over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Amusement park rides can be dangerous for large people

I can’t ride that kinda of shit because it makes me sick to my stomach! But dammit, if I were him I would’ve had a death grip on those bars. With my arms intertwined in them as well to ensure I’m holding on!!!!

Cage

Most of the employees I’ve seen at parks are kids. All they do is the height check. I’m leery just for that fact, they really have no clue

I can’t ride that kinda of shit because it makes me sick to my stomach! But dammit, if I were him I would’ve had a death grip on those bars. With my arms intertwined in them as well to ensure I’m holding on!!!!

Cage
This, I cant ride these rides I don't see the appeal and its just kids operating these rides trying to make a buck.

Are the mobs going to try and procecute the kid who let him on the ride? That would be crazy if so but not shocking.

I read that he realized at some point on the ride that his harness wasn’t fastened, and he told his friend to tell his parents he loves them
I heard the same thing .. sad shit man to be that age and say stuff like that and know that your possibly not going home . Regardless of circumstances

I heard the same thing .. sad shit man to be that age and say stuff like that and know that your possibly not going home . Regardless of circumstances
This is one reason why I never go on these rides or sky dive. The expectation is that you will live but at the same time there is risk and your risking everything on human and mechanical error not happening.

Not only am I not fond of heights but don't want to risk everything for some thrill. These accidents are rare but this isn't the first and won't be the last. These parks are for profit corporations and they are inventivized to cut corners as much as they can to maximize profit.

I dont think the harness came loose man, it was locked, just not in the most closed position possible. Look at the photo the shoulder restraint was never in the fully closed position due to his size and stomach getting in the way, looks like it could have went another 12" to be fully closed. The shoulder restraint is suppose to come all the way down and lock against the seat near your pelvic area. Here is a photo of him before he went up, his seat is NOWHERE near being fully closed, compared to the rider on the right side of the photo. He went up, the ride tilts you forward before dropping and he slipped right the fuck out due to his weight and laws of gravity.

IMO the ride operator should have never allowed him to get on the ride based on his size and weight, along with the seat not being fully closed to the pelvic area.
Damn.... my first time seeing this picture. Isn't the operator suppose to go around and check that all harnesses are locked in place before starting? They use to years ago. Why on earth did that kid go up knowing that harness wasn't secured like everyone else's 😕

Granted I’m no where his size but my wife and step kids are going to Cedar Point in June if anybody knows that park it’s nothing but crazy rides. It def has me shook now..

This is one reason why I never go on these rides or sky dive. The expectation is that you will live but at the same time there is risk and your risking everything on human and mechanical error not happening.

Not only am I not fond of heights but don't want to risk everything for some thrill. These accidents are rare but this isn't the first and won't be the last. These parks are for profit corporations and they are inventivized to cut corners as much as they can to maximize profit.
I hear ya man i dont go on any rides really . My kids do but i dont wanna take that away for them but i watch them like a hawk .. get dizzy doin so.

Damn.... my first time seeing this picture. Isn't the operator suppose to go around and check that all harnesses are locked in place before starting? They use to years ago. Why on earth did that kid go up knowing that harness wasn't secured like everyone else's 😕
No joke, how they felt it was fine to have him riding like that is insane.

Someone else commented that the people running these rides are often kids, and just don't take it seriously enough. Reminds me of my first roller coaster experience - was one of these things that's super fast, does loops, etc. with your legs hanging down freely. When it came time for the operators (like, 16 year olds, probably) to lock everyone's harnesses they treated it like a game, two of them racing each other back to front while pushing each rider's shoulder harness shut as fast as possible. I remember grabbing it and pulling as hard as I could to make sure that damn thing was secure. Needless to say that was a one and done experience for me!

Granted I’m no where his size but my wife and step kids are going to Cedar Point in June if anybody knows that park it’s nothing but crazy rides. It def has me shook now..
I freaking love Cedar Point 😍

Someone else commented that the people running these rides are often kids, and just don't take it seriously enough. Reminds me of my first roller coaster experience - was one of these things that's super fast, does loops, etc. with your legs hanging down freely. When it came time for the operators (like, 16 year olds, probably) to lock everyone's harnesses they treated it like a game, two of them racing each other back to front while pushing each rider's shoulder harness shut as fast as possible. I remember grabbing it and pulling as hard as I could to make sure that damn thing was secure. Needless to say that was a one and done experience for me!
Sounds like the ride they had at Kings Island back in the 80s. Somebody was thrown from that and died.

Another event happend years later. Around 1988 or so I was there with some friends and 3 people died that day! One was thrown from a ride and then 2 got electrocuted in the pond by the giant pirate ship thats like a swing. We were up on the Eiffle Tower looking down on the scene at the pond right after it happened.

Don't care what anyone says, I'll nnever step on an amusement park ride again. I was around 17 and went to six flag for the first time. After riding a few, I had a whiplash feeling in my neck that spooked me out.

I watched the video, it's horrifying
Sad way to go but his time came early

Sad story, no one deserves that. But 14years old and 340...parents need to be held responsible for this shit

One of my good buddies works at an amusement park. He did say he would have never let the kid ride after seeing how he was situated. Yes, the kids checking the harness apparatus should not have cleared him to ride like that.

Sad story, no one deserves that. But 14years old and 340...parents need to be held responsible for this shit

The parents will no doubt be suing the amusement park. However, I just heard a story where parents were being tried for manslaughter for a disable child's weight who passed some how due to the weight. So, in this care are the parents part responsible for letting the kid's weight get to dangerous levels in more way than one?

Just going by all of the help wanted signs. Employers in the service industry are desperate now for workers. Pre pandemic it wasn't like that. Not really sure anyone can say definitively now why. It's that way though.
Ever since the pandemic, when people realized that they could get unemployment benefits without working and often times would be more than what you actually made by going to work, it was a no brainer. Once it stopped, everyone began going back to work. This was true at least for low paying jobs: fast food, retail, etc
Show them this video. Even my 7 year old nephews are afraid to go on rides now and they fucking LOVE amusement parks.
The parents will no doubt be suing the amusement park. However, I just heard a story where parents were being tried for manslaughter for a disable child's weight who passed some how due to the weight. So, in this care are the parents part responsible for letting the kid's weight get to dangerous levels in more way than one?
Absolutely not. It's the amusement park's staff job to make sure we are safe on those rides. A bunch of people could have prevented this but at the end of the day, responsibility falls on the park.

Cage
Right! Part of me thinks that he wasn't aware harness was loose therefore he wasn't gripping on to the handles. Just the way that he slips out, like he wasn't even expecting that.

I quit rides after puberty when I hit 6’4.

I quit rides after puberty when I hit 6’4.
Being that tall and weightlifting, your body weight is probably up over 285 isn't it? Seems like a dangerous thing for many rides.

Rides all have a minimum height sign, but I've never seen a maximum warning. They need those.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131