powerlifting... But hey it's your body...Its like cheque drops,only use once and awhile on a as needed basis...

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of ammonia caps before a max lift in a meet, but thats about it. I don't even use them for strongman anymore as I don't feel it gives me much when I have a lift for reps, it's really just that first max effort where it seems to help.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131