over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

An American Bodybuilder in Japan

Hey sorry to worry anyone.

A m7 is really nothing here. Both my wife and I were standing at the moment so it took a moment to register. First you feel a bit seasick, then you hear it. It was in the same area as ten years ago, with a very mild tsunami warning.

Thanks for thinking of me (us).

BTW the 3/11/01 quake was quite and experience, but if anything it gave me even more confidence in Japan.

The amount of energy released by the earth under our feet even down here in Tokyo was amazing.

It was also only a week after I was married, which meant we had to delay our Hawaii ceremony until June.

I wanted to find this pic and it popped up in my Google photos memories.

If you like "Ichi the Killer" or "Audition" you know Miike Takashi. This is 2004.

Takashi_Miike.JPG As one would expect, he's not full of smiles 😁

Nice way to start my Monday morning. I only wish I looked good in a nice suit. I have a good friend here who is a famous Italian media person and I joke with him I cannot wear nice clothes.
I am drawn to Italian fashion, but the best I can do now is Panerai and Persol ;)

My friend Giro, he's been here 30~ years, and has been incredibly successful. Met him in the gym of all places.
Panerai? Your fucking lame!! Lol

I am conflicted on panerai..I think they are extremely boring..but I love the winding knob protector and they have an interesting history

Panerai? Your fucking lame!! Lol

I am conflicted on panerai..I think they are extremely boring..but I love the winding knob protector and they have an interesting history
Lol. I love Panerai, especially the older references. The military history (though a bit embellished) is also part of the "charm". I saw the original store in Firenze several years ago. I have a 55c, 112e, 1024, and 372 - love them all. Changing straps can be a lot of fun too. I have a lot of handmade leather for them.

Lol. I love Panerai, especially the older references. The military history (though a bit embellished) is also part of the "charm". I saw the original store in Firenze several years ago. I have a 55c, 112e, 1024, and 372 - love them all. Changing straps can be a lot of fun too. I have a lot of handmade leather for them.
Rolex and Panerai are the same in the fact that they are boring..but at least panerai has some neat history.

BTW the 3/11/01 quake was quite and experience, but if anything it gave me even more confidence in Japan.

The amount of energy released by the earth under our feet even down here in Tokyo was amazing.

It was also only a week after I was married, which meant we had to delay our Hawaii ceremony until June.
Is that the one that damaged the nuclear power plant with a psunami?

Here in the US it seems like most people don't really care about wearing a nice watch. How is that in Japan? About the same?

Is that the one that damaged the nuclear power plant with a psunami?
Yep. 3/11 was the big one that killed 20k+ with the tsunami.

Here in the US it seems like most people don't really care about wearing a nice watch. How is that in Japan? About the same?

Here in Tokyo nice watches are exceedingly common. When I used to ride the train to work I could see the wrists. Countless Rolex and Omega. Even plenty of AP, Patek, Hublot, Richard Mille, etc here in my area.
One of my good friends from the gym has literally millions ion watches. He made some very well timed buys...

It makes the second hand market one of the best in the world.

I deal with the largest family owned jewelry store in the united states'...most of their online watch sales are china and japan....they are an AP dealer and can actually get AP and FP Journe fairly regularly....chinese and japanese constantly walk in and spend over $100k on one of those... surprisingly they never go for A. Lange

Here in Tokyo nice watches are exceedingly common. When I used to ride the train to work I could see the wrists. Countless Rolex and Omega. Even plenty of AP, Patek, Hublot, Richard Mille, etc here in my area.
One of my good friends from the gym has literally millions ion watches. He made some very well timed buys...

I think it may have something to do with wealth and living in the city. If you're in the suburbs or a rural area, you can 'show off' and enjoy your wealth with a big ass house, lots of land, plenty of cars...

When you're in the city, especially one as huge as Tokyo with a rabid fight for housing and just plain living space, wealth is flaunted a bit differently in the form of very nice watches, a flashy ride (if they even choose to drive), etc I tend to notice Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) are a bit more understated with wealth in general, though (am I wrong?) so things like a nice watch make sense

I deal with the largest family owned jewelry store in the united states'...most of their online watch sales are china and japan....they are an AP dealer and can actually get AP and FP Journe fairly regularly....chinese and japanese constantly walk in and spend over $100k on one of those... surprisingly they never go for A. Lange
Seems like most here in the us are ok with just quartz or using something like a fit bit or Apple watch. Function over form.

Hawk, what is your opinion on richard mille? It blows my mind how expensive the vast majority of those watches are! But then again, I'm very new when it comes to watches though

This is totally random but I remember a couple seasons ago, odell beckham jr (a receiver for the browns) got fined for wearing a richard mille watch that was supposedly right around $200,000, lol. Crazy...

Hawk, what is your opinion on richard mille? It blows my mind how expensive the vast majority of those watches are! But then again, I'm very new when it comes to watches though

This is totally random but I remember a couple seasons ago, odell beckham jr (a receiver for the browns) got fined for wearing a richard mille watch that was supposedly right around $200,000, lol. Crazy...
Why was he fined? Brand recognition thing?

I'd expect that. Ironically the Chinese flood Tokyo to snap up luxury products. Before Covid, whenever I was out in Ginza or at my favorite watch shops there were loads of Chinese.
They often tried to haggle at the watch dealers, which is frowned upon here in Japan.

Lange is popular here, a friend of mine owns a few, but they are readily available for those who truly want them.

I think it may have something to do with wealth and living in the city. If you're in the suburbs or a rural area, you can 'show off' and enjoy your wealth with a big ass house, lots of land, plenty of cars...

When you're in the city, especially one as huge as Tokyo with a rabid fight for housing and just plain living space, wealth is flaunted a bit differently in the form of very nice watches, a flashy ride (if they even choose to drive), etc I tend to notice Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) are a bit more understated with wealth in general, though (am I wrong?) so things like a nice watch make sense
This is 100% correct.
One of my language teachers years ago told my it is the specific line I ride, the Hibiya-sen, that accounts for this as the destinations on the line are some of the wealthiest areas.
You cannot really buy a house here, unless you find an old relic waiting to be torn down.

As I have shared with @maldorf, the car is a popular display of wealth in this area. While the Mercedes G-wagen seems most popular (what a stupid vehicle for Tokyo) the amount of Ferraris, Lambos, McLarens, Astons, Maseratis, and Porsches, etc is insane. The flashier the car, the more ダサい [dasai = lame] the driver - also the more they goose the throttle at stop lights...
Generally speaking Japanese are the most subtle with displays of wealth, but there are always some who feel the need to be the peacock.

I think there are those who appreciate the technical aspects of RM. Personally I don't find them attractive, and would rather spend my money elsewhere.
They are a Yakuza watch here, after they move on from Hublot.

I think there are those who appreciate the technical aspects of RM. Personally I don't find them attractive, and would rather spend my money elsewhere.
They are a Yakuza watch here, after they move on from Hublot.
I hear ya on not finding them attractive. To me there is too damn much stuff going on with the face with all the "gears" and all, and it seems like every time I would look down at it to see what time it is, it would take me like 20 seconds just to be able to decipher the time haha

I know you've mentioned them here and there throughout this thread but are the Yakuza still super prominent in Japan? You had mentioned that they're into drug-dealing, but do they have a fairly large presence in other "arenas" there in Japan? Just curious

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131