over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

An Oldfella's path.........

oldfella

Board Supporter / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Board Supporter
through youth, weights food and body building!

Because it was asked for I will attempt to take you through my life as a young kid, lifter, body builder, gym owner and trainer.

I got started at 14 from High school. I wanted to play football and was bullied a bit as a young boy. So I figured the only way to stop the bullying and play ball was to get bigger and stronger. Now bear with me please as I will try to condense the time lines a bit but some of this story will need to be told. There are a couple of people that I need to acknowledge as playing a pivotal role in my early years. That would be George. He was the owner of the gym I started training in from the age of 14,15.

Of course at this age I was not flush with funds to afford a gym membership, George was kind enough to allow me to pay him when I could and I also did some odd jobs for him at the gym. Like sweep up, take out the trash etc.

I made the foolish mistakes that most of us made at an early age. I saw the big guys in the gym bustin ass and figured I could do that too and I would look like them. OH if I only knew then what I know now!! HAHAHAHA. No Pain No Gain right?? OMG NO NO NO ! Wrong kind of pain. Poor form and way too many sets had me in a constant state of pain, both muscular and joints, you see I was still growing and the heavy weights made my joints ache!! Lesson number one, when starting out at a young age DO NOT TRY TO MAX OUT!!

I went to the gym three times per week and did what I thought was a good routine. Two or three body parts per session. Lots of sets and different exercises for each. Way too many, I know this now. But I did make progress and did get stronger, but it was slow going. I perservered for two years and made one of my goals come true, started playing high School ball and also joined the wrestling team. Also was shocked to be exposed to the darker side of all of this AAS!! No I did not take them or use them at the time but did know of some that were, and yes they were much bigger and stronger than I was for that age. But I was afraid and broke!! Not totally sure what I would have done if I had the funds, I think maybe not but anyway I didn't. my training at this time was more structured. It was geared around football training and strength. I made better progress with this. I will outline it below

Gym 3 x's per week.
Mon Chest and back
Bench press 1 warm up and 4 working sets reps 10-8 pyramid.
Incline bench press 4 sets same rep scheme
deadlifts 1 warm up set and 5 working sets reps 12-7 ptramid
Lat pulldowns 4 sets same rep scheme
hyper extensions 3 sets 12 reps slow cadence

weds legs and shoulders
Squats 1 warm up set and 6-7 working sets reps 12-6 pyramid
leg extensions 4 sets 10 reps adding weight each set
leg curls 1 warm up set and 4 working sets reps 12-8 pyramid also
calves 5 sets 10 reps adding weight each set.
Shoulder presses in a machine 1 warm up set and 4 working sets reps 10-6 pyramid
shrugs 5 sets 10 reps adding weight each set
upright rows 4 sets 10-8 reps pyramid
Abdominal crunches 4 sets 50 reps each set

friday arms
Tricep push down 1 warm up set and 4 working sets reps 10-6 pyramid
seated tricep extension with an e-z curl bar behind the neck 4 sets 8-6 reps
Close grip push ups from the floor 4 sets 10 reps
Bicep curls with a barbell 1 warm up set and 4 working sets 10-6 reps pyramid
Hammer curls 4 sets 10 reps adding weight if possible on each set.

Now of course we had football training thrown in on top of this, but we were 16 and indestructable.............how foolish. I need to thank another guy here by the Name of Robbie Rosenthal, he was a few years older than me and well on his way to being one very large individual. He was purely into body building and into the juice as well. Freaky looking physique for 19 and had to be at least 6' 3". I would have guessed his weight at the time to be in the 235ish range and not much fat to be found. yes he was a big boy! Food was as much as my mother would cook I would eat, the usual roast dinners with veg, pasta, salads, and yes pizza and ice cream too when we could afford it. I must say for all the training and runnig at football we made some excellent progress. I do thank the guys at the gym and Robbie who took me under his wing a bit and helped me with some training. Now I would like to name drop a bit here, I played ball with a guy by the name of Bobby Kemp! If I am not mistaken he went on to play for the Cowboys some years later. He was one hell of a ball player, he played defensive end and corner back.

I did this until I graduated High School. I was nearly 6 foot tall and weighed around 210. Pretty solid but not ripped by any means.

I will continue more in the coming days guys, I never kept any diaries and I am not the world's fastest typist. If you guys get bored please let me know. I am not accustomed to talking about myself much. I lead a fairly humble life and did what I did for me, not to really impress anyone,,,,,,well a few chicks maybe.......:p;):D But then didn't we all at some stage??

was Robbie working in surfers for a while?
I think I know who you are talking about.:)

Thats good advice to the youngsters, nice one Oldfella :)

I enjoyed that oldfella! I can relate in some ways when you were talking about the bigger guys on the football team. Helped me remember a few things about my younger years!

Thanks

I think this is going to be great, thanks... I love "biography's", there's so much to learn from others lives to enlarge our own wisdom if we choose, this'll be good.

OF- r u going to update throughout this thread? If not, is it ok to make a suggestion? Maybe label each thread with the same title and then it's "subtitle" similar to what Silencer did with his AAS threads.... Up to u... Looking forward to more.

I think this is going to be great, thanks... I love "biography's", there's so much to learn from others lives to enlarge our own wisdom if we choose, this'll be good.

OF- r u going to update throughout this thread? If not, is it ok to make a suggestion? Maybe label each thread with the same title and then it's "subtitle" similar to what Silencer did with his AAS threads.... Up to u... Looking forward to more.
Yes this is what I had planned to do. I like the silencer did his. I will follow his lead on that! Hope you don't mind silencer but your threads were well done!:D

No, this was all in the states as that is where I am from. In Miami Fla.

I will be adding to this over the coming days. I need to juggle work into this equation here. Today is going to be a long day so I will most likely get on here tomorrow and write another chapter. Well off to the gym now to train before getting ready to go to work..............Glad you guys are enjoying it. Thank you once again, very humbling experience this! :eek:

Maybe a little more perspective?

How old are you? 100? 70? 50? 29.5? I'm 47 and if I'm reading about an old fella who is younger than me it's going to hurt my feelings. :p

How old are you? 100? 70? 50? 29.5? I'm 47 and if I'm reading about an old fella who is younger than me it's going to hurt my feelings. :p

Don't worry, he's WAY older than you... :D

Don't worry, he's WAY older than you... :D

Damn JC if I left it to you you would paint me in the grave by now.......I am going to be 51 soon! LOL. Now c'mon fellas isn't this much more entertaining than those boring old "How much Deca should I use?" Threads? I have to admit, I am even having a laugh at my own expense here. You see Body building does have a lighter side to it also!:D

Awesome thread, Oldfella. Thanks for sharing your story.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

-Pack

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to tell you that I did live on the Goldie for about two and half years. That was about 16-17 years ago!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws