over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Amount of excercise per body part.

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The biggest guys do the least amount of excercise per body part. Everyone is mistaken by the variety of their videos, well not realizing different days or just for the video.
How how many exercises do you do her body part?

Examples (NickWalker, Brett wilkin, and Hunter labrada)

For quads they do the following workouts.

1st leg day: hack squats, leg press, leg extensions, walking lunges
2nd leg day: back squats, pendulum squat machine, leg extensions, walking lunges.
repeat...

Everyone else is doing (on the same day)
Back squats, hack squats, pendulum machine squats, leg press, leg extensions.
repeat...

How do you know this??
Just curious............

I generally agree. you can’t do that much volume with focus and intensity, I generally do 2-4 exercises per body part with 1-2 working sets, everything is hit once about every 5 days on average (4 days per week rotating p/p/l)
Ex today’s leg day
Laying leg curls 1 double rest pause set
Seated leg curls 1x6-9 1x10-15
SSB squats 1x8-10 1x10-15
Leg Press 1x10-15
Adductors 2x15-20

I generally agree. you can’t do that much volume with focus and intensity, I generally do 2-4 exercises per body part with 1-2 working sets, everything is hit once about every 5 days on average (4 days per week rotating p/p/l)
Ex today’s leg day
Laying leg curls 1 double rest pause set
Seated leg curls 1x6-9 1x10-15
SSB squats 1x8-10 1x10-15
Leg Press 1x10-15
Adductors 2x15-20

That's what I'm talking about. They're doing a few excercises but the volume is intense. I just don't remember the rep ranges.

Part of this has to do with figuring out what exercises stress your muscles the best - it's not going to be 5-6, it's going to be 2-3 for most guys.

When you figure out what few exercises work the best for you, you put everything into them and throw out the rest. That's how you get a high bodybuilding ROI.

For example, what I do:
  • Quads - leg extension and leg press
  • Chest - flat or incline press, cable crossover or incline fly
  • Shoulders - cable lateral / front raise, HS press facing out or facing in
You don't need tons of variety to get huge - you just need to beat the shit out of the few exercises you feel stressing the muscle the best.

Since I rotate between DC and a workout Hernon gave me it's always one exercise per bodypart. But I count back as two parts, width and thickness.

So the videos we are watching are multiple workouts spliced together to make it appear like one workout? If so, that is some amazing videography because they are generally wearing the same clothes and the settings seem identical. But if it is just for the video ONE day that makes sense. I remember seeing a pro doing a video/photo shoot during his workout and it was def. a scripted program where it really wasn't a workout. A few working sets for the vid. A few "sets" where he would do a single rep and pause for a few photos.

BTW if this is true I am glad I am not such a wussie. I generally do 5 exercises per workout. Legs for example would be: some type of quad isolation (leg extension or sissy squat), some type hammy isolation exercise (leg curls or GnH raise) some type of squat (hack is my favorite, or standard squats or smith squats), some type of deadlift (Rack RDL, RDL, or conventional deads) and finally some type of lunge. 3 working sets of each.

Quad iso
Hammy iso
Squat
Dead
Lunge

That is 5. Throw in some calves to start or finish.

what videos are you talking about?
And this goes with the assumption that we think BBers are actually doing 10 exercises....i don't think ANYONE here thinks that. In most videos you see 1-2 compound exercises and 1-3 isolation movements.

The biggest guys do the least amount of excercise per body part. Everyone is mistaken by the variety of their videos, well not realizing different days or just for the video.
How how many exercises do you do her body part?

Examples (NickWalker, Brett wilkin, and Hunter labrada)

For quads they do the following workouts.
1st leg day: hack squats, leg press, leg extensions, walking lunges
2nd leg day: back squats, pendulum squat machine, leg extensions, walking lunges.
repeat...

Everyone else is doing (on the same day)
Back squats, hack squats, pendulum machine squats, leg press, leg extensions.
repeat...

Part of this has to do with figuring out what exercises stress your muscles the best - it's not going to be 5-6, it's going to be 2-3 for most guys.

When you figure out what few exercises work the best for you, you put everything into them and throw out the rest. That's how you get a high bodybuilding ROI.

For example, what I do:
  • Quads - leg extension and leg press
  • Chest - flat or incline press, cable crossover or incline fly
  • Shoulders - cable lateral / front raise, HS press facing out or facing in
You don't need tons of variety to get huge - you just need to beat the shit out of the few exercises you feel stressing the muscle the best.

I know a europe ifbb pro and he said the same

He just use 1-3 excersice for each muscle that work best for him

His chest is INSANE and he told me all he ever do is flat bench and dips ...

Respect

So the videos we are watching are multiple workouts spliced together to make it appear like one workout? If so, that is some amazing videography because they are generally wearing the same clothes and the settings seem identical. But if it is just for the video ONE day that makes sense. I remember seeing a pro doing a video/photo shoot during his workout and it was def. a scripted program where it really wasn't a workout. A few working sets for the vid. A few "sets" where he would do a single rep and pause for a few photos.

Oh there are some who have worn the exact same thing to film (more seasoned names)
I've seen double days of shooting (usually promotional for a brand) but yeah they'll do one set of different machines in one day, and wear same clothing another day for the rest of the shoot, or take huge breaks. Editing Makes it seem like they're doing it all.
The bodybuilders I mentioned thought I haven't seen do double shoots, but I have seen one set of each excercise, making it look like they're doing 3 types of squats and 2 types of leg presses with 4 sets of each excercise. That's not happening...

it depends on the "school", e.g. in Kuwait, they literally do everything they have at their disposal in the gym for a given muscle group, 8-10 exercises, e.g. for quads only and after 6-10 series of exercises, let's say they make a leg press, starting with one plate for 20 They add 2 plates per side of what they shit and end up at 15-20 plates

in Euro and in the US, as you can see, low volume reigns supreme, mainly promoted by Jordan Peters - many players have started to imitate him and you can see it with a positive effect, one note is that in order to benefit from low volume you must be able to really have balls and give 100% of yourself to set working and most people quit before muscle collapse, so this training will not give them good results

I kinda wanna stay low key incase anyone gets upset.

Its a sensitive culture at times sadly. Ask if you can unveil your source

My opinion.

The least amount / number of exercises per body part. It also depends how you do the
exercise and the frequently. I prefer one compound and one isolation movement. These
movements can rotate thru your routine so you are not doing the same exercise per
body part each workout. This will help prevent boredom and help preserve your body.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear