over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolics and Blood Volume Training

JAP426

Registered
I am in my 2nd week of a 6 week cycle of a popular "Designer Roid". Everything was going well and then my recurrent back spasms acted up again. This IS NOT lower back pump as I suffer from these back spasms in the mid-back area about three times a year. Here is my question:

I cannot use max weights for a few weeks until the back spasms clear up. I am not going to stop my cycle at this point either. Would "High Volume" or "Blood Volume" type training be okay to use in combination with a designer steroid? I am basically talking about lots of sets and reps for each bodypart at around 60% max weights. I know that MANY pro's (Craig Titus,Vince Taylor,Nimrod King,Serge Nubret,Sergio Oliva) used this type of training and all seemed to thrive on it especially with their heavy androgen use.

I know that these "Designer Roids" are awesome for the strength gains but I am mainly concerned with putting on size. I just want to make sure that heavy (80-90% max) training is not necessary with these type of compounds to put on size. By the way, I already have "decent" size at 5'8" 200 pounds 15% bodyfat.

Seems like you dont have any other option but to do it :D

Moen said:
Seems like you dont have any other option but to do it :D

I know. But if is deemed to be a COMPLETE waste of time then I might possibly cut my cycle short. I REALLLY don't want to cut it short.

there are plenty of ways to build muscle without using maximum poundages ( I think that lifting heavy is the best but not the only)

cut you rest times- try to get 15-20 sets per bodypart- train 4-5 days week/ even try training twice a day- get your reps to around 12-20- even try to set personal best for most weight for 20+ reps (example try to top your best 225lb bench mark)

Look at some examples of Bill Pearls training/Sergio Olivia training.

I'm a bit old school, what is a designer steriod? As in what compounds? A curiosity question. As for the training. You can build decent mass without max weights. As stated above volume training is one way, intensity measures like supersets, drop sets, very little rest between sets are all good methods. At 5,8 200 with 15% bf you should look at lowering BF levels a tad. Maybe 11-12% or even 10%. this will still allow you to build mass without adding fat.

Just my 2¢...

Blood volume training doesn't really work. Just for short periods where there is residual sarcoplasm built up, but without progressive overload to 100% failure, you aren't really gonna grow.

what is ur general training style? if its different than the routines of the bodybuilders u mentioned who are high volume, the change could work well, as others have stated, there are many ways to skin a cat but ur general training style would be helpful to know

Mr_Magoo said:
what is ur general training style? if its different than the routines of the bodybuilders u mentioned who are high volume, the change could work well, as others have stated, there are many ways to skin a cat but ur general training style would be helpful to know

I have been training fairly heavy. I normally do 5 x 10 on an exercise. For instance on bench press I normally do 5 x 10 with 235 pounds. 235 being approx. 70% of my 1 rep max. I am thinking about cutting back to 50-60% of my 1 rep max and doing more sets and reps.

this could also be a good time to experiment with new exercises, stuff from Viince Gironda would work well and his training system could be of value to u at this point, Christian Thibeadeau has an article on t-mag.com about it

Charles satyley's EDT training u can also read about on t-mag would work very well too

JAY426 said:
I have been training fairly heavy. I normally do 5 x 10 on an exercise. For instance on bench press I normally do 5 x 10 with 235 pounds. 235 being approx. 70% of my 1 rep max. I am thinking about cutting back to 50-60% of my 1 rep max and doing more sets and reps.

Sounds like you are already doing volume training. Just don't go to failure for a while

why are back spasms inhibiting your benching?

I would only think this would have an effect on legs and back training?

do leg presses/hacks and more extensions instead of squats

for back db rows where you put your knee on a bench and seated rows or any machine rows instead of free weight barbell. no deadlifts obviously.

I acutally had a slight break in my vertabrae once from going to heavy on barbell rows which i'm sure is worse than back spasms and I just did what I mentioned above.

Conan21 said:
why are back spasms inhibiting your benching?

I would only think this would have an effect on legs and back training?

do leg presses/hacks and more extensions instead of squats

for back db rows where you put your knee on a bench and seated rows or any machine rows instead of free weight barbell. no deadlifts obviously.

I acutally had a slight break in my vertabrae once from going to heavy on barbell rows which i'm sure is worse than back spasms and I just did what I mentioned above.

Actually the benching probably caused the back spasms. They just seem like they compress my mid-back area when I push hard.

put your feet up

bench with your feet up at the end of the bench....less weight but more pec stimulation.

Quote:
"I hate training with moderate weight and high reps but I must admit Magnum was right and I'm now on the right track".

The above was quoted from King Kamali on this board. So another name has to be added to the moderate weight/high rep list.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws