over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

An American Bodybuilder in Japan

Man, what amazing stories, thank you for sharing!

I'd love to visit Japan one day (amongst many other places; I think it was Oscar Wilde who said travelling is the antidote to prejudice).

I grew up reading and watching anime (DBZ, Berserk, full metal alchemist...etc)...Japanese creativity towards anime was always mind boggling given the sheer volume that genre produces each year.

Enson Inoue is a famous pride fighter from back in the day, and he's talked about Yakuza's involvement in mma in the early days. They had specific contractual clauses that promoted PED use, and fight structures were random sometimes due to certain fights garnering more "interest" with those guys. A dark, secretive world that like you said has no interest in showing itself to the world. They keep the peace, the politeness, and the solidarity as principles that have carried those people forward for generations. The loud, impulsive ones usually perish at the hands of governments, rivals, and fate at the end.

Another guy I know of asked a Yakuza guy he thought he knew for a favor.
When they came to collect on their favor he was forced to act in an "adult video".
He was in the America military.
Forced to act in an adult video?!?! No "in betweens" there - that could have either been a very good outcome, or a very bad one!

Man, what amazing stories, thank you for sharing!

I'd love to visit Japan one day (amongst many other places; I think it was Oscar Wilde who said travelling is the antidote to prejudice).

I grew up reading and watching anime (DBZ, Berserk, full metal alchemist...etc)...Japanese creativity towards anime was always mind boggling given the sheer volume that genre produces each year.

Enson Inoue is a famous pride fighter from back in the day, and he's talked about Yakuza's involvement in mma in the early days. They had specific contractual clauses that promoted PED use, and fight structures were random sometimes due to certain fights garnering more "interest" with those guys. A dark, secretive world that like you said has no interest in showing itself to the world. They keep the peace, the politeness, and the solidarity as principles that have carried those people forward for generations. The loud, impulsive ones usually perish at the hands of governments, rivals, and fate at the end.

I grew up in the 70s and 80s with Japanese animation. My first wife is the daughter of Japan's most legendary anime singer (Mazinger Z, Lupan, Kamen Rider, etc) which was quite accidental, but provided some fun moments. I have met all the big anime singers, as well as people in Toho (Godzilla) and Toei films.

Forced to act in an adult video?!?! No "in betweens" there - that could have either been a very good outcome, or a very bad one!

I don't know the details but I believe it was a "normal" film, but they wanted a gaijin in it. I don't know how the Military handled it if they knew, but if he was working in a regular company he would have been fired.

Have you seen in the gym or met any of Japan's more famous MMA fighters like Kazushi Sakuraba, Takanori Gomi, or Yoshida (also a gold medalist in Olympic Judo)?

Have you seen in the gym or met any of Japan's more famous MMA fighters like Kazushi Sakuraba, Takanori Gomi, or Yoshida (also a gold medalist in Olympic Judo)?

No, I haven't. I have mat several sumo. I have also seen the womens Olympic judo and wrestling teams in the gym.

I did almost literally bump into Andy Hug on the sidewalk in 1996 😋

I saw a bag of Doritos online last week: Mountain Dew flavor. It reminded me that a lot of odd flavors are sold in Japan that are not here in the states like the Matcha tea Kit Kat bars and Wasabi Doritos.

What do you have with your cheat meals?

I saw a bag of Doritos online last week: Mountain Dew flavor. It reminded me that a lot of odd flavors are sold in Japan that are not here in the states like the Matcha tea Kit Kat bars and Wasabi Doritos.

What do you have with your cheat meals?

My cheat meals are rare. I really just eat more carbs in such cases.

My favorite high-carb cheat is to go to a good Kaiten-Zushi place near me in Shibuya.
I love the fact I can get good sushi so easily where I live. All the way from the kaiten-zushi mentioned to 200US per person restaurants.
I was a big fan of azuki dango an daifuku, but found that azuki was conflicting with my SIBO.

I might have one old fashioned donut from 7/11 or something similar.
I do like matcha-choco, like the KitKats you mention.

My wife and I did eat Pizza last night though :ROFLMAO:

My favorite high-carb cheat is to go to a good Kaiten-Zushi place near me in Shibuya.
I love the fact I can get good sushi so easily where I live. All the way from the kaiten-zushi mentioned to 200US per person restaurants.
I was a big fan of azuki dango an daifuku, but found that azuki was conflicting with my SIBO.

one thing i've found with pizza. in all of my travels, i've really only ever had decent pizza in the US and Italy. everywhere else is crapola or so-so.

one thing i've found with pizza. in all of my travels, i've really only ever had decent pizza in the US and Italy. everywhere else is crapola or so-so.

I'd agree with that.
I just get delivery here - PizzaHut in fact. It's junk - but it does it's job.

There are some Pizza places I hear of in Tokyo that have won all kinds of international awards - in Italy too - but I've never been.
I'm not standing in queue for an hour for pizza.

Being in Italy doesn´t guarantee you a good pizza the same way being in Spain does not guarantee a good paella, I´ve had sublime pizza´s in various cities in my country, Spain, the same way I´ve had paellas that were an abomination. As with everything gastronomic you have to know where to go.

Had a Yakuza story in the news recently.
Some Iranian guys tried to sell drugs to Yakuza in Shibuya, not realizing they were gangsters.

The Yakuza told them the hand the drugs over or pay a fee to sell. Ended up fighting and getting arrested. The police are checking out the Iranians now as they were selling..

I just saw this. I have to give it a try.

Kit Kat's New Duo Bar Is a Happy Marriage of Mocha and Chocolate

As we gear up for a Halloween spent eating the candy we bought ourselves at Walgreens, announcements like the new Snickers peanut brownie square have become the thrill of our lives. Now, brace yourselves for another minor dopamine rush, my socially distant comrades, because Kit Kat just announced a new candy bar that blends mocha and chocolate.

Kit Kat said it's marrying two familiar flavors in a new Kit Kat Duos mocha and chocolate bar, which will be available nationwide in September. This duo, which Kit Kat describes as the "dynamic flavor combination of rich mocha crème and silky sweet chocolate," will have shelf space in both standard and king sizes.

In 2019, the candy bar brand released its first permanent flavor in almost a decade -- the Kit Kat Duos mint and dark chocolate -- which tasted like a milkier, cheekier Thin Mint. But this year the company demonstrated commitment issues once again, with the only-temporary debut of lemon crisp and apple pie flavors.

I just saw this. I have to give it a try.

Kit Kat's New Duo Bar Is a Happy Marriage of Mocha and Chocolate

As we gear up for a Halloween spent eating the candy we bought ourselves at Walgreens, announcements like the new Snickers peanut brownie square have become the thrill of our lives. Now, brace yourselves for another minor dopamine rush, my socially distant comrades, because Kit Kat just announced a new candy bar that blends mocha and chocolate.

Kit Kat said it's marrying two familiar flavors in a new Kit Kat Duos mocha and chocolate bar, which will be available nationwide in September. This duo, which Kit Kat describes as the "dynamic flavor combination of rich mocha crème and silky sweet chocolate," will have shelf space in both standard and king sizes.

In 2019, the candy bar brand released its first permanent flavor in almost a decade -- the Kit Kat Duos mint and dark chocolate -- which tasted like a milkier, cheekier Thin Mint. But this year the company demonstrated commitment issues once again, with the only-temporary debut of lemon crisp and apple pie flavors.

Enjoy! :)

They have the craziest flavors here. Seems in Japan they re-invent food products with high regularity.

Haha I love watching emmymadeinjapan on YouTube when she tries different Japanese candy, especially with the awesome and very colorful assortment of Kit Kat flavors. I've been meaning to visit some Asian markets to see if I can find any. Do you have any personal favorites?

Haha I love watching emmymadeinjapan on YouTube when she tries different Japanese candy, especially with the awesome and very colorful assortment of Kit Kat flavors. I've been meaning to visit some Asian markets to see if I can find any. Do you have any personal favorites?

Looks like a fun YouTube channel ;)

I have had several Kitkat flavors, but always like Matcha best. - big matcha fan in general.
Melon, strawberry, mango, grape, etc...all too sweet for me. Hojicha tea flavor is good thoguh.

I figured the matcha was a no brainer; I'm a little skeptical of the others, so thanks for reassuring my suspicions lol

And I promise my hits on that channel aren't to look at Emmy.

... OK, not JUST to look at Emmy...

The YouTube videos about japan really are cool. I’ve learned a lot about japan by watching them. They have a very respectful atmosphere and attitude. Also, so many cool things to see there that you never knew existed, and only exist in japan. If anyone is curious check out YouTube and type in “why no other country is like japan”. Pretty intriguing stuff.

I have quite a bit I want to ask/say/contribute just based off your life experiences and posts here. I'm from the North Shore...Salem area. Japan has been on my bucket-list for ages and I mean that in the many years time frame now.

I have been brainwashed (perhaps just highly influenced) by their culture more than any other. It looks like we have a lot in common. When I was a wee lad, Mario was more well known than Micky Mouse so it started young.

Let me ask you a question, have you kept up with Takeshi's Castle?

That was a joke for the probably oh...99% of people who have never heard of Takeshi's Castle. It's used as the prime example of just how wacky Japanese TV is. In reality, Japanese TV is far funnier for more mundane reasons than it's wackiness.

Since I have never been to Japan and will probably not be able to count myself as lucky as you with the preemptive hiring (although I am very open to it), I get my fix via video games, movies (Ichi the killer?....you mentioned meeting a certain director....incredible), and youtube.

I don't know if you've heard of Chris Abroad. He's a UK guy living in Japan for, I want to say going on 10 years now. He has a couple Japanese friends who are straight up characters. I have a million questions for you but for now I will say check out Chris's Youtube channel if you want some laughter in your life. He got his start as, and you will never guess this, an English teacher. He has a few video's taking about his experiences teaching and I bet you would probably die of laughter from similar experiences to his.

I love this thread and happy to see you took the time to start it.

Takeshi's Castle

James May of Top Gear and The Grand Tour did a "Our Man In Japan," miniseries that was very interesting and is on amazon prime. I definitely would like to visit when we go to that region to visit my wife's homeland.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131