over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolic Slowdown?

Hulkbulk8

Banned
So I have been trying to figure out why i have not been able to gain and actually going backwards while on test strength wise. not really lost much size but not gained any either.
I am on HRT and have been running it a little bit higher at 500mgs when it is usually 100mgs a week.

I have been reading that after a certain amount of time on test or any other anabolic steroid the body will adapt and no longer respond to testosterone

I feel i am now there Anabolic Exhaustion. blood tests come back showing me test is where it should be on 500mgs of test a week ( >1500) so i know my gear is fine.

Calories are up where they should be

my strength is the weakest its ever been

i have not got smaller or bigger just stayed the same.

is this as simple of a fix as just lowering my test back to 100mgs a week for 4, 6, 8 weeks then try another cycle???

that is where iam confused, i know its time to come down to hrt levels but not sure how long i should wait before cycling up again. i know time off =Time on but iam on hrt so iam never really off.

From now on i will keep cycles to 12

any ideas

Same Here....

Im in the same boat...not sure what to do except drop back to 100 a week for a few months and see what happens when I blast again..

I am thinking thats what i am going to do.
been doing a lot of reading and really don't believe in receptor site saturation because there is always new receptors being created while on cycle.

What i have found is over time you become desensitized to testosterone or any other anabolic you have been on for a long time. your test levels will still show them thru the roof but you will not be making any gains.

the muscle cells are no longer sensitive to test. this happens about 8-10 weeks into cycle.

thing is i am not sure how long to stay on hrt levels of test before i can blast again where my muscle cells will be sensitive to test or any other anabolic

I am thinking thats what i am going to do.
been doing a lot of reading and really don't believe in receptor site saturation because there is always new receptors being created while on cycle.

What i have found is over time you become desensitized to testosterone or any other anabolic you have been on for a long time. your test levels will still show them thru the roof but you will not be making any gains.

the muscle cells are no longer sensitive to test. this happens about 8-10 weeks into cycle.

thing is i am not sure how long to stay on hrt levels of test before i can blast again where my muscle cells will be sensitive to test or any other anabolic

generally you want to hrt for 10 to 12 weeks and then get blood work done. If the results come back good then you could probably blast again and make gains. maybe throw in another compound and not run test so high on your blast.

generally you want to hrt for 10 to 12 weeks and then get blood work done. If the results come back good then you could probably blast again and make gains. maybe throw in another compound and not run test so high on your blast.

I have been on HRT now for about 2 years so no need to get blood work done.
100mgs a week puts me in the high end of where it should be.

so you think 10-12 before next cycle or blast?

Can you please post some proof of this. The only thing that would make you "less sensitive" would be androgen receptor down regulation, and research has shown that this does not happen.

It could be that you have maxed out what you can do on 500mg. Sometimes its just that simple.

It could be that you have maxed out what you can do on 500mg. Sometimes its just that simple.

Yes this could be the case, but I believe the large majority of people extremely underestimate just how much mass they can hold/how much progress they can make on lower doses.

I've seen it first hand with friends. They start conservative with something like 500/wk. Blow up during a 12 week cycle. Next time they jump up to a gram. They end up staying on a gram for months. Gains aren't as fast as they think they should be, so they add in another compound, throw in some orals, or bump the test up even more. What is the point? I've had two buddies have to come off completely due to health problems from fairly high doses. Could have been avoided if they weren't idiots and took their time. I'm sorry but unless you are a pro level competitor you do not need to cruise on a gram of test. I don't give a fuck who you are.

I've been cruising on the same, relatively low dose for months and I'm still making consistent progress in the gym every week.

Last edited:
Yes this could be the case, but I believe the large majority of people extremely underestimate just how much mass they can hold/how much progress they can make on lower doses.

I've seen it first hand with friends. They start conservative with something like 500/wk. Blow up during a 12 week cycle. Next time they jump up to a gram. They end up staying on a gram for months. Gains aren't as fast as they think they should be, so they add in another compound, throw in some orals, or bump the test up even more. What is the point? I've had two buddies have to come off completely due to health problems from fairly high doses. Could have been avoided if they weren't idiots and took their time. I'm sorry but unless you are a pro level competitor you do not need to cruise on a gram of test. I don't give a fuck who you are.

I've been cruising on the same, relatively low dose for months and I'm still making consistent progress in the gym every week.

it is a fact that no one can continue to make gains on 500mgs a week of test months on end. the body will adapt so you will need to up the dose or come off and cycle.

So I have been trying to figure out why i have not been able to gain and actually going backwards while on test strength wise. not really lost much size but not gained any either.
I am on HRT and have been running it a little bit higher at 500mgs when it is usually 100mgs a week.

I have been reading that after a certain amount of time on test or any other anabolic steroid the body will adapt and no longer respond to testosterone

I feel i am now there Anabolic Exhaustion. blood tests come back showing me test is where it should be on 500mgs of test a week ( >1500) so i know my gear is fine.

Calories are up where they should be

my strength is the weakest its ever been

i have not got smaller or bigger just stayed the same.

is this as simple of a fix as just lowering my test back to 100mgs a week for 4, 6, 8 weeks then try another cycle???

that is where iam confused, i know its time to come down to hrt levels but not sure how long i should wait before cycling up again. i know time off =Time on but iam on hrt so iam never really off.

From now on i will keep cycles to 12

any ideas

Are you changing your training up or doing the same routine all the time?
Diet can be a huge factor on gains and is often the missing link when nothing else seems to be working right.

it is a fact that no one can continue to make gains on 500mgs a week of test months on end. the body will adapt so you will need to up the dose or come off and cycle.

Where are you getting this "fact" from? Of course gains will slow down eventually. I don't expect anybody to grow to IFBB proportions cruising on 500 mg test for a couple years. What I do believe, is that most can make more gains on lower doses than they want to believe/admit, and that many are way too eager to jump into higher doses.

i think you may be right with this as i have been cycling for about 3 years and have went from 210-241 and have stayed about the same body fat.

Fact needs to be backed up by support. Preferably objective support not subjective.

Where are you getting this "fact" from? Of course gains will slow down eventually. I don't expect anybody to grow to IFBB proportions cruising on 500 mg test for a couple years. What I do believe, is that most can make more gains on lower doses than they want to believe/admit, and that many are way too eager to jump into higher doses.

I completely understand you when you say people are eager to jump to higher doses. this is not the case.

I have been using the same dose now for about 4 months and my body no longer responds to this dose. i am not making any more gains. strength has actually went down a lot. size is about the same. this tells me my body has completely adjusted to the Mg used and i need to come down to HRT dose or up the dose.

I would rather cycle back down to hrt so my next cycle will be effective. i am no longer a fan of being on for so long. back when i did prohormones i cycled them for 4-6 weeks then came off and the gains seemed to be great each cycle because i took time off.

Fact needs to be backed up by support. Preferably objective support not subjective.

I guess i am saying i can not stay on 500mgs of test for 3 months and gain all the way thru. gains for me max out at about 10-12 weeks

I guess i am saying i can not stay on 500mgs of test for 3 months and gain all the way thru. gains for me max out at about 10-12 weeks

It sounds to me like something else is going on. 3 months is not very long, definitely not long enough for your body to "adapt" to that dose.

Like I said before, I have been cruising on the same dose for > 6 months and I continue to make gains. I'm not putting on pounds each week, but I'm definitely slowly adding mass, and my lifts continue to increase.

That's completely normal

It sounds to me like something else is going on. 3 months is not very long, definitely not long enough for your body to "adapt" to that dose.

Like I said before, I have been cruising on the same dose for > 6 months and I continue to make gains. I'm not putting on pounds each week, but I'm definitely slowly adding mass, and my lifts continue to increase.

cruising for 6 months and MAKING gains, rather than losing them? That makes no sense. Are you sure you aren't gaining fat?

That's completely normal

cruising for 6 months and MAKING gains, rather than losing them? That makes no sense. Are you sure you aren't gaining fat?

I think it could be possible when coming back from a long lay off or using some msucle memory to get back old gains. New gains also maybe depending on training age size ect. Or maybe I'm stretching it. Dunno. Just a couple thoughts.

I'm dieting right now so no I'm not gaining any fat. Why do you assume you would lose gains on a cruise? You do realize even low doses of exogenous test still lead to blood levels MUCH higher than what your body would produce naturally. You don't need shit loads of anabolics to make progress. I don't understand why so many of you cannot wrap your heads around this.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, cruised from December to may, blasting from may 1st, now loosing strength, everything else is the same, body fat, weight, but my power is dwindling, gonna drop back to cruise levels till Christmas i think

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131