over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Amount top amateurs spend for national show

Cool thread

I cant wait to start selling cocaine so I can finally fund my extravagant lifestyle of eating pounds of chicken breast, red meat, and steroids...

Its really shocking to know how many do;)

THAT gets to the other thought...where's the money coming from???? I'd be shocked if Brain used anything other then Pharm grade GH.. its just the way his skin looked. I might be wrong, but...idk!

Then, you look at Dusty. I remember last yr he was talking about flying in Derek to give him massages..was working with Chris. Just so many things that make me say, WHERE the hell does the money come from and HOW the hell can you afford all of this for 1 show?!?!?!

People do have careers, and I can see some guys peddling gear in gyms to help raise a little cash

THAT gets to the other thought...where's the money coming from???? I'd be shocked if Brain used anything other then Pharm grade GH.. its just the way his skin looked. I might be wrong, but...idk!

Then, you look at Dusty. I remember last yr he was talking about flying in Derek to give him massages..was working with Chris. Just so many things that make me say, WHERE the hell does the money come from and HOW the hell can you afford all of this for 1 show?!?!?!

Yersky has been with metrx for years....so there goes his hotel and travel expenses plus a monthly check

Lmao at 15k.. I would be willing to bet anything no one spent 15k getting ready for Nats....or any show for that matter.

I bet u I spent close to $10000 as per poor genetics. Last few weekks $25/ day on food. And only 200# can't imagine the 250+ monsters. No gh for me. No money.

And this was just local show. My trainer friend uber cheap. Think when he hired chad for the year. Was $4200

Bottom line..... Expensive hobby

Lmao at 15k.. I would be willing to bet anything no one spent 15k getting ready for Nats....or any show for that matter.

You have absolutely no clue watsoever.

Bro Dusty owns several supplement stores all over Phoenix I know of at least 3... I believe his wife works as well. He makes great money

People do have careers, and I can see some guys peddling gear in gyms to help raise a little cash

Endorsements, legit careers, peddle gear as well as rec stuff, g4p and personal training/contest prep for many of them

In 2010 Dusty and I trained together while he got ready for the USA and Jr. Nats. If I recall he was spending somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 a week for food. I think he has a video somewhere even showing this. Food by far is the biggest expense.

Food, protein powders and supplements are the real expenses. Shit I spend $20 a day just on 1 meal alone thats sushi prolly 5 out of 7 days a week, that adds up. The super supps and that cost minimal compared to food and all that.

6 months

$800/month for food= $4800

$500/month gh(10iu per day)= $3000

$400/month super sups=$2400

Protein powder, vitamins, supplements $300/month=$1800

Nutritionist= $1500

Fees, tanning, travel arrangements, suit, music=$1500

=$15 K

much more realistic, i have no idea where guys were getting such small numbers, here i was thinking yous must have source to food?Gh and anabolics of the pros

Never mind getting ready for a show.
My monthly food/health supplement/protein powder bill just for me is $1500.
Why are these numbers sounding so high to some of you:confused:

I don't think these numbers are that high really. I'm not even competing on a national stage yet and I have spent a lot of money on competing this year. My prep was around 6 months.

Food $150/wk = $3600
OTC Supps $350/month = $2100
Super Supps = $2000
Coach = $1000
Travel Expenses = $1000
Tanning/Misc supplies = $300

Total $10,000

If I figure in what it cost Jamie prepare for Nationals as well, we probably spent close to $15,000 between the two of us.

That's a lot of cash...now I kinda wish I didn't take the time to figure it all out LOL...

Last edited:
Guys I know in the UK spend:

AAS/HGH £500 month
Food £300 month
Training/massage/coach etc £300 month

So thats £1100 x 4 months = 4.4k ($6.5k)

Not the most intelligent way of spending money unless you turn pro and make a living out of it.

This is why a lot of BB`s are skint.

I can see SOME didn't read my post completely! I mentioned the top guys and gave examples for a reason. I'm talking about people that work with George, chad, Chris, ect... the people(coach's) that are a few thousand.

THEN, add on to that, pharm grade GH..food. super supplements, ect...

And for the person that said Chad isn't that much...i might have old numbers but, what do you consider " not that much"

OH, and thanks Q!! Thats around what i was thinking. This post was more of me thinking out loud and sharing with people.

That would be me.... I will not divuldge what Chad and I worked out on cost but will say this. I talked with Hany, Chris and George and basically said no way I am paying that.... granted George was the cheapest, Chris and Hany were way up there. George will take take anyone on as a client, Hany is so/so and Chris.... well good luck getting in with him.

If you are a "name" and place well at Nat'l shows, then Hany prices come down.

Anyway.... It wasn't until I chatted with Kevin Jordan after the 2011 Jr nats that I realized Chad's prices were very reasonable. I paid Chad for an entire year of his services which came out to be less than half of what the other charge for a 16 week prep. Saying Brian spent a few thousand.. I would agree with that but he also had Chad for an entire year, not just a 16 week prep. With what Hany and Chris want, you could go buy a car, LOL

And to think that all nat'l level guys use pharma GH.... you are way off... maybe a few who have great jobs and income outside of BBing but those are very few. Most of those guys use the same suppliers as we do... and unless you are a top tier IFBB pro, those guys use the same as well.

I think Q's numbers are right on..... I will add though for me the food bill is the same all year.... about $250 week... drugs will fluctuate but food, normal supps, coach/ nutritionist, etc are static costs. come contest time, the drug cost comes into play along with entry costs and travel/ hotel.

My god.

Seems like a serious commitment when you think that a lot of these guys (national level dudes) don't have TRUE day jobs. I mean they work their asses off but most of them are trainers themselves so they can basically chill in a gym and leisurely talk about the stuff they do EVERYDAY.

Not the best paying job but it fits HIS/HER lifestyle. That must be such a hit in the pocket to those guys.

Oops, I wasn't thinking about food.. I was doing everything but food lol

I don't know where it is, nor do I wish to spend the time digging for it, but Phil said back in his hayday 1-2k a week wasn't unheard of. So, Q is extremely close if not right on the money (pun intended)

Its no wonder so many guys are doing recs and hustlin on the side. The thought alone of spending over a quarter of my yearly salary on one fucking show is enough to want to pop some pills or snort something lol

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave