over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolic Steroid Research Survey- Help us better care for men on AAS

I like Dr. O'Conner's videos and commentary but I can guarantee 100% of the time what his ultimate answer will be. Anything above and beyond the absolute lowest dose of test for TRT is problematic and could lead to severe life threatening consequences. He does not like HcG (but will prescribe it if you are looking to stay fertile). He hates AI's but will prescribe them IF you happen to be an over responder and need to keep estrogen in check, but these are rare cases. He hates anti-aging clinics. He is not a fan of Deca, SARMS or any HGH type drugs. His final answer is usually test in small doses and nothing else. The smaller the better to put you in the industry standard for "normal" range. End of discussion.

While I raise a few criticisms, O'Connor's anabolic doc videos on primobolan, equipoise etc. are interesting and informative for the most part.

Done my part

I like Dr. O'Conner's videos and commentary but I can guarantee 100% of the time what his ultimate answer will be. Anything above and beyond the absolute lowest dose of test for TRT is problematic and could lead to severe life threatening consequences. He does not like HcG (but will prescribe it if you are looking to stay fertile). He hates AI's but will prescribe them IF you happen to be an over responder and need to keep estrogen in check, but these are rare cases. He hates anti-aging clinics. He is not a fan of Deca, SARMS or any HGH type drugs. His final answer is usually test in small doses and nothing else. The smaller the better to put you in the industry standard for "normal" range. End of discussion.

Thank you all for the comments and survey participation. We appreciate hearing everyone's perspectives and will certainly be reading all the survey comments in detail.

He may be using scare tactics but it probably is a good idea to control all of those things. Statins for whatever reason got a bad rap when they were first prescribed to larger proportion of patients but they have been shown to reduce mortality and morbidity in all patient populations they have been prescribed for. 2 cycles a year would be a safer use protocol than most people use but I would not say minimal risk. Do what you can to reduce risk if you choose to use. Control BP any way necessary and if you blast and cruise control cholesterol. I only say this because I do not want anyone to have major issues. Many of us already have.

I strongly disagree with you on statins. Agree with BP issues. Most users may not monitor as some of us do. I would consider what I do minimal risk. But you might get the last laugh if I drop dead. At 58 it might not be that long if you're right. In fact it should have already happened since I've outlived most of the men on my fathers side. But hey I don't know why you denigrate my thoughts when you are on this juicer board along with the rest of us risk takers.

Statins for whatever reason got a bad rap when they were first prescribed to larger proportion of patients but they have been shown to reduce mortality and morbidity in all patient populations they have been prescribed for.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science...s-not-cause-heart-disease-new-research-finds/

Cholesterol does not cause heart disease in the elderly and trying to reduce it with drugs like statins is a waste of time, an international group of experts has claimed.

A review of research involving nearly 70,000 people found there was no link between what has traditionally been considered “bad” cholesterol and the premature deaths of over 60-year-olds from cardiovascular disease.

The authors have called for a re-evaluation of the guidelines for the prevention of cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis, a hardening and narrowing of the arteries, because “the benefits from statin treatment have been exaggerated”.

Published in the BMJ Open journal, the new study found that 92 percent of people with a high cholesterol level lived longer.

Dr Malcolm Kendrick stated:

“What we found in our detailed systematic review was that older people with high LDL (low-density lipoprotein) levels, the so-called “bad” cholesterol, lived longer and had less heart disease.”

Vascular and endovascular surgery expert Professor Sherif Sultan from the University of Ireland, who also worked on the study, said cholesterol is one of the “most vital” molecules in the body and prevents infection, cancer, muscle pain and other conditions in elderly people.

“Lowering cholesterol with medications for primary cardiovascular prevention in those aged over 60 is a total waste of time and resources, whereas altering your lifestyle is the single most important way to achieve a good quality of life,” he said.

Lead author Dr Uffe Ravnskov, a former associate professor of renal medicine at Lund University in Sweden, said there was “no reason” to lower high-LDL-cholesterol.

//

Harvard Health Publishing: "about half of all heart attacks occur in people with "normal" cholesterol levels"

Last edited:
He may be using scare tactics but it probably is a good idea to control all of those things. Statins for whatever reason got a bad rap when they were first prescribed to larger proportion of patients but they have been shown to reduce mortality and morbidity in all patient populations they have been prescribed for.

On this tangent, O'Connor also omitted to mention that people with robust coronary artery endothelial linings, may never develop coronary artery disease (CAD), even though they might be heavy gear users. Skewed lipid profiles may only become a problem, if coronary artery lesions develop.

Dave Palumbo stated publicly that he had a coronary calcium score of 0, and had no CAD, even though he probably had an irregular lipid profile for many years, in addition to elevated blood sugars.

A BNP blood test, CT angiogram and blood pressure readings could be used to potentially rule out coronary artery lesions/CAD, instead of going on statins.

Conversely, people with weak endothelial linings may develop severe coronary artery lesions/CAD, with normal lipid profiles.

Again, the science behind the use of statins in both scenarios is questionable.

Last edited:
On this tangent, O'Connor also omitted to mention that people with robust coronary artery endothelial linings, may never develop coronary artery disease (CAD), even though they might be heavy gear users. Skewed lipid profiles may only become a problem, if coronary artery lesions develop.

Dave Palumbo stated publicly that he had a coronary calcium score of 0, and had no CAD, even though he probably had an irregular lipid profile for many years, in addition to elevated blood sugars.

A BNP blood test, CT angiogram and blood pressure readings could be used to potentially rule out coronary artery lesions/CAD, instead of going on statins.

Conversely, people with weak endothelial linings may develop severe coronary artery lesions/CAD, with normal lipid profiles.

Again, the science behind the use of statins in both scenarios is questionable.

Thank you for the discussion- The overall lack of data regarding AAS in the literature is why we decided to do this study.

Last edited:
Hey guys- thanks again for all of your help and time in this study.

We still have another 2-3 months of this to go - please consider taking the survey if you have not done so.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Just providing an update- thank you to all whom have participated.

We are nearing our goal of participants but still not quite there.

We are planning on keeping it open another month- please consider taking the survey if you have not yet done so.

We sincerely thank you

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner