alfresco

Featured Member / Kilo Klub Member
Staff member
Super Moderators
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
This is rare as saber tooth tigers in New York City. So please excuse my hyperbole.

Today I was afforded the given an opportunity to train a 30 year old with most unbelievable potential I have ever seen.

Over the course of the last 50 years, in gyms all over the world, I have seen (more than) my fair share of bodybuilders,
armature and professional, all shapes and colors, race and religion. And this guy has it in spades.

We met today to go over his goals and expectations. All very doable . . . some size mostly, which he already has,
and some fitness which he clearly has already.

His shape and proportions are perfect except for his calves. Low muscle attachments all around, perfect shape,
round full muscles. Great legs and calves. Calves, the best I have ever seen on any human being (think Fankhouser,
Matarazzo). Abs too . . . you name it. And great looking too, a winning smile. And kind as can be. Blond hair and
perfect skin to round out the package. And about 5’ 8”, 5’ 10” tops. I have no clue what he weighs and don't care.
Measurements; don't care and will never be taken by me. Before and after fotos, absolutely. By me or his wife,
whoever he feel most comfortable with I hope it is me as that is what I do for a living.

I saw him at the gym a few times just farting around with weights while his two kids were in daycare there.
I asked him if he competed. He said he did, in college . . . he played soccer! He trained with weights only for
two months in the summer he started collage and gained 15 lbs! But that was years ago, other than that he is
literally untrained and knows very little about weight training. I told him he has unbelievable potential to go
as far as he wanted to in bodybuilding. He was a bit taken back as he had never thought about it, he just
wanted to be fit(er). Fit, anybody can do. And a retarded goat could probably train him now with good results.
Will see what I can do.

He approached me last week and asked me train him which I will do for the next six months or whenever he
says stop or I surmise I am wasting my time. No obligation other than he does what I say and works as hard
as humanly possible. He said, I’m in. And zero money will change hangs. This is on me. I do not need or want the
money which he offered. He is lean as a hounds tooth now, a clear six pack, still plays pick-up soccer twice week
which is no big deal to me.

It’s been a long long time since I have trained anybody (I am a bit of a lone wolf). The last guy I trained did very well

(fotos on this site). The others said it was too hard and decided to adopt PEDS which I admittedly know next
to nothing about. We also ran into some copyright issues with the fotos, fotos I no longer possess which is just
as well in retrospect.

I suspect when he sees the results he may be in for bodybuilding which is a purely desire on my part as he would
be absolutely amazing based upon what I have seen so far. I predict, in two years’ time, if his mom, had not seen
him in the interim she will not recognize him. If he jumped on a stage now on a regional level, he would probably
do very very well.

We start on the 31st with a full body evaluation, explain some physiology and exercise performance, what to do,
what not to do. He may be a no show (I doubt it) or he may be a huge disappointment when it comes to training
at which point we will part ways. No hard feelings. We are both on the same page for now. Time will tell.

Will keep you all updated.

I am cautiously optimistic but with his potential the sky is the limit if he so desires. My opinion.

Hopefully he heads your advice and let's you teach him to optimize his potential.
It's so sad to see guys with great potential be lazy and careless with their training and nutrition.

I hate him already...hahahaha!

I hope he heeds your advice Ron!!

I have no experience in these matters, but I remember something I read about someone who was starting a weight loss journey with a trainer. This person was in such bad health, instead of overloading the person with macros and cardio done in zone 1 versus zone 2, simply eliminating sodas for the first week was all the trainer required. Week after week a new "skill" was introduced.

Your project is obviously different, but some thought needs to go into how you introduce certain concepts and when.

Sounds like a fun opportunity.

Definitely sounds like all the pieces are there for them to succeed. Keep us posted.

Sounds like a great opportunity to show someone what potential they have. And what a great day to start - Halloween! 👻

Hopefully he heads your advice and let's you teach him to optimize his potential.
It's so sad to see guys with great potential be lazy and careless with their training and nutrition.
He is not lazy and careless as near I can tell. Well . . . he won’t be lazy around me 🙂 And he has a meal prep person already because he is so busy with two kids and a very successful, high end, property manager business he owns and operates.

His diet I would not fuck with or even look at for another 6 months or so . . . if he lasts that long 😉 Clearly it is working for him so why fix if it ain’t broke.

Sounds like a great opportunity to show someone what potential they have. And what a great day to start - Halloween! 👻
Well . . . somebody has to be scared.

If he isn't compensating you the rare opportunity is his not yours. I'm of the school of thought time = money lol

I have no experience in these matters, but I remember something I read about someone who was starting a weight loss journey with a trainer. This person was in such bad health, instead of overloading the person with macros and cardio done in zone 1 versus zone 2, simply eliminating sodas for the first week was all the trainer required. Week after week a new "skill" was introduced.

Your project is obviously different, but some thought needs to go into how you introduce certain concepts and when.

Sounds like a fun opportunity.
I agree completely. Slow and steady wins the race.

I told this is what I thought.

You have been given a fine, rare, beautiful canvas to start painting on.

My goal is to preserve the canvas (do no harm) teach you the brush strokes. You will have everything you need to make a masterpiece.

If he isn't compensating you the rare opportunity is his not yours. I'm of the school of thought time = money lol
I am independently wealthy. Not bragging. I am fortunate to have anything I want, go anywhere and do anything I want any time I want. (I cannot take credit for all of it, it’s called marriage).

And in that vain I cannot, with a clear conscious, take money that could easily be spent on his family.

My time training him, if it comes to fruition, is a gift to him, from me, with no strings attached. And in actuality it is a small time investment for me now, ~ 1 hr, 3x per week.

I have zero idea how to train a gifted athlete, but I would think that scheduled deloads should be a good idea, and perhaps needed even more for someone whose muscles might just grow, Grow, GROW while his soft tissue starts to "complain" ;-)

Interesting. I've met a handful of guys like this. One tried to compete in his early 20's then had 9 children (nine). He had the full package and didn't put in the work like me. We trained a lot. Met a couple others like this but they didn't have the passion for it.
Similar to BB, I'm sure we all have stories of crazy strong guys that didn't lift. I have met a bunch of those too.

If you’re gonna create a monster, that feels like a perfect poetic day to begin, I agree

Interesting. I've met a handful of guys like this. One tried to compete in his early 20's then had 9 children (nine). He had the full package and didn't put in the work like me. We trained a lot. Met a couple others like this but they didn't have the passion for it.
Similar to BB, I'm sure we all have stories of crazy strong guys that didn't lift. I have met a bunch of those too.
Had a contractor once came to the job site and was cutting and threading 2” steel piping… Dude was probably 6’4”ish, maybe 260-280lbs. Not muscular, just big!

I was helping him and was amazed watching him tighten these steel pipe up with just an 18” pipe wrench and bottom out the threads with little to no effort. Fuck, I had to put out full effort and use a 24” pipe wrench to get it to 3/4 the way. I also had my full weight (240lbs) on it too! The strength of this cat was just ridiculous! Just one of them super cock strong corn fed dudes!

Cage

Well the kid has a good coach. I can't help but predict good things. It will be rewarding for you both.

Kind of off topic but why do you spell it "foto" and not "photo" ? Definitely would be cool to see some before and after's of what you and him would be able to accomplish.

Kind of off topic but why do you spell it "foto" and not "photo" ? Definitely would be cool to see some before and after's of what you and him would be able to accomplish.
Just got into the habit I guess.

I think photo is spelled foto in other languages,
not sure, but since my logo included a umlaut,
I went with it.

And it was part of the name of my website
(photography) until I recently rebranded.

More info than you wanted I'm sure.

Fotos coming shortly ;)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member