over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolics and armed forces?

beans

Registered
Any guys here at proM in the US military? I was wondering if there is any testing done to enlist. Is the drug testing done at meps? I want to join the Coast Guard but I've used Deca within the past year and I'm unsure if I'm clean from that. Also when at meps if you are between a height, as in lets say 5'5-5'6 will they use the taller height in correspondence to weight usually? I didn't think I would have to worry about it but for the Coast Guard there is a weight max/ height size and it doesn't go by bodyfat. Thanks

Any guys here at proM in the US military? I was wondering if there is any testing done to enlist. Is the drug testing done at meps? I want to join the Coast Guard but I've used Deca within the past year and I'm unsure if I'm clean from that. Also when at meps if you are between a height, as in lets say 5'5-5'6 will they use the taller height in correspondence to weight usually? I didn't think I would have to worry about it but for the Coast Guard there is a weight max/ height size and it doesn't go by bodyfat. Thanks

from what ive heard they only test for recreational drugs.

Deca stays in your system for about 18-20 months after you come off the drug, just to let you know.

thanks. I knew deca stayed in there for a long time. That was my main concern if they checked for anabolics.

No they don't check for anabolics so no worries.

As far as your height your recruiter will not send you to boot camp unless you are within the height/weight ratio. Whatever that is for the Coast Guard.

BTW my cousin just retired from the CG and it's all cake. I was the one who wanted to be gung-ho and went into the Marines.

No they only test while in if there is suspicion(ie found stuff in your room during room inspection, distribution etc). On entry level or any other time there is no testing. We test for cocaine, meth, thc and a rotation of barbiturates and prescription drugs

thanks guys...yeah I found out my weight maximum...for my height i need to be 155 max. I'm 175 right now. but I'm between 5'3 and 5'4. so if they were to say I was 5'4 I wouldn't have to loose as much weight opposed to the 20lbs at 5'3. I think I could loose the weight if needed but I recently got bodyfat checked with calipers and I was 13 percent. So I don't have a ton of weight to lose.

Don't worry about losing the weight, most services do a body fat test which I believe for the coast guard it is somewhere around 23%! So no worries for you bro

I got my information from a recruiter about the weight...he stated that it's the only branch like that.. they don't do a bodyfat test. its either you make your weight or you don't. I think I can get to that weight but ill end up putting it back on shortly thereafter. which makes me concerned if I need to be that weight every time there is a physical test in case they weigh me

Dude, they dont care if you juice your ass off, as long as you are not selling it, talk about it or let it effect your duties in a negative way.

I am talking about the Army in particular. I was in the infantry and during my last year I was on a lot of gear. I was 252lbs, at 5'11, I passed all PT tests and my bf was low.
They joked about me being on roids, but noone really cared. If you do narcotics (cocaine, weed, LCD etc.) they will fuck your world up.

I'm in the Marines and you can be overweight if your under 18% bodyfat. My max for my height at 5'6 is 165lbs. I come in at 185 at 10%. They don't use calipers either. They tape you. Also to answer your question I pass the whizz quiz with flying colors Everytime.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I'm in the Marines and you can be overweight if your under 18% bodyfat. My max for my height at 5'6 is 165lbs. I come in at 185 at 10%. They don't use calipers either. They tape you. Also to answer your question I pass the whizz quiz with flying colors Everytime.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

My buddy is in the Marines, too and is juicing his ass off right now. As long as you pass tape, you are good. Just make sure you are working on your neck. At 252lbs I was close to 60lbs over weight standard, but my neck was 19.5 (18.5 currently) so I passed tape without any issues. Just dont be "that guy" and leave your shit laying around if you live in the baracks :banghead:

When I was in the Corps I had to pass the tape and no they do not test for AAS

They measure your height as well as weight at meps. If i recall, they go by the nearest whole inch. So if you are close to 5'4 then that is what they will go by. You will also have to make weight everytime you take physical fitness test, I am assuming, since i never been in the Coast Guard.
In the Army you can be overweight as long as you pass the tape. I am around your height and when i joined i was like 30 lbs. over, and that was after i already lost between 10-15lbs. and my bf was 9%. If you are at 13% bf then you have plenty of fat to lose. Good Luck.

thanks guys. I'm trying to contact a Coast Guard recruiter to meet later this week. to clear up weight/ height and other things I want to know. I hope its like what you guys say is in other branches.

They will round up if you are at the .5" Don't think anyone answered that Q for you.

Also if lose the weight for the first Body Comp analysis. Less BS to deal with when you are goin through the motions of trying to get "in."

Still a lot of people trying to join the service. They can pretty much pick and choose as they desire. Just my .02

just spoke with a recruiter...coast guard has a waiting list of at least a year. Also it goes by max weight and not bf or measurements until after you get in. Also you have to maintain your max weight from before you leave until you get out of bootcamp...

so. they don't test for anything aas related at meps? just want to make sure before I sign. don't want to fail at meps over aas.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear